Help with the editor

Help with the editor
« on: March 22, 2022, 04:53:03 AM »
Greetings to all. I'm new in the forum. I recently purchased a Rev2 and downloaded the trial version of SoundTower. I want to download some soundbanks and looking at the instructions PDF I don't know how to do it. Please, is there someone who uses it and can tell me how to do it or could you recommend a video tutorial? I can't find anything on the web. Thank you very much.

Re: Help with the editor
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 05:40:26 AM »
Soundtower does not have a manual, crazy as it sounds. I always struggle with it and many others do. Search the forum well and you will find some answers. If you have a specific question (what did you try, what did you get?), ask and likely someone can help you here.

Generally speaking, for trying patch banks and uploading patches to the REV2, I greatly prefer the The KnobKraft Orm software https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4237.0.html

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 06:47:44 AM »
Thank you very much for the recommendation, but for some reason it won't let me download it on Mac

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2022, 07:53:07 AM »
Thank you very much for the recommendation, but for some reason it won't let me download it on Mac

If you want constructive answers, please read the entire thread first, and ask eventual remaining specific questions in the relevant thread.

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2022, 08:52:52 AM »
Play around with the Banks and Librarian buttons in the SoundTower editor and you should be able to figure out how to load a sound bank in. In Windows at least for me, SoundTower wants to load things of its own custom file types, but you're probably dealing with sysex files at this level, so I typically have to choose *.syx from the file explorer dialog box to import those types of files.

You can also email their support to ask, I've had positive interactions with their support team.

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2022, 03:00:32 PM »

If you want constructive answers, please read the entire thread first, and ask eventual remaining specific questions in the relevant thread.

thanks for such a constructive message

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2022, 03:03:11 PM »
Play around with the Banks and Librarian buttons in the SoundTower editor and you should be able to figure out how to load a sound bank in. In Windows at least for me, SoundTower wants to load things of its own custom file types, but you're probably dealing with sysex files at this level, so I typically have to choose *.syx from the file explorer dialog box to import those types of files.

You can also email their support to ask, I've had positive interactions with their support team.

I'm going to try, as you say, to see if by trial and error I can discover something. It seems strange to me not to find a tutorial for handling the Editor with all the people who will have it. Anyway. The day I find out how it works, I'll make one myself... Thanks for the help Jimmy, this is really constructive.

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2022, 05:01:44 PM »
No problem, a lot of people share your frustration of no guide or manual.

And I'm sure you're aware already but you don't need the editor in order to simply load a sound bank (see https://www.sequential.com/prophet-rev2-factory-sounds/).

The editor is great for organizing banks and programs after the fact; at least that's my major use of it.
This video should help (it's for the Prophet 12 but the core message is the same):

LPF83

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2022, 05:43:18 PM »
If I'm understanding correctly, you downloaded a patch bank to your computer and just want to load it into the Soundtower editor?

On the menu go to File > Load Sysex File and browse to the file ending in .syx

Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2022, 07:30:16 AM »
Thank you very much Jimmy, you have helped me a lot. Regards.

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2022, 07:32:08 AM »
If I'm understanding correctly, you downloaded a patch bank to your computer and just want to load it into the Soundtower editor?

On the menu go to File > Load Sysex File and browse to the file ending in .syx

Great!! thanks for the recommendation!!! I keep it in mind and will try it. All the best.