Leon Theremin documentary

maxter

Leon Theremin documentary
« on: February 19, 2022, 02:36:42 PM »
Most here probably know what a Theremin is... but the story of its inventor, Leon Theremin, isn't as well known generally.
So, here's a documentary from 1995 by Steven M. Martin. Hard to find with subtitles, which are needed to understand some of it. The video file was a bit broken, and audio was not aligned with video in some places. I did my best to re-sync those parts, but there may still be very minor offsets here and there.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/IYev7hI4fS6u/

While the following isn't a trailer for the documentary, it still might spark some interest:
The Way the Truth and the Life

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Leon Theremin documentary
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 02:40:10 PM »
Thanks for that video, Maxter.  I really like the idea of this forum being an educational resource, having all sorts of documentaries and histories on persons, companies, and instruments. 

maxter

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 03:56:22 PM »
Someone recently posted this one on the tube, with higher quality!  :)
(the clip with Brian Wilson at 58:28 always makes me smile  :o  )

The Way the Truth and the Life

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 06:22:42 PM »
Most here probably know what a Theremin is... but the story of its inventor, Leon Theremin, isn't as well known generally.
So, here's a documentary from 1995 by Steven M. Martin. Hard to find with subtitles, which are needed to understand some of it. The video file was a bit broken, and audio was not aligned with video in some places. I did my best to re-sync those parts, but there may still be very minor offsets here and there.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/IYev7hI4fS6u/

While the following isn't a trailer for the documentary, it still might spark some interest:

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 07:09:01 PM »
Theremin World is a good resource . I learned of some other interesting documentary’s about the theremin was seriously considering getting a theremin but choose not to being it’s so difficult to learn how to play. There was one called something like the wild and wacky world of the theremin something like that. Interesting to note that the theremin was developed after
Other scientific innovations and discoveries.  Those RCA theremins are the coveted ones.  There were many famous people that played the theremin in the 30s  i remember.  Jimmy Page of Led Zepplin used a theremin.  It’s a small subculture. I joined the theremin world forum. Thier knowledgeable.  The Moog forum was where I learned of the theremin world forum.
The Moog Forum covers theremins as well.  The theremin is like the great granddaddy of the Synthisizer way before modular synths and the Minimoog. Bob Moog started his company selling theremin kits. The moog etherwave standard is a popular
Theremin that moog offers. There’s that French keyboard instrument I can never pronounce or spell the name , but it has a ring and you play the keyboard with the ring and it sounds like a theremin as well.  There are fewer people that play that instrument than theremins and there aren’t to many vintage orginal ones left anymore, they are very rare.  There are a few companies that are currently manufacturing them though.  Pre order since they are not produced in volume. It would be easier to obtain a theremin and there are more price points and more companies that manufacture them.