Is it possible to polychain a P6 with the OB6?

Is it possible to polychain a P6 with the OB6?
« on: December 16, 2021, 06:09:19 AM »
I'm a P6 owner but recently saw a youtube video with someone who polychained two P6 desktops... some of the twelve voice sounds were bonkers and now I'm intrigued and thinking about it. But I also wanted to explore if I could get a "12 voice hybrid" between P6 and OB6? Would this work in theory?

LPF83

Re: Is it possible to polychain a P6 with the OB6?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 04:12:11 PM »
I'm a P6 owner but recently saw a youtube video with someone who polychained two P6 desktops... some of the twelve voice sounds were bonkers and now I'm intrigued and thinking about it. But I also wanted to explore if I could get a "12 voice hybrid" between P6 and OB6? Would this work in theory?

My guess would be that, even if it is possible, results wouldn't be particularly appealing with two different synths with round-robin voice allocation (end result might sound a bit like a defective instrument), and that one would obably get more musical results results layering them.  Unless, that is, very similar sounds were created on both synths (and that seems a bit limiting). 
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Re: Is it possible to polychain a P6 with the OB6?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 09:10:54 AM »

I have tried this.

It is possible to have them polyup in "PLY" Mode - they work better to layer them in "BTH" Mode.
Prophet X. Prophet 12 Module. Prophet 6 Module. Ob-6 Module. Trigon-6 Module. Eventide H9000R (x2). Tegeler Audio Schwerkraftmaschine / Raumzeitmaschine / Creme RC (x3). Bettermaker Mastering Limiter, Mastering EQ, Mastering Compressor. Avid S3.
Mac Studio. Logic.