Polyaftertouch on Prophet 10 desktop

Polyaftertouch on Prophet 10 desktop
« on: February 10, 2022, 08:52:21 PM »
Trying to get polyAT working on the Prophet 10 module using an ASM Hydrasynth as a controller, but its only affecting global aftertouch. Is there a setting on the Prophet 10 to make this work? Or is it a setting on the Hydrasynth that I'm overlooking?

Thanks

Re: Polyaftertouch on Prophet 10 desktop
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 02:17:28 AM »
There is no poly aftertouch on P10.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 09:19:21 AM »
multiple people on this thread saying that it does receive poly aftertouch messages

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php?topic=5098.0

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 01:14:55 PM »
With my ensoniq VFX the poly aftertouch does work. MPE is not implemented in the P10

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 01:36:16 PM »
Are there any settings necessary to be changed on the P10 to allow for the PolyAT? I wish this was more obvious in the product descriptions and manual

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 12:52:43 AM »
I stand corrected, it’s in the MIDI spec. Presumably to get it to work, you’d need to have aftertouch routed to the filter or LFO depth via the hardware button at the top-right of the synth. Or have it routed to a CC that matches a Prophet parameter via the external keyboard’s mod matrix.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 02:19:41 AM »
I stand corrected, it’s in the MIDI spec. Presumably to get it to work, you’d need to have aftertouch routed to the filter or LFO depth via the hardware button at the top-right of the synth. Or have it routed to a CC that matches a Prophet parameter via the external keyboard’s mod matrix.

No need to "stand corrected" ...  There is no poly aftertouch ... If you for example activate filter AT and press
one key hard enough so the filter opens up, it affect all other keys to ...   That is not "poly" anything , IMO  :) 

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 02:50:24 AM »

No need to "stand corrected" ...  There is no poly aftertouch ... If you for example activate filter AT and press
one key hard enough so the filter opens up, it affect all other keys to ...   That is not "poly" anything , IMO  :) 

Cheers !

No, I definitely do. Polyphonic aftertouch is listed in the MIDI spec sheet for the P5/10 as something the synth responds to from an external device.

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2022, 03:45:03 AM »

Cheers !

No, I definitely do. Polyphonic aftertouch is listed in the MIDI spec sheet for the P5/10 as something the synth responds to from an external device.

As I stated above. It works from my ensoniq keyboard.

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2022, 03:47:50 AM »
Oookey ....   I´ll believe it when I see and hear it in a video   ;)

Press and hold one key to "wide open filter" and then press another key slowly
to go from "almost closed filter to wide open" ....

Or with modulation, same modus : one key pressed , full modulation,
one more key pressed : go from zero to full modulation .....    ::)

Prove me wrong   8)

( Although I have not tested with another keyboard ....  Hmmm ....    :o   )

Cheers !

1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2022, 03:59:26 AM »

It responds with Mono Aftertouch response, to a poly aftertouch signal.  The poly becomes monoized by transmitting to the Prophet.
Prophet 10, 0692
Ryzen 3900XT 12/24
Studio One
iPhone 5s Moog Model D via bluetooths of Reface Looper or Xkeys, Arturia Beatstep Pro w/Roland System 1m, Roland JP08, Roland TD17s as drums &->Prophet 10, Oxygen 8v2->Prophet, Akai Adv 25 or Launchey arps->Prophet10 or any all VSTs.

the8bitdeity

• Ham handed synth enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2022, 03:24:29 PM »
I just tried this on my P10 module and confirmed it works. As with all DSI / (new) Sequential pieces the unit will gladly accept incoming Polyphonic Aftertouch and polyphonically route it to whatever Aftertouch routing you have specified. If you send it Channel Pressure, it does it globally, if you send it Polyphonic Pressure it applies it to the relevant voices. I don't know (nor care to try) what happens when you send it both.

Kijimi, Xerxes mk2, OB6D, P6D, Prophet 5D (expanded), OB-X8D, Hydrasynth, Pro 3, Wavestate, MS20D, A4mk2, ARmk2, MC202, Avalon, Syntakt, Octatrack, NLDR, H9000, Digitone, Deckard's Dream mk2, Isi-Nin, Roland System 500 + other Eurorack

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2022, 09:38:54 AM »
The Hydrasynth can be configured to transmit channel, poly or no aftertouch. On the deluxe its global settings, page 6, control 1.
FT

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2022, 11:40:32 PM »
That's one of the things I love about DSI/Sequential products. Whatever Aftertouch data you send to them, it is used to modulate everything where you assigned "pressure" as a mod source. No need to reprogram your patches to accept mono or poly at and yes poly at works polyphonic. This is true on my P10, P'08 and P12. One thing to note: if you send Poly AT to a P10 with a multivouce unison patch it only modulates voice 1 so in that case you should send channel AT. Also remember the P10 only has 1 LFO for all voices of a patch so this doesn't work on LFO modulation but it does work with Filter cutoff modulated by Poly AT.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 11:50:06 PM by Hamudi2000 »