not enough space to load 8Dio Piano library

not enough space to load 8Dio Piano library
« on: December 20, 2021, 03:12:03 PM »
I already have a few libraries installed including the ARP, Oberheim, Jup4, P5 and Prodigy in addition to some user samples for Deckard's Dream and the Oscillator sample pack.

Apparently I'm out of space and I'd hate to loose what I have in there. Is deleting complete banks of samples the only option? :(

Re: not enough space to load 8Dio Piano library
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 05:14:56 AM »
I already have a few libraries installed including the ARP, Oberheim, Jup4, P5 and Prodigy in addition to some user samples for Deckard's Dream and the Oscillator sample pack.

Apparently I'm out of space and I'd hate to loose what I have in there. Is deleting complete banks of samples the only option? :(

It is frustrating, isn't it.

I could happily delete 75% of the ROM samples. The Prophet X isn't a ROMpler. It's a sophisticated hybrid synthesiser.

Surely Sequential could make the ROM space accessible? Maybe when the the 8DIO collaboration run its course?

Stephen

Re: not enough space to load 8Dio Piano library
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 12:21:46 PM »
While it's certainly technically true that it's just a 200GB SSD that could be used for any samples, opening up the ability to delete factory samples immediately creates some non-trivial problems.  Most notably, if someone deletes samples they didn't intend to, or if they later find out they had presets that depend on these samples, or want to resell the instrument - then there would need to be a way to restore factory samples.  I can imagine all kinds of restrictions on distributing 8dio's content that would prohibit this.  Since 8dio doubtless owns the copyright to this content there isn't going to be an expiration date on that restriction (at least not in our lifetimes.)

Another approach would be replace the current SSD with a much larger one to open up much more user storage, but I'm sure that comes with its share of issues as well.