suggestions / recommendation

suggestions / recommendation
« on: January 01, 2022, 03:26:51 PM »
Hi all, new to the board and hoping you all can give me some recommendation and insights. I own a Prophet 6, Roland fp, and a bunch of moogs (one, m32, d, voyager, os). I absolutely love the prophet 6, find it effortless to get a great sounds out of it, my issue with it is that my playing style is to use big chords and find the 6 voices limiting and annoying. If the 10 had the ability to sync LFO via midi I think I would add the 10 to the mix, but I understand that it cannot and so is a deal breaker for me.

I've been looking at the Rev 2 but finding it hard to come up with a solid direction. If the 6 had and upgrade for another 6 voices my problem with be solved :) so I guess that's another option is to add a 6 module and poly chain.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 03:29:15 PM by thedigitalman »

Re: suggestions / recommendation
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 03:32:15 PM »
Hi all, new to the board and hoping you all can give me some recommendation and insights. I own a Prophet 6, Roland fp, and a bunch of moogs (one, m32, d, voyager, os). I absolutely love the prophet 6, find it effortless to get a great sounds out of it, my issue with it is that my playing style is to use big chords and find the 6 voices limiting and annoying. If the 10 had the ability to sync LFO via midi I think I would add the 10 to the mix, but I understand that it cannot and so is a deal breaker for me.

I've been looking at the Rev 2 but finding it hard to come up with a solid direction. If the 6 had and upgrade for another 6 voices my problem with be solved :) so I guess that's another option is to add a 6 module and poly chain.

Thoughts?

Sounds like you've answered your own question... a P6 module will do what you wish and keep you in the Prophet 6 land that you love. I'll still put in a word for the P10... I adore my Prophet 6, but the sound of my Prophet 5 is the sound I live for. I don't have need to sync the LFO, so your issue isn't mine. But the P6 module does sound like what you're looking for...

I'm sure others here will chime in with various suggestions, and I'll be curious to see where you land...

LPF83

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 05:58:00 PM »

Thoughts?

Agree with Ant, sounds like what you want is the polychain setup.  I can highly recommend the Rev2, however.  The filter is not as popular as the P6 and has a DCO sound rather than VCO, but it's extremely versatile and can sound like so many other synths. 

Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 08:54:37 AM »
Thanks for your comments and suggestions. So I didn't listen to myself and bought an OB-6 LOL. I've been looking at it on and off for ages. Doesn't really solve my 'problem' but now I have an OB-6 :)

So.... the OB-6 only has 6 voices.... I can see this going in a circle  8)

Again, thanks guys.

Happy New Years!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 09:44:00 AM by thedigitalman »

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 07:41:00 PM »
So a friend just gave me a Sequential Multi-Trak but it doesn't have a power supply.  Does anyone know which one to use with the synth without damaging it?  Thanks -

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2023, 11:27:16 PM »

Thoughts?

Hey digitalman I see your on the sequential/oberhiem forum . I recently obtained a oberhiem OBX8 . I choose it over the Prophet ten since it was in stereo and 8 voices is enough for me.  Don’t know if you’ve considered it or not although maybe it wouldn’t really solve what you’re trying to do.  It would be expensive but you would have 8 voices instead of the prophet 6. 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 05:59:51 AM by chysn »