Prophet 5 Rev4 bass patches

Prophet 5 Rev4 bass patches
« on: February 15, 2022, 12:17:58 AM »
Hi!
How do you make basspatches on the Rev4?
I have found that I really have to use the CEM filter and I find the CEM filters envelope shape quite different than the SSM filters when used for bass. Which is true to history I think, as I found it difficult to do a nice bass sound on my old Prophet 5 Rev2.

Any other bassideas than the dry moog style bass I do here?
Do you use the Prophet 5 for bass?

I have a minimoog and other monos but I must confess that I use the Prophet 5 more and more for bass, its warm, punchy and fat enough I think :)

LPF83

Re: Prophet 5 Rev4 bass patches
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 04:52:33 AM »
Hi!
How do you make basspatches on the Rev4?
I have found that I really have to use the CEM filter and I find the CEM filters envelope shape quite different than the SSM filters when used for bass. Which is true to history I think, as I found it difficult to do a nice bass sound on my old Prophet 5 Rev2.

Any other bassideas than the dry moog style bass I do here?
Do you use the Prophet 5 for bass?

I have a minimoog and other monos but I must confess that I use the Prophet 5 more and more for bass, its warm, punchy and fat enough I think :)

I do also find the Rev3 filter the more useful of the two for bass patches, especially when talking about short and punchy/staccato type basses.

To be honest I don't use my P10 for bass all that often though, simply because it is so good at high polyphony sounds that I prefer to use it for that, while using one of my other synths for typical mono bass lines.

Although there are some types of bass --- longer sustained notes, perhaps more aptly named low register pads, that I get out of the P10 --- that my other synths can't come close to.  That sort of haunting vintage low end magic... the oscillators on the P6 just can't do the same thing as the P5/10, even with the vintage knob.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Re: Prophet 5 Rev4 bass patches
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 12:24:04 AM »
I already have a Moog Slim Phatty and Behringer Model D as my go to bass synths. But I also made some very nice bass patches on the P10 and I have to agree that if it comes to bass patches I always use the CEM filters.