Controlling Layer A and B independently from a DAW

Controlling Layer A and B independently from a DAW
« on: January 07, 2022, 03:16:55 PM »
Okay, I've searched the forum and manual and this is driving me bonkers so I thought I'd ask for help.

Maybe it's not possible but I was under the impression you could control layer A and B separately from a DAW. Inside Ableton Live I've got two different midi channels (Outputting to midi channel 1 and midi channel 2). However, both of them trigger Layer A. I can play Layer B on the REV 2 keyboard and Ableton is telling me it's transmitting via midi channel 2, but when I run the midi back out of Ableton into the REV it only triggers layer A. I can't trigger Layer B from the DAW at all. Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible?

Re: Controlling Layer A and B independently from a DAW
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 03:30:25 PM »
Okay, I've searched the forum and manual and this is driving me bonkers so I thought I'd ask for help.

Maybe it's not possible but I was under the impression you could control layer A and B separately from a DAW. Inside Ableton Live I've got two different midi channels (Outputting to midi channel 1 and midi channel 2). However, both of them trigger Layer A. I can play Layer B on the REV 2 keyboard and Ableton is telling me it's transmitting via midi channel 2, but when I run the midi back out of Ableton into the REV it only triggers layer A. I can't trigger Layer B from the DAW at all. Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible?

I've tried with a midi keyboard too and I'm having the same problem. I cannot control layer B with midi on channel 2, even though the Rev outputs layer B on channel 2. No matter what channel I'm on, an external keyboard only ever controls layer A. Am I missing something extremely simple here? I just don't get it.

Re: Controlling Layer A and B independently from a DAW
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 03:43:51 PM »

I've tried with a midi keyboard too and I'm having the same problem. I cannot control layer B with midi on channel 2, even though the Rev outputs layer B on channel 2. No matter what channel I'm on, an external keyboard only ever controls layer A. Am I missing something extremely simple here? I just don't get it.

Oh sweet lord I fixed it! Switched midi settings from All to 1. It was a dumb question I guess.