Sporadic Choked Notes

dbm

Sporadic Choked Notes
« on: December 09, 2021, 09:53:46 PM »
I ran into this problem about a month ago, and finally got the time to dig into it. Playing up the scale will sound just fine until I hit a note that sounds choked. Then play a bit more and perhaps the same note sounds choked multiple times in a row.

I dug out MidiMonitor to watch what was coming from the ProX. Sure enough I'm seeing sporadic evens where the note-off is transmitted almost immediately after the note-on, and I haven't yet released the key. This is coming directly from the ProX itself.

I have Local Control = Keys/Wheel Off in the Globals settings.

Anyone else running into this?

Re: Sporadic Choked Notes
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 06:15:35 AM »
I had something similar happen a few years ago on my Alesis QS6.1. There were multiple midi notes coming out of it at slightly different pitches where I only pressed a key once. It turned out to be the pitch wheel pot. I replaced the pot (after an adventure in getting the case apart) and all was well. Perhaps something similar is the case here. There could be intermittent keystrokes happening due to a dirty contact. I would consider using a contact cleaner like DeOxit to clean the offending key’s contact.
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.