Prophet 6: Great sound with minor drawback

Prophet 6: Great sound with minor drawback
« on: February 20, 2022, 08:02:57 PM »
Just got my p6 for about a week and still learning it. THICK and FAT SOUND ! What an analog magic !

The only thing that I feel needs to be changed is the patch selection, specially when jumping from like 99 to 100 or 109 to 110. Need to use both hands to hit several buttons before reach the sound that I want. Other than that everything is cool.

Very quickly did a short track using P6. https://youtu.be/p0aNgj-sQ9I

Re: Prophet 6: Great sound with minor drawback
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 08:28:11 AM »

The only thing that I feel needs to be changed is the patch selection, specially when jumping from like 99 to 100 or 109 to 110. Need to use both hands to hit several buttons before reach the sound that I want. Other than that everything is cool.

You can change one patch up or down by using the BANK and TENS buttons together. Click and hold BANK and then click TENS and it moves up one patch. And vice versa to go down a patch. Definitely saves a lot of clicking to jump from 99 to 100.

And cool sounds you made!

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 05:50:12 PM »

You can change one patch up or down by using the BANK and TENS buttons together. Click and hold BANK and then click TENS and it moves up one patch. And vice versa to go down a patch. Definitely saves a lot of clicking to jump from 99 to 100.

And cool sounds you made!

Thanks for your tip ! :D

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 07:06:31 AM »
Anyone got a workaround for pressing HOLD when you've got a nice arpeggio going using two hands? At the moment I bend down and press it with my nose  ;D OK when alone in the studio.. doesn't look so great on stage!

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 07:41:10 AM »
Anyone got a workaround for pressing HOLD when you've got a nice arpeggio going using two hands? At the moment I bend down and press it with my nose  ;D OK when alone in the studio.. doesn't look so great on stage!

What about pressing hold before playing the arpeggio?

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2022, 07:32:11 AM »

What about pressing hold before playing the arpeggio?

Keith

Problem with that is that you have to know exactly what you are going to come up with before you press the keys.. and I more often than not use the assign arp mode as well, so when I get something that is interesting or fits right I have to press Hold at that point. Not a major thing, just wondering if there was a workaround.. In fact just typing this I wonder if using the sustain pedal when arp is on replicates the Hold button? Or just increases the sustain / release.. I will try that later!

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2022, 11:21:08 AM »
Is there not an external MIDI command for the hold button? If so,you could program it to a footswitch.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2022, 12:39:15 PM »
doesn't look so great on stage!
.....Oh I don't know, get a cape on and you can do most things including eating a curry and no one will bat an eye lid! ;)