Tempest Filter as Sine Synth

AJCT

Tempest Filter as Sine Synth
« on: December 10, 2021, 08:52:55 AM »
Hello All

I’m not sure if I am being daft, but is there a way to make the filter track a keyboard ( to use the filter as a synth)?

AJCT

Re: Tempest Filter as Sine Synth
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 12:17:19 PM »
I meant “use the filter as an oscillator”….

KoSv

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 02:41:33 PM »
I meant “use the filter as an oscillator”….

mod matrix?
Classical piano drilled.
Jazz disillusioned.
Technoid.

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 12:58:53 AM »
Keyboard tracking is on the second page of the filter section.  Otherwise in the Mod Matrix you're looking for Note Number as a source.  That said, I just tried this on my Tempest, and the filter didn't track chromatically very well at all.  Performed a calibration, and it still wasn't tracking well, so... I don't know.  I haven't used the Tempest in a while, but I thought the filter tracked better than what I'm hearing here.  Maybe it never did.  I can't recall.

Cheers!

Stoss

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2021, 08:44:41 AM »
I found the tracking to be sketchy. It’s supposed to work, but as it moves between the different voices it definitely has issues. Your best bet is to use the couple of sine waves offered up in the digital osc section. They sound good and are very reliable. I’ve used these for creating self resonating drum sounds (to simulate my Multicassa) and was very pleased.

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 01:16:36 AM »
I'm relieved to hear that it's not just my Tempest on which the filter is not tracking well.  Thanks for confirming that, Stoss.  And here I was just about to watch your latest Medusa video on YouTube.  I hope this finds you well.  Cheers!

Stoss

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 10:27:58 PM »
I don’t know why, but now I’m intrigued by this issue. For some reason I want to voluntarily jump in and dissect what’s going on. I assume it has everything to do with kickin it old skool here with JtS. Happy new year!  8)

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2022, 07:36:59 AM »
Ah, the good ol' days.   ;)

Happy new year to you too, Stoss!

Cheers!

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2022, 11:48:30 AM »
Happy new year too guys!
Oh..how i miss the old days 8)

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2022, 09:01:26 PM »
Happy new year to you too, Yorgos!

Cheers!

"It's been a long December, and there's reason to believe, that maybe this year will be better than the last." - Adam Duritz