please help tempest outputs down after updating new os

please help tempest outputs down after updating new os
« on: July 03, 2016, 12:57:29 PM »
hi there i hope somebody can help me because i spent everything i own to buy this tempest which i love to bits and i installed the very latest os from from here a couple of days ago and everything worked fine and i played on it for 15 minutes checking out the new roll swing. when i went to adjust the main volume it the knob didnt work it was stuck at a set volume. anyway i decided to calibrate everything after the os update. i unplugged the cables and set it off calibrating. it kept getting stuck on voice chip 2 high pass filter. i decided maybe im not giving it enough time so set it off calibrating again and this time left it for about 8 hours and it was still stuck on voice chip 2 high pass filter. turned it off and left it for a while then when i turned it on again now the main outputs dont work! the full output section (dist,comp,vol) no sound out of the main outs! the individual outs work fine but nothing out of the main or headphones or voice 2!! please if anybody can help me im absolutely gutted. ???

Re: please help tempest outputs down after updating new os
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 12:59:59 PM »
I suggest you should contact DSI support.

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 02:18:21 PM »
Make sure you downloaded an installed both Main An Voice Os

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 02:58:01 PM »
thankyou for the replies im tearing my hair out here. yeah i installed both and the main outs were working after i installed them but the main volume knob had stopped working. its after the calibration that the entire main output section stopped working. has anybody had a similar problem ? what could this be and how can i remedy this please ? i really cant afford to lose the tempest its become the heart of my studio i really love it

Steven Morris

• Steven Morris Music & Sound
    • Steven Morris Music & Sound
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 03:58:15 PM »
I agree with Yorgos-- DSI support is probably your best bet with something like this.

FWIW, I've had very good experiences with them and by all accounts they are great when it comes to resolving situations like these.

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 03:36:44 AM »
maybe i should try dsi support then :) do dsi still offer support if you bought the instrument second hand though ? if i would have bought it brand new for a few hundred more i could have probably just got it returned to the store :(

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 04:24:46 AM »
Ye don't worry about that they'll help you out ;)
maybe i should try dsi support then :) do dsi still offer support if you bought the instrument second hand though ? if i would have bought it brand new for a few hundred more i could have probably just got it returned to the store :(