Different text colour

jmg8

Different text colour
« on: January 28, 2022, 05:09:11 AM »
I just noticed something odd on my Pro-3 SE. The text for the state-variable filter is a different colour (not white) than the rest of the text. Can't believe I didn't notice this until now, but now it looks obvious when I look at it. I guess this is just a mistake. I would be interested to know if others have this too. Is it only on the SE?

chysn

Re: Different text colour
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 07:55:43 AM »
I just noticed something odd on my Pro-3 SE. The text for the state-variable filter is a different colour (not white) than the rest of the text. Can't believe I didn't notice this until now, but now it looks obvious when I look at it. I guess this is just a mistake. I would be interested to know if others have this too. Is it only on the SE?

It's ever-so-slightly darker on the standard Pro 3, as well, as are the labels for the controls that are unique to the state-variable filter (the BP button and State knob). It's like they wanted to show that those controls are for that filter, but didn't want to work too hard to show that.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 08:30:52 AM »
Since it’s silkscreened on the SE, they had to run another screen to print the different color. So it’s definitely deliberate in order to differentiate functionality of the SVF. Since the difference is even visible for the colorblind, it’s a smart way of subtly indicating the different circuit if you ask me!

jmg8

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 12:25:09 AM »
Must be deliberate then. I still think it is odd though. OSC3 is different to OSC1 and OSC2 but they didn't do it there. Oh, well, I'll move on, it's not important.

chysn

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 01:00:01 PM »
Must be deliberate then. I still think it is odd though. OSC3 is different to OSC1 and OSC2 but they didn't do it there. Oh, well, I'll move on, it's not important.

It's not just because it's different. It's because it has a couple of controls that don't do anything with the other two filters.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

jmg8

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2022, 12:54:54 PM »
Ah, yes, that makes sense.