How to keytrack OSC shape fully?

How to keytrack OSC shape fully?
« on: February 02, 2022, 06:12:50 PM »
Hi all,

Loving experimenting with my Rev2! One of the things I tried today was to set OSC 1 to Pulse and then modulate the OSC 1 Shape Mod to 'note number'  in the modulation matrix. By setting the amount value to '127' in the matrix and keeping the OSC Shape knob on '0', I was expecting to hear the Pulse wave start narrow on the low keys, become square in the middle of the keyboard (the middle F# key precisely) and then become narrow again at the top (as this is how the knob behaves). Instead I think it's only going from 0-50%, despite being set to it's maximum value. I guess this kind of makes sense if you divide the knob into negative and positive values but I'd like to be able to sweep across the entire range of the actual knob via keytracking. Is there any trick to getting around this??

Mauro

Re: How to keytrack OSC shape fully?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 11:54:36 PM »
I think the problem is this: you'll get the complete range of the shape from the note 0 to the note 127, but your keyboard has only 61 keys, half the range as you noticed. For gettin' the complete shape range in 61 keys you have to allocate 2 modulation matrix from note number to Osc Shape. And for adjust the first and last key where you get the right range you could use a third matrix with DC to Osc Shape.

jok3r

Re: How to keytrack OSC shape fully?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 01:18:05 AM »
creativespiral did a lot of work on things like this. Did you read through the Appendix F thread?

Perhaps this post could help you:

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,3203.msg37290.html#msg37290
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES