Prophet X,XL issue \ Freeze Problem!

Prophet X,XL issue \ Freeze Problem!
« on: January 30, 2022, 12:50:46 PM »
Since August 2020 I have contacted Sequential support with freezing problem. Nothing helped from what they advised to do or change inside the Prophet. Unfortunately, even replacing all new boards - Mainboard, Motherboard, RAM and SSD v2 and very last update PxUpdate_V2.2.2.0.0 which was sent to me personally - did not help! Prophet freezes. Also, can freeze when reading folders with user samples or during loading from a USB drive.

I so hoped that the freezing problems would be solved. I need a stable instrument for work. Tired of waiting since the summer of 2020. Tired morally and psychologically, without exaggeration. The irony is that I'm just in love with the sound and concept of the Prophet XL. If before buying, I dreamed about this instrument. Now the dream is that Prophet XL works without freezing.

Re: Prophet X,XL issue \ Freeze Problem!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 03:26:22 AM »
Since August 2020 I have contacted Sequential support with freezing problem. Nothing helped from what they advised to do or change inside the Prophet. Unfortunately, even replacing all new boards - Mainboard, Motherboard, RAM and SSD v2 and very last update PxUpdate_V2.2.2.0.0 which was sent to me personally - did not help! Prophet freezes. Also, can freeze when reading folders with user samples or during loading from a USB drive.

I so hoped that the freezing problems would be solved. I need a stable instrument for work. Tired of waiting since the summer of 2020. Tired morally and psychologically, without exaggeration. The irony is that I'm just in love with the sound and concept of the Prophet XL. If before buying, I dreamed about this instrument. Now the dream is that Prophet XL works without freezing.

Did you ever try a line filter?

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 01:20:24 AM »
Hi all! I want to inform you that my problem with freezing was successfully solved. The reason lay in the power supply, I replaced the power supply board and everything works fine!

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 08:22:32 AM »
Hi all! I want to inform you that my problem with freezing was successfully solved. The reason lay in the power supply, I replaced the power supply board and everything works fine!

Did you lose your patches doing this?

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 10:38:33 AM »

Did you lose your patches doing this?

No! They are kept in the MAINBOARD. Even if you change the motherboard, they keep it anyway. So, in case you change the SSD with another one, you just have to load what you had before changing it, and you have to load the samples in the order they were, otherwise they will mix and replace with other sounds.

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2022, 01:29:16 AM »
Happy to hear your problems have been Solved @vadin  :) I bought a second hand Px a few months ago and have been nervous about it whilst reading your story.

I can relax a little more now
Prophet X / Maschine+ / Prophet6 / Drumbrute Impact / RME fireface

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2022, 12:34:25 PM »
Happy to hear your problems have been Solved @vadin  :) I bought a second hand Px a few months ago and have been nervous about it whilst reading your story.

I can relax a little more now

I'm sorry I made you worry! Yeah it's all right now) After my PX was revived, I recorded a new track on it)

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2022, 05:02:58 AM »
Moin, I got a new mainboard, PSU and SSD and it seems working fine now. Yeah!

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2022, 10:34:11 AM »
Ive been having a freezing problem, followed by a notice of “Can’t access audio output” when I reboot. The instrument is basically dead, this intermittent problem having become permanent. I replaced the motherboard and power supply to no effect at all. Currently, I’m waiting for replies from support. I really hope they can come up with something.

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2022, 06:41:21 AM »
After four weeks I changed SSD, mainboard and PSU the Prophet freezes again. Three times at one day.
I give up…

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2022, 05:41:39 AM »
After four weeks I changed SSD, mainboard and PSU the Prophet freezes again. Three times at one day.
I give up…

and sold.

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2022, 08:59:05 AM »
I give up…

and sold.

Someone bought a defective unit? Hope you didn't exploit them.

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2022, 12:59:40 PM »
This problem only started for me when I updated to 2.2.2.0.0. I read about the power supply thing and switched to the cable from my REV2. That worked for a while, but after I added the 8DIO Oberheim add-on, it went from being an intermittent problem to a permanent problem. I tried turning it off and back on and switching power cables probably over a hundred times in the past two days to no effect. So I tried downgrading to 2.2.1.0.0 with MIDI DIN in bootloader mode, and after successfully downgrading, nothing happened. Now I have an OS that's incompatible with the DSP, which is still 2.2.2. So now I'm trying to switch the OS back to the current version so it matches the DSP, but I don't have the file and expect this support ticket I just opened before the weekend to take years to resolve. Does anyone have the OS Main for the current version? I only have the bin file.