8dio soundpaint

pebre

8dio soundpaint
« on: February 02, 2022, 02:10:11 AM »
Hi,
Most us are very happy with the prophet xl, but sometimes a little frustrated that there the expansions given by 8dio aren't really what we hoped for. 8dio have now launched Soundpaint a free software pluging. You can then add sound for a few dollars. I see a lot of sounds I would want for my Prophet xl. some nice guitars, rhodes,... Would it be so hard to convert these to official expansions for 8dio?  I know, I could sample them via samplerobot. But not everybody has that luxury. Sorry for this negative sounding post. I really love my XL.

Re: 8dio soundpaint
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 01:23:16 PM »
I was incredibly hyped when I got my prophet and purchased almost all of the expansions from 8DIO.

I was also incredibly disappointed.  For that kind of money I feel like you should get more than 16 presets and a few samples per pack.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 08:52:06 AM »
8-Dio have been consistently disappointing. A buggy sample manager that is still in beta since 2019 and a handful of mediocre sample packs. Meh.
Prophet X. Prophet 12 Module. Prophet 6 Module. Ob-6 Module. Trigon-6 Module. Eventide H9000R (x2). Tegeler Audio Schwerkraftmaschine / Raumzeitmaschine / Creme RC (x3). Bettermaker Mastering Limiter, Mastering EQ, Mastering Compressor. Avid S3.
Mac Studio. Logic.

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 05:58:03 AM »
Oddly, I too found their sound packs for the PX less than inspiring however their Insolidus Choir for kontakt is the best choir sample I’ve heard.
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 05:59:01 AM »
Thanks for posting about soundpaint. I have tried it with the free piano and wonder if it's the same as the factory piano in the PX? As using the soundpaint version seems to have more velocity expression (perhaps I am imagining this?!?)
Prophet X, Korg Modwave, Wavestate, Novation Summit, Microfreak, B2600, Akai Force, Skulpt, Uno Pro, Ableton Live and some modular

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2022, 08:25:53 PM »
Agreed. Has anyone tried voicing this to them? Im more interested in instruments, personally. I would be happy if either they opened all 8DIO sounds to be incorporated as sound packs, or if they just opened it all up for user samples.
Sound Vision

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2022, 02:47:33 AM »
yes I have asked numerous times for same treatment as Soundpaint for the X/Xl, to be honest they dont give a shit about the X/Xl. I have all there sample packs and only like about 2 of them, very dissapointng, they have so much in their library they could use, shame on you 8Dio, shame

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2023, 03:49:49 AM »
I was very disappointed with the 8DIO packs, but the samples them selves are good so it gives a building block to build your own Moog/OBX patch etc. It seems like the packs were rushed.

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2023, 02:06:11 AM »
I've just looked at this again and find it ironic that the presenter is using a PX and a PXL in the soundpaint tutorials https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvkLhep-CbWGkN8DQG9nj3p_vGvsETka8&si=_GTFwGE1GzoTJnZh
Prophet X, Korg Modwave, Wavestate, Novation Summit, Microfreak, B2600, Akai Force, Skulpt, Uno Pro, Ableton Live and some modular

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2023, 09:48:24 AM »
I've just looked at this again and find it ironic that the presenter is using a PX and a PXL in the soundpaint tutorials https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvkLhep-CbWGkN8DQG9nj3p_vGvsETka8&si=_GTFwGE1GzoTJnZh

A free logo placement and an insult to PX owners all in one. Quite creative of them.
Prophet X. Prophet 12 Module. Prophet 6 Module. Ob-6 Module. Trigon-6 Module. Eventide H9000R (x2). Tegeler Audio Schwerkraftmaschine / Raumzeitmaschine / Creme RC (x3). Bettermaker Mastering Limiter, Mastering EQ, Mastering Compressor. Avid S3.
Mac Studio. Logic.

Shaw

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2023, 09:56:22 AM »
I had a brief piqued interest in Soundpaint... but the sound engine leaves much to be desired.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |