P6 Feature Requests

P6 Feature Requests
« on: January 26, 2022, 07:17:59 PM »
I know some people ask for the moon and it's clear their ideas would require new hardware, but I feel pretty confident these could be achievable via a firmware update. Let me know your thoughts, fellow P6 owners. :)
  • Ability to overdub record on top of existing sequence in real time
  • Poly unison modes
    • 3 Voices, 4 oscillators per voice
    • 2 voices, 6 oscillators per voice
  • Alternate voice panning mode where lowest played note is centered and additional notes are spread left or right based on pitch
  • Option to disable quantization of cutoff knob for smoother sweeps
  • Option to either arpeggiate entire chord in chord memory (current behavior) or arpeggiate individual notes of stored chord
  • Different curve options for envelope stages, linear, logarithmic, exponential etc.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 07:30:32 PM by synthwave4ever »

Re: P6 Feature Requests
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 12:13:01 PM »
+1

At least ability to overdub the sequence would be VERY useful

Poly unison - yes, not sure how useful it would be but would love to check it : )

Voice panning - exotic but cool!

Filter quantize - I can live with it after few years, but yes... same with OSCs.

Curves on ENVs - not sure if it's technically possible...

LPF83

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 04:25:31 PM »
Poly unison - yes, not sure how useful it would be but would love to check it : )

On a 6 voice synth it would be very limiting for sure, but still useful for leads or other situations not requiring more than 3 notes at a time where you want insta-multi track sound.  Sounds amazing on the P10.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 04:39:24 PM »
On a 6 voice synth it would be very limiting for sure, but still useful for leads or other situations not requiring more than 3 notes at a time where you want insta-multi track sound.  Sounds amazing on the P10.

Yeah, my thinking was since they were able to port the vintage mode from the Rev4 perhaps unison poly would be possible too.
I know it might seem less useful with just six voices, but three note chords with detuned stacked oscillators still sounds pretty sweet! I certainly wouldn't mind having the option.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 04:43:58 PM »
+1

At least ability to overdub the sequence would be VERY useful

Voice panning - exotic but cool!

Filter quantize - I can live with it after few years, but yes... same with OSCs.

Curves on ENVs - not sure if it's technically possible...

Good point on smooth adjustment of osc pitch, though I'm not usually using that in a performative way and actually find the chromatic stepping pretty useful in that case.
Being able to play three note chords with all those stacked detuned oscillators would be super useful, at least for my purposes. Would lead to some cool sounds that aren't otherwise possible on the P6. Certainly even better on synths with higher voice counts, of course, but if it's easy enough to implement, I'd love it.
Yeah if the envelopes aren't software controlled the slopes idea probably isn't feasible in a firmware update, but I wasn't sure so I thought I'd mention it.

I just think there are so many ways the P6 could be explored and expanded upon, like we haven't unleashed the full power of the hardware yet.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 10:13:58 AM »
Slew on the LFO to take out some of the clicks/pops that occur when modulating the filter.

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2022, 12:04:04 PM »
Slew on the LFO to take out some of the clicks/pops that occur when modulating the filter.

That would be great, especially when modulating Amp. I basically only ever use triangle.