Start up in Live Panel Mode

Start up in Live Panel Mode
« on: February 10, 2022, 08:11:56 AM »
First off - maybe I just can't see it, but there doesn't seem to be a search function in this forum... am I missing something???

Second - I would really love to be able to start up in Live Panel Mode. Right now, I have to turn on the unit, then switch to live panel mode. Only, my settings are actually not stored correctly. I have to always activate the switches related to velocity and tracking of the filter, which clearly do not save or maybe they always are off when you switch into live panel mode. Regardless, I'd love to have the P10 able to start up in the last state that my device was shut down in... I think I have also tried hitting global multiple times to create the save state and it doesn't turn on in Live Panel Mode.

Anyone know if this sort of thing is in the works? I prefer 100% manual mode - as it's more fun than presets on this device, to me at least.

Re: Start up in Live Panel Mode
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 10:16:58 AM »
First off - maybe I just can't see it, but there doesn't seem to be a search function in this forum... am I missing something???

It's at the top of the page for me. I've attached a screen clip.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 03:54:00 AM »

Second - I would really love to be able to start up in Live Panel Mode. Right now, I have to turn on the unit, then switch to live panel mode. Only, my settings are actually not stored correctly. I have to always activate the switches related to velocity and tracking of the filter, which clearly do not save or maybe they always are off when you switch into live panel mode. Regardless, I'd love to have the P10 able to start up in the last state that my device was shut down in... I think I have also tried hitting global multiple times to create the save state and it doesn't turn on in Live Panel Mode.

Anyone know if this sort of thing is in the works? I prefer 100% manual mode - as it's more fun than presets on this device, to me at least.

I looked into your issue because I save programs using MIDI OX, and it starts up to my most recently saved program.  To use MIDI OX to save programs first open MIDI OX then click View:sysex; then in the Sysex window, click Sysex:receive manual dump.  Now to transmit from the synth I set globals row 1 at 6 (USB) then globals row 2 at 7 (Pgm Dmp).  The selector buttons (group select and bank select) of the synth now select either program/bank/group/user or all.  I tried this with the live panel active, by saving USr instead of PrO (entire User presets).  Then I closed MIDI OX, and power cycled the Prophet 10.  When it came up it was on the program not in live panel, unfortunately. However, the few buttons I'd switched since going to live panel just to get a better sound there, were set to the same position they'd been set to before I'd done the dump of the live panel.  So What I am thinking is you should save a program, with the live panel buttons set as you want them, in that program.  Then dump it to MIDI OX, it will be the default program when you start the synth, and the live panel buttons will be set as you want. 
Prophet 10, 0692
Ryzen 3900XT 12/24
Studio One
iPhone 5s Moog Model D via bluetooths of Reface Looper or Xkeys, Arturia Beatstep Pro w/Roland System 1m, Roland JP08, Roland TD17s as drums &->Prophet 10, Oxygen 8v2->Prophet, Akai Adv 25 or Launchey arps->Prophet10 or any all VSTs.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 07:13:53 AM »

Press "RECORD" and 111 every time before shutting down, then youŽll have
your latest settings stored at startup. Press "GLOBAL" when in 111 and it
will be the default start program  ....

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 08:47:15 AM »

Press "RECORD" and 111 every time before shutting down, then youŽll have
your latest settings stored at startup. Press "GLOBAL" when in 111 and it
will be the default start program  ....

Cheers !
Great idea!!🙌