FX section CC map bug?

FX section CC map bug?
« on: December 26, 2021, 09:51:08 AM »
The FX section has a strange behavior when using CC mapping from my DAW (Bitwig) which I suspect is a bug, although not sure on who's side.

Problem
CC# 18 (FX Depth/Mix) incorrectly mapped to CC# 19, and CC#19 (FX Time) missing / unmapped.

I am able to successfully pass CC data from my DAW to most of the parameters in the Take 5, so it's not a connectivity issue. I haven't tested all parameters but all of the important ones work as expected.

The only exception I've found so far are the two channels specified above, which suggests this behavior is not caused by user error.

Expected Behavior
CC# 18 when assigned should modify FX Depth/Mix but does nothing.
CC#19 when assigned should modify FX Time, but instead seems to be mapped internally to FX Depth/Mix.

Steps to Reproduce
In Bitwig, use the Midi CC device and assign a knob to each one of the parameters above. CC#18 does nothing, CC#19 modifies FX Depth/Mix.

I made a short video to illustrate:

I can replicate the behavior of CC#19 manually when moving the Depth/Mix knob in the Take 5.

I believe there's enough evidence to suggest it's not user error but a bug (but it's entirely possible it's user error, please feel free to chime in if so). What I don't have is enough data to know where the bug lives, whether its on the Take 5 side or the Bitwig side. Since all other parameters are working as expected I'm inclined to think its on the hardware side. I don't have another DAW available so cannot test behavior in other environments.

Re: FX section CC map bug?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 11:20:49 AM »
The FX section has a strange behavior when using CC mapping from my DAW (Bitwig) which I suspect is a bug, although not sure on who's side.

Problem
CC# 18 (FX Depth/Mix) incorrectly mapped to CC# 19, and CC#19 (FX Time) missing / unmapped.

I am able to successfully pass CC data from my DAW to most of the parameters in the Take 5, so it's not a connectivity issue. I haven't tested all parameters but all of the important ones work as expected.

The only exception I've found so far are the two channels specified above, which suggests this behavior is not caused by user error.

Expected Behavior
CC# 18 when assigned should modify FX Depth/Mix but does nothing.
CC#19 when assigned should modify FX Time, but instead seems to be mapped internally to FX Depth/Mix.

Steps to Reproduce
In Bitwig, use the Midi CC device and assign a knob to each one of the parameters above. CC#18 does nothing, CC#19 modifies FX Depth/Mix.

I made a short video to illustrate:

I can replicate the behavior of CC#19 manually when moving the Depth/Mix knob in the Take 5.

I believe there's enough evidence to suggest it's not user error but a bug (but it's entirely possible it's user error, please feel free to chime in if so). What I don't have is enough data to know where the bug lives, whether its on the Take 5 side or the Bitwig side. Since all other parameters are working as expected I'm inclined to think its on the hardware side. I don't have another DAW available so cannot test behavior in other environments.

Send your findings to support@sequential.com to get them to verify/fix.

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 12:35:36 PM »
Done, thanks for the pointer.

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 10:48:44 AM »
Ok that went nowhere. Let me reverse the question: does anyone here use Bitwig? Would be useful to have a confirmation of this issue.