Default register, keyboard version

Default register, keyboard version
« on: March 02, 2022, 09:49:44 AM »
Hi, I am finishing up a patch library on a P6 module and 76-key controller and want to optimize the default register of the patches for the regular P6 49-key version. What is the default register sent from the lowest note on the keyboard? As in, if you play the lowest note on the keyboard, which "C" does it send over midi? Thank you. 8)

Re: Default register, keyboard version
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 04:00:43 PM »
Hi Gsus. I just fired up my P6 and my midi monitor and it shows C1 for the lowest note on the keyboard.

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2022, 02:57:05 AM »
Hi Gsus. I just fired up my P6 and my midi monitor and it shows C1 for the lowest note on the keyboard.

Keith

Is that when the octave shift is centred or at its lowest?

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2022, 06:16:59 AM »
Centered. When the octave shift is at it's lowest the note is C-1.

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2022, 09:27:38 PM »
Excellent thanks

Keith

Got it, thank you. So with the octave switch centered the lowest C is C3? Thanks for checking!

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2022, 05:54:48 AM »
With the octave switch centered my midi monitor shows that the lowest C is C1. With the octave switch at it’s lowest, the monitor shows C -1.

Keith