Output B functionalities

Output B functionalities
« on: December 09, 2021, 04:14:57 AM »
Hello friends,

I have a doubt concerning Output B of the Prophet 08. By reading the manual I understand that when connecting cables to output B, layers 5-8 of the Prophet will automatically go through that output ONLY when a split or a stack program is selected. In real practice though, voices in my Prophet 08 split through the separate outputs in all scenarios, and wether multimode is On or Off. Is this normal or am I missing something?

What I would ideally get is a situation where I can decide onstage when outputs are separated (ie. a split program with a clean bass on the left and a processed pad on the right) or everything goes out of main output (parts in the set when I want the 8 voices going through the same effects process through a single stereo channel).

Is this possible in the Prophet 08?

Thanks a lot

Re: Output B functionalities
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 07:10:43 AM »
Moin,

What You want to achieve may be possible if programmed accordingly. Maybe You will need some programs with the same sound, but different routing to A/B outputs.
In general You will achieve Your goal with external equipment (mixer, different signal paths) only, but will have to switch more than Your P08 for another sound/patch.
Keep in mind, that P08's manual is not really true about outputs A/B: Output A always carries voices 1 to 4, output B always carries voices 5 to 8
This will lead to
  • the division as described in the manual (voice A in output A, voice B in output B) in stacked or split modes only!
  • voices 1 to 4 (in otput A) and 5 to 8 (in output B) being in different outputs even in normal mode!
This may (in my case does) have an impact, if You use different signal chains for outputs A and B at least in live situations, where You usually are requested to change sounds/effects quickly.
On the other hand it may result in at least some "interesting" sounds when in normal mode ...

HTH

Martin
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 07:15:10 AM by MartinM »

Re: Output B functionalities
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 08:13:56 AM »
thanks a lot!