Feature Request: Alternate to Saved Patch

Feature Request: Alternate to Saved Patch
« on: January 27, 2022, 11:00:43 AM »
Yes - the knobs + the SOUND make this the most fun thing on the planet to mess with!
For that very reason, if there were a stored 'alternate patch' to 000-499, accessed by pressing a button combination,
would that take up memory that's not available?

Rationale- as soon as I call up a great User sound that I don't want to part with (which has probably already been altered from the 500-999 Factory location copies, and saved in place) after a few knob-turns, there's another GREAT sound! Wish I could save it, but yes, running out of spaces, believe it or not, between my programming and third-party-packages that I've picked up. 

Scenario- so I press and hold Record and press the same patch # button that's already lit. This edit is saved with this patch, and doesn't take up another program location. To access it later, I dunno, maybe hold down its number button for 1 second?

-maybe this wouldn't require as much memory as saving a whole nother patch. (I realize the patch isn't a huge amount of data either, but...)
T8, Tempest, OB6, Prophet X. 8DIO Prophet 5 add-on, Sample Packs from Lady Gaia (synth waveforms) and Modulatable.com (Moog One.)

Re: Feature Request: Alternate to Saved Patch
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 12:00:08 PM »
I love the idea but it might be time to back up the contents of the OB-6, wipe the slate clean and start again with 500 blank preset slots.

Midi-Ox  PC
Snoise  MAC
codeKnobs
Soundtower