Soundtower Patch Editor not working on Mac OS M1 Monterey!

Soundtower Patch Editor not working on Mac OS M1 Monterey!
« on: February 03, 2022, 03:25:54 PM »
Hi,

i made a lot of sounds with the Take5 and i thought to give away the Patches but i want to sort the patches before i give them away, the easiest way to do this is to use the patch editor but the editor isn't working on my mac os M1...

I can see it in the editor when i move the filter knob for example or other knobs so the Take5 is sending correctly, i can send Patches out of the main library to the Take5 but i can't receive my own patches in the user banks...

Any ideas?

Frank

kpatz

Re: Soundtower Patch Editor not working on Mac OS M1 Monterey!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 05:22:24 PM »
A few things come to mind to check.

1.  Is Sysex turned on in the global menu?  Also check the Sysex Cable setting to ensure it's set to whatever you're using (USB or MIDI).
2.  Is it a paid/licensed copy of Soundtower?  The demo version is restricted in terms of sending/receiving patches.
3.  If you go into the global menu, and select Dump Preset, does Soundtower receive the patch?  How about if you select Dump Bank?

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 05:32:39 PM »
Have you tried Knobkraft Orm?

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 02:55:34 PM »
Knobkraft Orm looks very nicei have to check this out...!

@kpatz: Of course, before i posted my question here, i re-checked everything, of course i can send patches, the factory ones, to the edit buffer of the synth so it seems to me, that everything is working fine with my connection...

But when receiving is not working on the demo, then it's my problem, i haven't read anywhere that this is a limitation... Thank you for that info..!!

Frank

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 01:51:42 PM »
I had a similar issue with the Rev2 librarian/editor from SoundTower. My issue was that I was connecting through a usb hub, or through a MIDI interface. It only worked 100% when I was connected directly to the computer through USB.