Understanding NRPN with the p-6

Understanding NRPN with the p-6
« on: December 22, 2021, 05:12:46 PM »
So i'm wanting to gig with my P6 and need a way to change patches; as I won't be using a laptop I'm looking at a pedal to send MIDI messages (it sends CC and i'd have to use MSB and LSB to convert etc). Just found out today what NRPNs are and while I think i could begin to understand, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

I found a max4live device to try sending values to the P6 but in the manual for the P6 under program changes, there's a column for "status" a column for "second" and one for "third."

So do I have to send it three separate NRPN messages (so then 12 CC messages) and even then, I don't know what "second" and "third" even mean. Do those pertain to the third set of 4 CC messages to send to the p6?

Also, when a program change is a value 1011 nnnn and it says to "ignore nnnn if MIDI is set to ALL" then what does that mean on my end when im trying to figure out how to craft these numbers? Its seriously so confusing and I've found no actual specific help with this issue.

Sorry for an overload of questions too, but say first i'm looking to change my bank. I want to be in user bank 4. Do i send 4 CC equivalents to 1011nnnn and then 4 CCs for 32 and then 4 CCs for 0vvvvvv? Would MIDI channel 8 be 0008 or 8000, and for 32 what about all the 0s?? and the third (??) do i could that 0 before the 7 values? LSB and MSB i hear only pertains to 7 values and that 0 makes it 8. God this is so confusing..

At the end of the day, all i'm trying to do is figure out what my NRPN's are supposed to be and how that calculates to LSB and MSB for 1. Changing banks and 2. changing programs. Please help :(( i was hoping this synth would be intuitive but im having a mental breakdown over here  :-[ :-[ :-[