MIDI latency with Tempest while other devices are fine (Cubase 11)

I'm running all the latest updates for the Tempest. I'm using Cubase 11. For connection I have tried both MIDI and USB and have run into the same issue.

I've drawn 1/4-bar notes on a MIDI track triggering a "Rim Shot" sound on the Tempest, while having the Cubase metronome being run along with the sound. My other synths do fine but there is a noticeable delay with the Tempest (To discribe the sound, imagine two people trying to clap at the same time).

Are there any settings to tweak inside the unit or will this need to be fix in Cubase? Perhaps the Tempest will need to be assigned it's own millisecond compensation?

Re: MIDI latency with Tempest while other devices are fine (Cubase 11)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 03:19:32 PM »
I haven't used Cubase in year, but I had a similar issue in Reaper with one MIDI output.

I put some midi notes on the beat, played it back and recorded the audio. It was easy to calculate the offset and set a negative offset for that MIDI output.

Are your other synths on their own MIDI output?

Also check your cubase channel has no plugins that would cause a lag or delay.

Re: MIDI latency with Tempest while other devices are fine (Cubase 11)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 03:36:38 PM »
I haven't used Cubase in year, but I had a similar issue in Reaper with one MIDI output.

I put some midi notes on the beat, played it back and recorded the audio. It was easy to calculate the offset and set a negative offset for that MIDI output.

Are your other synths on their own MIDI output?

Also check your cubase channel has no plugins that would cause a lag or delay.

yeah they're on their own output. The only way around it was to use a track delay of -13ms. Now it's spot on. My audio interface has good low latency too... so I'm not sure what is happening. I'll keep trying things as I go. Thanks for the quick reply.