P6 USB midi suddenly not working?

P6 USB midi suddenly not working?
« on: February 22, 2022, 01:18:00 PM »
Very strange.. my P6 is no longer showing up as a connected active USB device on my Big Sur Mac Pro. Had no problems whatsoever the whole time I've owned it. Troubleshooted by connecting a known working USB cable going to a P5 that shows correctly on my Mac to it, and nothing.. I checked my global MIDI in and out setting on the P6.. everything looks correct for USB.. The P6 OS is 1.6.7.Anyone have any thoughts on what might be wrong?

Re: P6 USB midi suddenly not working?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 08:28:34 AM »
I had something like this happen to my Korg Prologue. My Mac one day just refused to talk to it via usb. For this and other reasons, I sold it. Your problem sounds eerily like mine with the common factor being the Mac. Maybe you could try deleting the usb midi device in Audio/Midi (without the P6 being hooked up). Then connect the P6 and turn it on. The usb midi device should return and perhaps be functional again.

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 08:38:39 AM »
I had that happen with another USB-midi device once and Keith's suggestion solved it for me. I've stopped using USB for midi synths altogether though because it almost always causes a ground loop hum in the background.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2023, 09:24:41 PM »
My Prophet-6 desktop just stopped receiving MIDI IN via a MIDI Cable. I checked it with 3 different controllers and several different working cables. The sequencer produces sound so everything seems fine except MIDI IN. I reset the Global parameters but haven’t done a hard reset if that’s even possible. Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 09:51:17 PM by Blacklab88 »