Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports

Thom

Re: Tempest Main 1.4.2.1b and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2016, 06:19:17 PM »

Hi Thom--

1) I was able to reproduce it here. It occurs when switching during play from a beat with more than 192 ticks to a beat with 192 or less. It occurs using any BtQuant value; if the transition to the new beat lands on a tick containing events, they don't play. Thank you for finding this.

2) We've already fixed the slow scroll of files within a folder. We'll release a new beta once we fix a few more things.

3) This problem was related to the slow scroll of files within a folder (#2) above. Fixing it fixed this also.

Excellent, thanks for following through Roger & co!
There's magic in the 'pest, love it :)

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2016, 01:04:46 PM »
The issue with two sounds not being able to be triggered at the same time seems to be resolved by resetting the Tempest's system parameters.  Would users whom are encountering this issue please reset the system preferences and check whether the issue is still present?
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2016, 01:09:49 PM »
The issue with two sounds not being able to be triggered at the same time seems to be resolved by resetting the Tempest's system parameters.  Would users whom are encountering this issue please reset the system preferences and check whether the issue is still present?
It worked for me! Good call, Carson!

« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2016, 02:34:35 AM »
Confirmed fixed here also thanks Carson!

« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2016, 05:27:41 AM »
Hi guys, just got round to loading the beta.

For me, everything seems to have slowed down considerably in terms of loading, saving, naming and browsing the UI  :-\

I've tried reloading the OS and voice etc a few times and recalibrating everything.

« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2016, 10:12:22 AM »
This is happening due to the new file system handling things alphabetically.Roger said they're working on it.

For me, everything seems to have slowed down considerably in terms of loading, saving, naming and browsing the UI  :-\

I've tried reloading the OS and voice etc a few times and recalibrating everything.

« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2016, 01:52:14 AM »
I have noticed 3 mains bugs for the moment .

LATCH button for the sliders  :
before the update you have to press SHIFT to engage it with this update pressing SHIFT will change FX1to FX3 and FX2 to FX4. So it is inverted compared to the old OS version.

Loop screen :
Bug when you loop the screen in 8,8T,16 QUANT the overall sound of the tempest is muted. In 32 and 32T quantization all is ok .

Bug with the ROLL in beat mode  :

suppose you engage the roll button in beat mode and then press the beat to cancel the roll and you keep the roll button engaged. Then, you start to tweak the beat by turning pitch, attack decay and so on ....At this point if you want to reload the beat to initial stateby pressing its corresponding pad , the beat is not reloaded unless you need to disengage th ROLL button .

« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2016, 05:02:22 PM »

The slowness when browsing files within a folder is a bug that has already been fixed. The slowness when changing between folders will still be there because every time you display a different folder's contents, it must be alphabetized, just as on mac or Windows. 

« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2016, 05:14:16 PM »
Another UI bug here where some sound names getting dissapeared as i scroll with softknob 4 when loading sounds.Also if i try to save these sounds their name is blank.Ghost in the machine :P

« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2016, 05:24:36 PM »
I have noticed 3 mains bugs for the moment .

LATCH button for the sliders  :
before the update you have to press SHIFT to engage it with this update pressing SHIFT will change FX1to FX3 and FX2 to FX4. So it is inverted compared to the old OS version.
Hi dekalboy,

The function of the Latch buttons is set by 'System button > UI Preferences screen > Latch Button Behavior' to either of the behaviors you described. I suspect you previously had this set to "Shift Switched" but once your reset the System parameters in order to fix the recent , this was reverted to the default "Normal" option.

Loop screen :
Bug when you loop the screen in 8,8T,16 QUANT the overall sound of the tempest is muted. In 32 and 32T quantization all is ok .

Unfortunately, I can't get that to happen here. Is it possible that the portion of the beat you are looping contains no events? If not, can you please tell me how to clearly repeat the problem using one of the factory projects?

Bug with the ROLL in beat mode  : [/b][/u]
suppose you engage the roll button in beat mode and then press the beat to cancel the roll and you keep the roll button engaged. Then, you start to tweak the beat by turning pitch, attack decay and so on ....At this point if you want to reload the beat to initial stateby pressing its corresponding pad , the beat is not reloaded unless you need to disengage th ROLL button .
The problem here is is how you're turning off Roll. If Roll is on, the correct way to turn it off is to press it again. Or you can hold the Roll button and Roll will only be active only as long as you hold it. When using the Roll in this way (and as described in the manual) everything will work correctly. Similarly, the correct way to undo all Beat-wide sound changes made while in 16 Beats mode is to select Sounds in the Screen section then press the "Revert" soft key. This is also how to undo sound changes for a single sound while in 16 Sounds mode.

« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2016, 05:34:26 PM »
Another UI bug here where some sound names getting dissapeared as i scroll with softknob 4 when loading sounds.Also if i try to save these sounds their name is blank.Ghost in the machine :P
Hi Yorgos,
I have not been able to reproduce this here. Can you help me repeat it on a factory project with instructions on how to make it happen?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 05:39:38 PM by Roger_Linn »

Re: Tempest Main 1.4.2.5b and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2016, 04:20:48 PM »
Hi Roger, hello everyone!

In playlist mode, while the sequencer plays you can no longer scroll down the list with encoder 1 above the screen. Before this beta you could go up and down that list with the first encoder (step) and even change the number of repeats per step, or the beat for that step etc while the sequencer was playing. It was a feature that i used and i really liked, sure it wasn't meant to be left behind?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 04:22:46 PM by beatmaker »

« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2016, 05:57:16 PM »

In playlist mode, while the sequencer plays you can no longer scroll down the list with encoder 1 above the screen. Before this beta you could go up and down that list with the first encoder (step) and even change the number of repeats per step, or the beat for that step etc while the sequencer was playing. It was a feature that i used and i really liked, sure it wasn't meant to be left behind?
Hi beatmaker--
The ability to edit playlists while playing was removed a couple of beta releases ago. It was necessary to fix the playlist freeze problem that was listed on the petition. The problem is that editing the playlist while it plays requires a lot of internal recalculation.
However, I thank you for finding a bug: the Step soft knob should still work while playing playlists because it merely scrolls through the list and doesn't require recalculation. We will be fixing this. Until then, you can do the same thing with the Up Arrow and Down Arrow keys, albeit more slowly.

« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2016, 05:35:14 AM »
Sorry for the late reply Roger,
It seems the latest beta has fixed this issue.I'm not getting any blank names..
Hi Yorgos,
I have not been able to reproduce this here. Can you help me repeat it on a factory project with instructions on how to make it happen?

« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2016, 07:56:54 AM »
Sorry for the late reply Roger,
It seems the latest beta has fixed this issue.I'm not getting any blank names.
Thanks.

« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2016, 12:07:42 PM »

Hello , this is my first post .
Iīve just updated Main_1.4.2.5b .

Canīt record two notes simultaneously (on 16 tunings mode) . Resetted SP and the issue is still present.
Anything else i can try?

Thanks.

« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2016, 12:37:40 PM »
Hello , this is my first post .
Iīve just updated Main_1.4.2.5b .

Canīt record two notes simultaneously (on 16 tunings mode) . Resetted SP and the issue is still present.
Anything else i can try?

Thanks.
Hi gonzaloco--
I'm afraid Tempest does not record polyphonic tunings, nor has it ever. When using 16 Tunings mode, you are able to play two or more tunings simultaneously but only one one instance of a specific sound pad can be recorded at one timing location.
The bug that had been reported--and which is fixed by resetting System parameters--was the inability to play two different sound pads on a single timing location, not two tunings of the same sound pad.

« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2016, 10:34:47 AM »

Hi beatmaker--
The ability to edit playlists while playing was removed a couple of beta releases ago. It was necessary to fix the playlist freeze problem that was listed on the petition. The problem is that editing the playlist while it plays requires a lot of internal recalculation.
However, I thank you for finding a bug: the Step soft knob should still work while playing playlists because it merely scrolls through the list and doesn't require recalculation. We will be fixing this. Until then, you can do the same thing with the Up Arrow and Down Arrow keys, albeit more slowly.

Cheers for the reply Roger. It's all good. I understand that modifying the beat per step or repeats per steps involves recalculation. No worries. Right now you're right you can only move up and down the playlist with the arrows. Would be great to be able to scroll with the step encoder like before without changing beats or repeats which would freeze it. Even though, i must tell you when the feature was there i always used it to adjust repeats per step while i listened to my song after i made it but no probs that can be made offline as well. i am great full enough the song structure is there which is probably one of the best i worked with.

HT

« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2016, 02:43:59 PM »
Hello fellow pesters,

More of an observation than a bug, deleting sounds in quick succession causes screen artifacts. Files still get deleted so no mither to me.

No issues so far but would like the ability to drop in and out of a playing playlist. That aside I'm happy with this beta.

« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2016, 01:25:39 PM »
Hello fellow pesters,

More of an observation than a bug, deleting sounds in quick succession causes screen artifacts. Files still get deleted so no mither to me.

No issues so far but would like the ability to drop in and out of a playing playlist. That aside I'm happy with this beta.
Hi HT,
I'm afraid that can't be helped. Alphabetizing files within a folder needs to be done whenever you delete a file or change folders, and it takes a brief moment to do so, causing the delay in screen refresh that you're experiencing. However, it's generally not an impediment to normal workflow.

Regarding dropping in and out of a playlist, I assume you mean the ability to turn Playlist off and on without stopping play, for example turning Playlist off in order to vamp on the current step's beat for a while, then turning Playlist back on in order to resume the playlist from the same point. Is this correct?