MiniKorg 700FS

Re: MiniKorg 700FS
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2022, 09:35:56 AM »
Great little vid. And it reminds me how much affection I have for Korg as a company. My first synth was a Sequential Circuits Pro One, but my second and third synths were from Korg. These two companies have a special place in my heart. I've had a handful of Roland synths and drum machines, and while I've loved those instruments, I didn't feel they were "mine," if that makes sense. Korg is "mine," their synths feel like home. If I had that fancy combo of more money and more space to fill, I'd love to have the MiniKorg, if only cos its a beautiful instrument. I only know its sound from recent vids or from various album credits - I couldn't pick one out of a track - and it's not a sound that demands ownership from me, but as a lovely Thing, it's, well, lovely. Anyway, if nothing else, the video was a right thing for a rainy Sunday. Thanks, Sacred!

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2022, 02:48:58 PM »
You're welcome, Ant.

I know exactly how you feel.  My first synthesizer was a Univox Minikorg and my second was an MS-20.  So Korg is near and dear to my heart, too.  Plus, we musicians are hams; we have special feelings for our instruments.  They're more than tools of a trade to us but are like secret friends or hiding places.  At least, that's what it's like when you begin at a young age, and traces of those feelings last probably for life.  And personally, I think the instruments that inspire those emotions are the ones we should use. 

I'm surprised you didn't go for the Logue series.  Or did you?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 05:02:38 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2022, 07:44:47 PM »
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 08:38:43 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2022, 12:24:16 AM »
You're welcome, Ant.

I know exactly how you feel.  My first synthesizer was a Univox Minikorg and my second was an MS-20.  So Korg is near and dear to my heart, too.  Plus, we musicians are hams; we have special feelings for our instruments.  They're more than tools of a trade to us but are like secret friends or hiding places.  At least, that's what it's like when you begin at a young age, and traces of those feelings last probably for life.  And personally, I think the instruments that inspire those emotions are the ones we should use. 

I'm surprised you didn't go for the Logue series.  Or did you?

I certain bond with certain instruments. Selling my Juno 6 was easy because I didn't have a personal connection. Selling my PolySix was difficult cos that thing was such a part of my life story!

I do have a Prologue and love it. Buying that made selling the PolySix a little easier. My wife has a Minilogue, which she uses at gigs, so yeah, Logue fans here for sure!

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2023, 05:47:55 PM »
This is one of the better videos of this Instrument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KNHFXYqrJ4

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2023, 06:35:48 PM »
This is one of the better videos of this Instrument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KNHFXYqrJ4

Synths like this are dangerous for me! I seem to be drawn, more and more, to basic, "good sounding" gear. I don't need 12 bells and 20 whistles if the guts of the gear is just right. Thankfully, this falls well beyond budget. Phew!