Prophet 6 Voice chip problem?

Prophet 6 Voice chip problem?
« on: February 03, 2022, 05:15:43 PM »
Have had mine for about 4/5 years now. Just recently, it seems to be having an issue. Whenever I have a preset selected, and play middle C several times in a row, every third or 5th note goes down in volume about 80 percent. However, when I toggle the preset button OFF, it doesnt' do this. I just updated to 1.7.5 and it's still doing it. Ideas anyone? FYI- I'm not a synth dude...I just have one at my studio.

Re: Prophet 6 Voice chip problem?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 06:21:52 PM »

Re: Prophet 6 Voice chip problem?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 06:46:40 AM »
I had a similar problem on an outdoor gig running from an pickup truck inverter generator.  Every 6th note of my Prophet 6 desktop would be softer than the rest.  The Prophet was running stereo outs but I only connected one cable to my amp.  My Kronos would not boot because of the low power levels, but the Prophet 6 got me thru the gig.

I got home and everything worked fine..

Are you using one or two output cables?  Using one output in global stereo mode with 12:00 pan spread might cause some notes to sound quieter.

Is Prophet running stereo or mono? Global Lower 7 - switch to mono and re-check.

Is the pan spread knob up? Turn it to zero.

Is slop turned up? turn it down.

Are the output cables fully inserted? You would be surprised how often this affects the sound output.

Plug in headphones and see if the note is still quiet.  It could be your signal chain too.

Sam