How do you get out of GLOBAL mode

How do you get out of GLOBAL mode
« on: January 31, 2022, 11:58:08 AM »
OK.. what is the method to step back out of GLOBAL mode? Seems the intuitive , just press global again, does nothing.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 12:55:32 PM by extreme measures »

Re: How do you get out of GLOBAL mode
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 07:16:24 AM »
I was sure that I had not encountered this before so I just tried it on my PX. In my case the global button is a simple on/off button. Push it to get into the globals settings. Push again to get out. What firmware are you using?

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 07:32:50 AM »
Thanks Keith. I just updated to latest a couple of days ago. I second press on the global btn does nothing here. REALLY appreciate your answer. I didn't know if it was a stupid question or not. I asked this in 2018 as well. Haven't used the PX since 2019. It's back in the studio now and updated. As long as I know that's the expected functionality you've helped!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 08:04:38 AM by extreme measures »

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 09:19:16 AM »
The PX has a PC computer board in it with a battery. If the battery goes bad then all sorts of weird and wonderful (not) things can happen, up to and including not booting. I had this happen on my X32 rack mixer after leaving it at a mate's house for several months. I now turn on my PX for a couple of hours every three or four days, even if I don't intend to use it, just to keep the battery charged. Not sure if or how this could cause problems with the globals button but since you hadn't used yours for some time I thought I would mention it. Good luck.

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 09:22:47 AM »
Thanks again. Yes, I was actually a little surprised to see a very inexpensive pc mobo in there. I had to go in to fix a keyboard issue. I'll work it some more. Really appreciate your input.