Latest Prophet '08 Updates

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Latest Prophet '08 Updates
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2015, 11:42:36 AM »
Most, if not all the members of this forum, came from that other forum.  It did have some problems, though, including the appearance of being official, while not official, not belonging to DSI.  This new forum is officially run by the company and was started somewhat in response  to the other.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2015, 02:04:51 AM »
I'm still wondering, if DSI has any intention of mingling with the users in this forum... I see no comments from any of them, and there are no signs, that they'll be putting their beta updates in here at all, which worries me a bit... if it's the official forum, I would have thought that they would at least give links to all the beta versions currently available on the "old" forum... but there is nothing here...

I'd like for DSI to comment on this, and tell us what they will be doing with beta OS'es in the future... will there be any at all, or have they decided to only release official updates? ... many unanswered questions to be honest...
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2015, 10:37:06 AM »
I'm still wondering, if DSI has any intention of mingling with the users in this forum... I see no comments from any of them, and there are no signs, that they'll be putting their beta updates in here at all, which worries me a bit... if it's the official forum, I would have thought that they would at least give links to all the beta versions currently available on the "old" forum... but there is nothing here...

I'd like for DSI to comment on this, and tell us what they will be doing with beta OS'es in the future... will there be any at all, or have they decided to only release official updates? ... many unanswered questions to be honest...

I guess the last weeks have been pretty busy with the Prophet-6 desktop and all. I would assume we'll hear from them, once significant changes to the Prophet 12 and Pro 2 firmwares have been made. Plus: they're probably developing what's going to be presented at the Winter NAMM.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:42:11 AM by Paul Dither »

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2015, 03:59:40 PM »
So while we wait for the beta OS to be uploaded, how did everyone else manage to get theirs?
The Pro 08 seems to be forgotten by DSI these days so I don't expect anyone being in a hurry to even get it posted here.

I don't know the plans for this forum and I don't want to upload something that is not appreciated but there is another "unofficial" forum. The first post in this thread has attachments.
http://dsiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5030

Thank you very much.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2015, 11:31:45 PM »
So while we wait for the beta OS to be uploaded, how did everyone else manage to get theirs?
The Pro 08 seems to be forgotten by DSI these days so I don't expect anyone being in a hurry to even get it posted here.

I don't know the plans for this forum and I don't want to upload something that is not appreciated but there is another "unofficial" forum. The first post in this thread has attachments.
http://dsiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5030

Any chance you could copy and paste here that post.  Some of us are no longer members of that forum.   ;D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 11:34:12 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2015, 11:33:08 PM »
Has anybody tried the latest unofficial Prophet '08 update (BETA OS 2.6.1)?  Does it have any problems?

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2015, 12:01:48 AM »
Has anybody tried the latest unofficial Prophet '08 update (BETA OS 2.6.1)?  Does it have any problems?
I've had it basically all the time since I bought my Propet '08 PE in may 2015. I've had no problems at all.
Prophet '08 owner since 2015

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2015, 12:05:29 AM »
That's good news.  Thanks.

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2015, 12:06:57 AM »
Any chance you could copy and paste here that post.  Some of us are no longer members of that forum.   ;D

Yes, but this was originally written by PYM (who also showed up in this forum a few days ago so I feel like the wrong user to post this here. Please feel free to moderate and check with PYM if he can post some "sticky" thread with this info instead.

Instructions (copied from the other forum):
ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR IMPORTANT WORK VIA SYSEX DUMP BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY OS UPDATES!!
Not that we're expecting bad things to happen, but it's better to be safe than sorry. These OS updates are labelled 'Beta' for a reason; there could be something small that was overlooked that didn't get caught in our testing. Just remember, you're never going to say to yourself "Man, I wish I hadn't backed that up..."

We do not recommend using the following MIDI interfaces for sysex transfers as we have had multiple users experience problems with them:
Native Instruments Maschine
Digidesign Mbox/Mbox2
Digidesign 001/002
CME U2MIDI

If you're on a Mac we recommend using SysEx Librarian to handle the update
To configure SysEx Librarian:
In 'Sysex Librarian->Preferences':
In tab ‘General’ set ‘Pause between played messages’ to 1 second
In tab ‘Transmit Speed’ set speed to 80%
If you have trouble installing, first try setting transmit speed to alternate settings. We have had reports of speeds from 25% to 100% working for some users where 80% failed

If you're on a PC we have had the best luck with SendSX and MIDI-OX. Both are free downloads and work across the Windows line of OS versions.

To configure SendSX:
Install the beta 1.30 version, not the 1.22, to give you more options for speed settings
Make sure 'Split long sys ex messages' is off in the Options menu
In 'Options->Settings' change the speed to ~80% (1.29KB/s works well for us here)
If you have trouble installing, first try setting transmit speed to alternate settings. We have had reports of speeds from 25% to 100% working for some users where 80% failed

To configure MIDI-OX:
Install version 7; version 7.0.0.365 works great here
In View->Sysex then Sysex->’Configure…’
Set the Low Level Output Buffers to Size: 1024 and Num: 1024
Set ‘Delay Between Buffers’ to 375 milliseconds
Check ‘Delay After F7’ and set delay to 1000 Milliseconds
If the OS load countdown freezes before completing you'll need to change the buffer settings and try again
Try doubling or quadrupling the Size setting to start, and halving/doubling the number of buffers
If you experience problems loading the OS and have tried the alternate speed/buffer settings, try the other program. In some instances Send SX works where MIDI OX did not, and vice versa
To check if the OS update was properly installed, power cycle the Prophet 08. Hold down 'Global' and press 'LFO 1' to display both the Main and Voice OS version numbers.

If your OS update failed:
Update your MIDI drivers for your MIDI interface to the latest or last known stable version
Try alternate speed settings: transfer speed settings as low as 25% and as high as 100% have worked for some users when 80% did not
Try an alternate MIDI interface. The M-Audio MIDI Sport Uno works well here and is relatively cheap
In Windows with MIDI OX on Windows XP: Try doubling or quadrupling the Size setting to start, and halving/doubling the number of buffers
Search google and/or forums for the company that produces your MIDI interface to see if other users are having similar problems with Sysex transfers and whether there is a solution specific to your interface
If you are on Windows XP, try another OS or machine. Although it's not ideal, we have had less problems with Mac OSX and Windows 7. Windows XP has known issues with sysex transfers

Changelog
Main OS 2.6.1
Fixed bug: Global bounds wrong preventing selection of dump program menu item

Main OS 2.6
Added arp relatch mode
LFO external sync improved and tweaked
Fixed bug: Env 3 Amount, Filter Env Amount, and Mod Amount do not get reset to 0 value when +Yes/-No are pressed simultaneously- they get set to -28
Fixed bug: MIDIParamLCD on/off doesn't work, automated parameters are still displayed when MIDIParamLCD is off
Fixed bug: Unison Last note priority behaves like low note priority
Fixed bug: Hung notes in certain Unison modes when multiple keys held
Fixed bug: LFO Key Sync LED not lighting correctly based on current LFO param
Fixed bug: Unison detune not reacting independently on each layer
Fixed bug: Param 1&2 currently send MIDI when performing a layer copy function
Fixed bug: When changing Osc Frequency, not able to reach C10 with pots when in relative mode

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 12:08:30 AM by lnetzel »

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2015, 11:17:01 AM »
Well I finally took a stab at doing an update of the Main OS and Voice OS.  After spending many hours failing I tried a different interface (Roland UM-one) and it worked just fine using the settings described on this thread.  :)
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2015, 04:16:11 PM »
I remember this update, but never did it. I think I'm going to try it soon. I have an UM-One Mk II and I've read some positive reports on the other forum.

Arp relatch and a few other bug fixes are simply great!
Moog Minimoog Voyager, Little Phatty and Sub Phatty| MI Ambika | Elektron Analog Four and Analog Rytm

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2015, 08:18:02 PM »
New to the forum after picking up my first two pieces of DSI gear (Prophet 08 rack PE and MEK). Hi, everyone.

Just downloaded and successfully installed the P08 beta OS (Rack Main 2.6.1 / Voice 1.6), and can't seem to access the re-latching arpeggiator function. I know how to activate the arp and how to set it to latch mode (holding arp button until blinking), but it still adds new notes when I depress new keys rather than replacing them. I'm probably overlooking something very obvious, but can anybody help me out?
Thanks!

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2015, 04:46:44 AM »
New to the forum after picking up my first two pieces of DSI gear (Prophet 08 rack PE and MEK). Hi, everyone.

Just downloaded and successfully installed the P08 beta OS (Rack Main 2.6.1 / Voice 1.6), and can't seem to access the re-latching arpeggiator function. I know how to activate the arp and how to set it to latch mode (holding arp button until blinking), but it still adds new notes when I depress new keys rather than replacing them. I'm probably overlooking something very obvious, but can anybody help me out?
Thanks!

You have to change the arpeggiomode to relatch in the global settings, it jdoesn't just affect the arp after installation.

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2015, 04:00:23 PM »

Thanks!

You have to change the arpeggiomode to relatch in the global settings, it jdoesn't just affect the arp after installation.

Ah, there was the very obvious thing I overlooked. Thank you!

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2016, 04:59:19 PM »
The beta update 2.6.1.  was relased  around october 2015.....Now,  May 2016.....and the beta is not release on this site... Do you know why ? 

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2016, 05:40:11 PM »
The updates are downloaded from the DSI website.  The latest one given there is "Main v2.3/Voice v1.5."  Here's the link:

https://www.davesmithinstruments.com/updating-prophet-08-os/
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 05:42:49 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2016, 12:25:34 PM »
But still... the latest OS is 2.6.1 / 1.6 ... if they do not count on making any more updates to the P08, I think they should get that beta tested thru, and posted on their web site as well. I also wonder, if their bug-list for P08 is done with nothing left... I do not recall having found any left over bugs...
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2016, 01:08:11 PM »
I agree.  I guess the Prophet '08 is not a top priority.