New wood panels!

jdm

New wood panels!
« on: January 28, 2022, 02:13:59 PM »
I just got my new OB-6 end-caps from Synthwolf (rebeccah@synthwolf.com) and they're gorgeous! 

cheers,

-- jdm

Re: New wood panels!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 02:17:13 PM »
I just got my new OB-6 end-caps from Synthwolf (rebeccah@synthwolf.com) and they're gorgeous! 

cheers,

-- jdm

They look awesome on your ob6!!
Sweet!
Prophet~6|Prophet~10 Rev3|Prophet~10 Rev4|OB-6|OB-Xa |Minimoog Model-D (reissue)|Tempest|DMX|LinnDrum|Drumtraks

jdm

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 05:59:19 PM »
Sweet!

it's amazing that they look like fire in the sun (see pics) but in deep, dark, depths of the studio (well ok, probably just anywhere indoors will do) they are that rich, smokey black walnut.  Very distinctive - and befitting such an instrument as the OB-6.

I would have paid extra for the Moog One to have had fancy, beautiful wood - or at least a choice in color, as we did with the Moog Voyager.  The One is the most amazing instrument, but I'm not a fan of the finish color, which always reminds me of the orangey "cedar" color you can get to stain your fence or deck.  A Moog One (replacement) case made from black walnut, on the other hand, with nothing but oil finish, would be *gorgeous!*...

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 07:24:27 AM »
Sweet!

it's amazing that they look like fire in the sun (see pics) but in deep, dark, depths of the studio (well ok, probably just anywhere indoors will do) they are that rich, smokey black walnut.  Very distinctive - and befitting such an instrument as the OB-6.

I would have paid extra for the Moog One to have had fancy, beautiful wood - or at least a choice in color, as we did with the Moog Voyager.  The One is the most amazing instrument, but I'm not a fan of the finish color, which always reminds me of the orangey "cedar" color you can get to stain your fence or deck.  A Moog One (replacement) case made from black walnut, on the other hand, with nothing but oil finish, would be *gorgeous!*...

Haha yeah it’s true! That old Smokey cedar look on fences and decks. That’s funny.
I think a beautiful walnut case for the moog one should definitely up the aesthetics of the synth. We’ll be in touch!
Prophet~6|Prophet~10 Rev3|Prophet~10 Rev4|OB-6|OB-Xa |Minimoog Model-D (reissue)|Tempest|DMX|LinnDrum|Drumtraks