Re: Poly AT
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 11:01:53 AM »
Hi Guys,

Does the OB6 support Poly AT?

Cheers

Andy

No... It's channel only (monophonic)

Cheers!
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 11:17:53 AM »
Thanks for the info.

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 01:23:27 PM »
Well, if it's like the P6, it will accept Poly Aftertouch in, but it doesn't send it.
(2) P6 Desktops, Prophet VS Rack, P10 Desktop, OB6 Desktop

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 03:27:10 PM »
Well, if it's like the P6, it will accept Poly Aftertouch in, but it doesn't send it.

This is correct.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Shaw

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 03:34:32 PM »

This is correct.

Wow... That's awesome! But I wish they would rewrite the manual....

Quote from: OB6 manual - page 56
The OB-6 provides monophonic (or “channel”) aftertouch, which means that applying pressure to any key within a chord will apply modulation to all notes currently held.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 03:47:57 PM »
I think you're misreading mmpro1's response. The manual is correct, the P6 and the OB-6 do not send poly aftertouch. But, they do respond to it.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Shaw

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 04:31:12 PM »
I think you're misreading mmpro1's response. The manual is correct, the P6 and the OB-6 do not send poly aftertouch. But, they do respond to it.

I didn't say the manual was wrong., and I don't think I misread a damned thing... no where in the manual does it say, suggest or imply that the OB6 responds to polyphonic aftertouch.   If I am wrong about this, please quote the page for me. 

I'm ecstatic that the OB6 responds to poly aftertouch, but to say that the OB6 manual is correct would also require admitting that it's incomplete.   

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 04:57:21 PM »
Well, you made no implication on what you wanted the rewritten manual to reflect, only quoting a passage defining how the native keyboard sends monophonic aftertouch messages. No disrespect was inferred.

The manual does in fact state the OB-6 responds to polyphonic key pressure, check page 72 under Received Channel Messages. Since this is a received MIDI message and not something natively generated by the built-in keyboard, the MIDI Implementation section of the manual is the correct location for this information. It is not incomplete.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Shaw

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 05:01:21 PM »
Well, you made no implication on what you wanted the rewritten manual to reflect, only quoting a passage defining how the native keyboard sends monophonic aftertouch messages. No disrespect was inferred.

The manual does in fact state the OB-6 responds to polyphonic key pressure, check page 72 under Received Channel Messages. Since this is a received MIDI message and not something natively generated by the built-in keyboard, the MIDI Implementation section of the manual is the correct location for this information. It is not incomplete.

Thanks for pointing that out, but I can't possibly be the only person who thinks that this information ought to be included in the section titled "Aftertouch".