OB-6 Desktop light intensity

OB-6 Desktop light intensity
« on: December 24, 2021, 07:28:44 PM »
New owner of the OB-6 Desktop and I must say I'm in love with it.

I use it in a low light environment and I wondering if there's a option were we can dim the red LED? There's abit bright and I didn't find any option in the manual.

Cheers

kpatz

Re: OB-6 Desktop light intensity
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2021, 04:51:38 AM »
There's no way on the synth itself.  You could wear sunglasses :) or get some semi transparent film tape to put over the LEDs.

At least they're red and not blue!

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 03:37:47 PM »
There's no way on the synth itself.  You could wear sunglasses :) or get some semi transparent film tape to put over the LEDs.

At least they're red and not blue!

lol. Ok, thanks.

LPF83

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 09:34:36 AM »
Often the impact to the eyes of lights on the device has a direct relationship to the ambient room lighting.  With that in mind, you might try getting some remote-controlled LED bulbs for the room, which give you a lot of flexibility over color and luminance... they aren't very expensive.  Then try experimenting with color and dimness level to find what works best for your eyes.  It can have quite the diffusing effect on specific device lights and your overall music making.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC