Prophet Rev 2 noise

Prophet Rev 2 noise
« on: December 05, 2021, 04:03:26 PM »
Hey all ! just got a new (to me) rev 2 and am loving it only i can hear high pitch 'metallic' artifacts on note off when playing. I've managed to troubleshoot it to the lower notes and dialled in to certain shorter release time and cut off so its a specific but relatively broad area of the synth that i hear it . it should also be noted that the posted audio is line in and coming from the synth engine itself not the keyboard as i hooked up a midi keyboard and got the same results. I contacted the previous owner and the synth is under a year old 

edit: i have also tried calibrating several times and changing power sources  to no avail firmware is 1.1.5.9
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 04:31:25 PM by Cabeman94 »

Re: Prophet Rev 2 noise
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 07:51:28 PM »

maxter

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 01:29:12 PM »
Interesting! Thanks for following up on the thread once you found the answer, to help others.

Some have had somewhat similar issues with the 'OSC reset' setting, which has caused confusion in some cases. But as the soundsample you uploaded clearly wasn't that, I had no idea...

Good to know of this behavior, if one should stumble on it. Thanks again for reporting back!
The Way the Truth and the Life

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 07:59:21 PM »
Interesting! Thanks for following up on the thread once you found the answer, to help others.

Some have had somewhat similar issues with the 'OSC reset' setting, which has caused confusion in some cases. But as the soundsample you uploaded clearly wasn't that, I had no idea...

Good to know of this behavior, if one should stumble on it. Thanks again for reporting back!

no worries! though im still not completely convinced . I may reach out to sequential and see what they have to say