Filter In for external LFO not just pedal

Filter In for external LFO not just pedal
« on: January 21, 2022, 08:21:17 AM »
It would be great to have a choice for a user customizable slew rate for the Filter In at the rear of the Prophet 5/10.

I really would like to use this CV In with one of those gorgeous and syncable LFOs of my Hydrasynth Desktop which has a CV out.

Right now using the Filter In with a LFO via CV makes every filter modulation on the Prophet sound like a sine curve. A square or hard S/H LFO wave for example sounds rounded, smoothed out and boring.
Sequential Support said the slew rate of the CV In at the back of the synth is optimized for pedals.

That of course makes sense but wouldn´t it be great to have a choice?
A customizable slew rate so that one could use an external LFO for the Filter In of the Prophet!

The original Prophet 5 had a CV Filter In. Was it also just optimized for a foot pedal?
It would be such a waste because nowadays a lot of people have external LFOs with CV Out.

Using Midi for this is sometimes not such a good alternative.

And furthermore even when using Midi the curves sound very much rounded as well.
Not like using the CV In of the Filter at the back but similar.

I tried several software (Max for Live) LFOs from Ableton Live mapped to CC73 (Cutoff).
With my Dreadbox Nyx - which also has a Filter CV In - the edgy LFO waves really sounded edgy but with the Prophet 10 it was all just a better sine wave ...

So even using Midi is no fun in this case and I really hope that Sequential could implement a choice for LFO-optimized slew rates for the Filter In of the Prophet.

Re: Filter In for external LFO not just pedal
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 05:35:42 PM »
I really have to second this request! I was a bit bummed out when i finally got mine and found out that those inputs were really ONLY for foot pedals.

I would think far more people would use the Filter and Volume pedal inputs for LFOs and external modulation than footpedals nowadays, but anyway, it would be cool to have a switchable choice like the way the implemented the Hold/Release function for vintage and modern styles of use.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2023, 11:49:00 PM »
Does Sequential have a feature request email for these? I’d also appreciate this.

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2023, 03:59:00 AM »
Does Sequential have a feature request email for these? I’d also appreciate this.
Just email requests to the normal sequential support email address.

chysn

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2023, 04:09:02 AM »
It’ll be interesting to see if the slew is software-driven, or if they just put capacitors at the input. It would be lovely to have a proper VCF CV in.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his