Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports

Re: Tempest Main 1.4.2.5b and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #140 on: September 06, 2016, 04:12:05 AM »
Hello fellow pesters,

More of an observation than a bug, deleting sounds in quick succession causes screen artifacts. Files still get deleted so no mither to me.

No issues so far but would like the ability to drop in and out of a playing playlist. That aside I'm happy with this beta.
Hi HT,
I'm afraid that can't be helped. Alphabetizing files within a folder needs to be done whenever you delete a file or change folders, and it takes a brief moment to do so, causing the delay in screen refresh that you're experiencing. However, it's generally not an impediment to normal workflow.

Regarding dropping in and out of a playlist, I assume you mean the ability to turn Playlist off and on without stopping play, for example turning Playlist off in order to vamp on the current step's beat for a while, then turning Playlist back on in order to resume the playlist from the same point. Is this correct?

+1 for that Roger, the ability to do precisely what you interpreted from HT's post would be a really useful (and seriously cool) feature for me.  Vamping is definitely something I would want to do when using a playlist, it just adds so much improvisational potential to an otherwise rigid framework!  Latest beta looking great by the way, was writing with it last night, the many great improvements helped considerably!

J :)

HT

« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2016, 01:13:34 PM »
Indeed Roger, the world is better for a wee vamp now and again.

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #142 on: September 06, 2016, 08:44:12 PM »
Does the latest update address blending the fx so that they not so noticeable?
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #143 on: September 07, 2016, 06:24:04 AM »
Can't understand the question here...
Does the latest update address blending the fx so that they not so noticeable?

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #144 on: September 07, 2016, 07:50:55 AM »
I find setting Beat FX a little hit an miss. Most of which seem to produce too obvious of an effect. I though maybe the update would smooth out the obviousness. For Ex: if I slap on a reverse through the editor on a note the reverse note plays much louder than the normally played note. it could just be my programming skills...but I notice that it is not so intuitive to use the FX parameters. The more I think of it the more I think that this wasn't part of the planned updates. I created a thread specifically for FX usage. Please disregard my initial post on this ...
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2016, 12:39:05 PM »
I've cracked this one out basically today!What a timing LucidSFX!
The new 808 Tempest kit i'm planning to release will have all the sounds ready for extreme Beat FX manipulation without blowing out the speakers...
I find setting Beat FX a little hit an miss. Most of which seem to produce too obvious of an effect. I though maybe the update would smooth out the obviousness. For Ex: if I slap on a reverse through the editor on a note the reverse note plays much louder than the normally played note. it could just be my programming skills...but I notice that it is not so intuitive to use the FX parameters. The more I think of it the more I think that this wasn't part of the planned updates. I created a thread specifically for FX usage. Please disregard my initial post on this ...

« Reply #146 on: September 08, 2016, 02:06:45 PM »
Indeed Roger, the world is better for a wee vamp now and again.
I agree that it would be useful and it's already on DSI's internal list. Of course, it's ultimately DSI's decision but I would like to see it.

« Reply #147 on: September 09, 2016, 01:21:41 AM »
Another UI bug where scrolling through factory and other folders creates duplicate files...Below is a video demonstrating it
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B02c_K8bezRATHpzeldZNlkxeHc/view?usp=sharing

« Reply #148 on: September 09, 2016, 09:17:16 AM »
Another UI bug where scrolling through factory and other folders creates duplicate files...Below is a video demonstrating it
Thanks for finding that, Yorgos. Would you happen to know how to reproduce it, ideally using factory files? And just to be sure, can you confirm that version 1.4.2.5 is loaded?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 09:19:02 AM by Roger_Linn »

« Reply #149 on: September 10, 2016, 03:43:08 PM »
Hello,
Not sure whether it is missing function or my lack of experience with Tempest. If it is missing function, please consider it to add it to the new firmware, if it is lack of my knowledge, sorry for posting it here and thx for your answer:

Is it someway possible to copy a sound including its sequence, fx..from one beat to another one? (COPY button allows only to copy sound incl seq within the actual beat, COPY SOUND allows to copy a sound from one beat to another one but without seqeunce..:/)

« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2016, 11:45:15 PM »
What you're asking is a feature request and had been posted already in the appropriate thread..For now you can only copy all the parameters of an entire beat to a beat or sound to a sound respectively..
Hello,
Not sure whether it is missing function or my lack of experience with Tempest. If it is missing function, please consider it to add it to the new firmware, if it is lack of my knowledge, sorry for posting it here and thx for your answer:

Is it someway possible to copy a sound including its sequence, fx..from one beat to another one? (COPY button allows only to copy sound incl seq within the actual beat, COPY SOUND allows to copy a sound from one beat to another one but without seqeunce..:/)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 12:04:39 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2016, 11:48:53 PM »
Yes i have the latest beta 1.4.2.5 loaded Roger..I'll see if i can reproduce it with factory sounds..
Thanks for finding that, Yorgos. Would you happen to know how to reproduce it, ideally using factory files? And just to be sure, can you confirm that version 1.4.2.5 is loaded?

« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2016, 06:44:16 AM »
Just found a bug with the Dance Chord Sound (one of the DSI-supplied sounds).  If you adjust the mixer level whilst playing the sound, either in 16 sounds or 16 tunings mode, it cuts out altogether until triggered again. 

« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2016, 12:30:37 PM »
Just found a bug with the Dance Chord Sound (one of the DSI-supplied sounds).  If you adjust the mixer level whilst playing the sound, either in 16 sounds or 16 tunings mode, it cuts out altogether until triggered again.
That's odd-- it isn't occurring here. Is it possible that the Mixer Level knob was positioned close to or at minimum, and when you moved the knob while the sound played, it immediately sensed the knob's position and therefore instantly reduced the sound's mix volume?

« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2016, 12:00:58 AM »
That's odd-- it isn't occurring here. Is it possible that the Mixer Level knob was positioned close to or at minimum, and when you moved the knob while the sound played, it immediately sensed the knob's position and therefore instantly reduced the sound's mix volume?

Hi Roger, no definitely not, I have discovered though that the problem persisted even if I changed the sound on the pad in question.  Will investigate further.

« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2016, 12:06:09 AM »
Hi Roger,

Is there currently any case where the Tempest will remember if a sound was loaded from a user folder?   Last night I found that it did so only until I switched to another beat.  If I then switched back again, moving the load sound knob in 16 sounds / pads screen immediately jumped to the bass folder (since I was indeed using a bass sound). 

Also, only once noticed a bug similar to one reported previously where all my sound assignments got jumbled up?

« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2016, 07:01:42 AM »
Hi Roger,

I just noticed a couple more bugs (I think):

1. Undo all sounds sometimes seems to revert only some of the sounds in the beat. 
2. If you tweak a sound out (at which point you can of course revert it), then switch to a different beat, then return to the beat in which you tweaked the sound out, you can no longer revert the sound.  I guess it's possible that is the desired behaviour?  Regardless, it seems logical to me there might be a situation where you tweak out a sound and use it right up to a beat transition, in which case you won't have time to revert it back before you switch beats, creating an issue when you return to the beat in question?

« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2016, 12:56:24 PM »
Hi Roger,

Is there currently any case where the Tempest will remember if a sound was loaded from a user folder?   Last night I found that it did so only until I switched to another beat.  If I then switched back again, moving the load sound knob in 16 sounds / pads screen immediately jumped to the bass folder (since I was indeed using a bass sound). 

Also, only once noticed a bug similar to one reported previously where all my sound assignments got jumbled up?
Yes, now whenever you save a Sound, the last Sound folder that you saved to or loaded from will be presented by default in the Destination Sound Folder field. This same rule applies to saving Beats or Projects. However, the Sound Folder and Load Sound soft knobs (in the 16 Sounds / Pads screen) do not affect the default Save Sound folder. The reason is that spinning the Sound Folder soft knob would have the effect of quickly selecting lots of sound folder destinations, which would not be desirable.

« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2016, 12:59:42 PM »
Hi Roger,

I just noticed a couple more bugs (I think):

1. Undo all sounds sometimes seems to revert only some of the sounds in the beat. 
2. If you tweak a sound out (at which point you can of course revert it), then switch to a different beat, then return to the beat in which you tweaked the sound out, you can no longer revert the sound.  I guess it's possible that is the desired behaviour?  Regardless, it seems logical to me there might be a situation where you tweak out a sound and use it right up to a beat transition, in which case you won't have time to revert it back before you switch beats, creating an issue when you return to the beat in question?
That is correct. "Revert Sound" only works within the current Beat. If you switch to a different Beat, the change history of the previous Beat is discarded in order to save memory.

« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2016, 01:00:58 PM »
Can you explain what "all my sound assignments got jumbled up" means?