VCM ++ Volume 2 Soundset for Prophet Rev 2

VCM ++ Volume 2 Soundset for Prophet Rev 2
« on: December 03, 2021, 08:31:15 PM »
VCM ++ Volume 2 Sound Set is available now.  I've spent the past few months working on this bank of sounds.  It takes advantage of the latest firmware update for Prophet Rev2, with lots of new Vintage Voice Modeling (VCM) Sounds, Binaural Stereo Stacks, Advanced Motion Patches, and Bi-timbral Layered Textures.  Plus lots of Famous Song Sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIXqAbWUskY

128 New Patches
A Full Bank for U1, U2, U3 or U4

Available here:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/p/vcm-volume-2-soundset-prophet-rev2/

PATCH BREAKDOWN

Over half of the Soundset is focused on Voice Component Modeling Patches (VCM) for extra organic/vintage/warm sounds.   There are many famous song patches included as well, from hits from 1970s though modern day.   There are patches inspired by Thom Yorke, Radiohead, Muse, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Rush, Tears for Fears, The Cars, Prince, Michael Jackson, Vangelis, Aha, Journey, Genesis, Phil Collins, Daft Punk, Europe, Kraftwerk, Madonna, Boards of Canada, M83, and several other Soundtracks or Cinematic Sounds. 

There are also over 30 complex motion arp patches that combine the Arpeggiator with Mod Sequencer Key Stepping to Osc Frequency, Cutoff and other Parameters.   Many of the patches combine this ARP+ModSeq Setup on both layers stacked with counterpoint patterns, offering some really unique harmonic and melodic motion that can be played up and down the keybed in any key -- providing semi-generative/procedural sequences as you play. 

22 KEY Patches - Vintage Electric Pianos, Modern Electric Pianos, Plucks, Stabs

25 STR Patches - Vintage String Patches, Ensembles, String Machines, Modern Strings

7 BRS Patches - Vintage Synth Brass, Cinematic Brass and Famous Brass Patches

10 SYN Patches - Synth Staples and Famous 80s Synth Patches

9 LED Patches - Unison Leads, Vintage Leads, Famous Song Leads

7 BAS Patches - Modern and Vintage Bass Sounds, Famous Bass Patches

9 PAD Patches - Vintage and Modern Pad Sounds, Famous Song and Cinematic Pads

16 ARP PAD Patches - Bi-timbral Stacks with ARP+ModSeq combined with a Pad

16 ARP Stacks - Dual Arps + Mod Sequences on Each Layer for Rich Animation that is Dynamic

+ Some VCM Templates, Splits and Other Patches
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 08:47:50 PM by creativespiral »

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

jg666

Re: VCM ++ Volume 2 Soundset for Prophet Rev 2
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 01:01:10 AM »
Just had a quick listen to these, some wonderful sounds, probably the best I've heard on the Rev2 :)

I think I will treat myself to these as a Christmas present !!
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 04:28:48 AM »
unbelievable! thanks a lot for your work. i love volume 1 so i blind purchase volume 2 👍

Jason

• Bandmix
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 06:44:01 PM »
Blind purchase for me too. Looking forward to checking them out!

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2021, 07:24:30 PM »
Thanks @Jason, @General_MIDI, @jg666 !!

Appreciate your patronage!  Hope you get lots of enjoyment out of the sounds.  I've had a great time making them.

Sound Sets:
Free Patches:

Kusho

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 05:41:36 PM »
@creativespiral
Loving the patches, they sound fantastic.
If I want to start my own patch I start with your default VCM template.

When I send clock to the Rev2 some of the patches trigger poly sequencer notes, which is an issue if I want to add beat-synced Delay, for example. I'm not sure if this is intentional?
I think some of the patches have the Poly Seq set up as gates to add more natural variation to the sound?

For example, KEY EP WurliEcho. Do I need to turn off sending clock for this patch or is there something else I should be doing?
Thanks

Kusho

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 06:00:01 PM »
Nevermind I found it on Reddit with google: Change MIDI clock sync to "In No S/S"
No start/stop with midi clock.

I am having some really weird behaviour with the Codeknobs editor though

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2022, 06:07:24 PM »
@creativespiral
Loving the patches, they sound fantastic.
If I want to start my own patch I start with your default VCM template.

When I send clock to the Rev2 some of the patches trigger poly sequencer notes, which is an issue if I want to add beat-synced Delay, for example. I'm not sure if this is intentional?
I think some of the patches have the Poly Seq set up as gates to add more natural variation to the sound?

For example, KEY EP WurliEcho. Do I need to turn off sending clock for this patch or is there something else I should be doing?
Thanks

Glad you're enjoying them!

If I'm interpreting correctly, I think you probably just want to go into Globals, 4. MIDI Clock Mode, and set that to either Off, or MIDI In No S/S 

If you set it to Off, that gives the Rev2 the most control over its internal sequencing, running off its own internal clock.    If you want to set it to MIDI In, No S/S, that will allow the Rev2 to receive external clock timing messages, but it will ignore Sequence Start/Stop commands.   The one thing that is sometimes confusing about the In modes is that the gated sequencer will not run unless a clock signal is currently being transmitted... so I often just keep MIDI In set to off, and dial BPM to match.... or if you do set it to MIDI In, No S/S, just be aware that patches might not sound as intended if there's not a live clock signal being received.   

Those are the two modes I use primarily.

Note: This is one request that has been made for potential Firmware upgrades on various Seq instruments... to have some sort of intelligent clock switching:  ie: If there is an external clock signal, follow it and set the internal clock BPM to match.   If the external clock signal stops transmitting, then keep the internal clock running at the last detected BPM.   

EDIT:  Oh, looks like you found solution while I was typing this up :) 

Sound Sets:
Free Patches:

Kusho

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2022, 05:43:45 PM »
if you do set it to MIDI In, No S/S, just be aware that patches might not sound as intended if there's not a live clock signal being received
That's good to know thanks. I'm sure that will save me some future confusion!

Note: This is one request that has been made for potential Firmware upgrades on various Seq instruments... to have some sort of intelligent clock switching:  ie: If there is an external clock signal, follow it and set the internal clock BPM to match.   If the external clock signal stops transmitting, then keep the internal clock running at the last detected BPM.

That could be good.
The problem with the Korg Prologue, for example, is it only has "Internal" and "Auto" clock control, "Auto" being what you describe above -switching to external clock when it's detected.
The problem with the Prologue there's no setting to lock sync to external clock exclusively.
This has caused people numerous headaches, regarding starting a sequence and the 1-2 bars it takes for the ARP to play catch-up, and also the Prologue is really bad at following external clock, it's very particular about the quality of the clock it receives, partly due to this Auto setting I believe.

So the important thing for me is Sequential always includes all the current sync options which I assume they will, the design on the Rev2 is just next level compared to the Prologue, really feels like a massive upgrade in quality.