Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports

Re: Tempest Main 1.4.0.15b and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2016, 04:26:38 PM »
I was able to further test the pitchbend function controlled by an external keyboard via MIDI din. It still appears that setting pitchbend using the "PITCHBEND AMT" setting still only adjusts the analog OSC 1 & 2 and does not adjust the digital OSC 3 & 4. This is a bug and affects any bass or lead sounds that utilize the digital OSC which you would like to have pitch based bending controlled by an external keyboard.
Hi Stoss,
It tested it and it turns out that Pitch Bend is working for OSC3 & 4, but it's only bending 1/4 the amount set in the Pitchbend Amt parameter (in the last Sounds screen). For example, if set to 1 Octave, then moving a Bend wheel all the way forward bends 3 semitones. Thank you for helping me find this bug, which I have added to our bug list. Note that Bend Range does work correctly for OSC3 & 4 in the Mod Paths screen. (A Mod Amount of 24 = 1 octave for all 4 oscillators.)

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2016, 04:47:50 PM »
Snd: Juno Subsquare (From one of the presets)
PITCHBEND AMT = OFF
Mod1: MIDI Pitch Bend / 24 / OSC All Freq
Mod2: MIDI Mod Wheel / 40 / Lowpass Filter

Using an external MIDI keyboard (Xkeys37) I record a simple bass part (on B1) into the sequencer while the Tempest is playing a beat. All records fine. I continue to let the beat and new baseline play and turn OFF the recording. I mess with the sound of the bass line by using the FX sliders. All is good and since I am not recording, nothing happens to the recorded part. I use the Mod Wheel to mess with the sound. Strangely, the Tempest now seems to somehow record or remember some of the Mod Wheel changes. The lowpass settings jump around as the beat plays. I have done nothing to try to record this and it doesn't really behave in a way I would like. I erase the part and record something new. The notes recorded in are what I played, but the screwed up nature of the lowpass continues as it had before. The only way to remove the behavior is to power cycle the Tempest. So I did. I set it up as before but only set Mod1 to control the lowpass filter using the Mod Wheel. This time after I recorded the bassline in, I tried messing with the Mod Wheel again with Rec OFF. I only touch the Mod Wheel for a split second. The strange behavior started happening again and wouldn't stop. Another power cycle fixed the problem.

Hoping this is a reproducible bug and not my Tempest behaving wildly out of control!
Hi Stoss,
I don't quite understand why you describe this as a problem. At the top of your post, you state that the Mod Wheel is set to modulate Lowpass Filter (frequency), then you say that when you moved the Mod Wheel, the filter frequency changed, which is what you programmed it to do. Then you turn Tempest's power off and on, which clears the memory of the last received Mod Wheel value and its effect on the filter frequency. Then you recorded a new part, then "touched the Mod Wheel for a split second", which immediately sent a value proportional to the current position of the Mod Wheel to the filter frequency. It sounds like it is doing exactly what you programmed it to do.

FYI, the best way to help us repeat a bug is to, when you experience something unexpected, try to remove everything that isn't needed for the bug to occur, ideally arrived at a short list of actions starting with "1) Turn power on" that we can repeat here. For example, in your case above, does it occur when not recording? Does it occur when you remove Mod Wheel modulation in Mod Paths? When the filter behaves in a way you don't like, how would you describe that in words that would best allow someone to understand the undesirable sound you're hearing? It's the classic artist/engineer communication problem, but the trouble is those pesky computers don't speak artist. :) 

« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2016, 04:58:33 PM »
To be clear, I'm not intentionally trying to make a feature request, I'm merely trying to put the Tempest through some different use case scenarios to find potential bugs as well as behavior which is unintuitive, or not what the average user would expect. In the past many quirks were described as "expected behavior" from a programming perspective. I am trying to offer up "expected behavior" from a user perspective for consideration. Roger has been very fair in this regard, while being respectful of the limitations of the equipment, which is understandable.
Thanks for the kind words, Stoss. Your help is much appreciated and you've just helped me find a new bug today!

Stoss

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2016, 09:00:12 PM »
Snd: Juno Subsquare (From one of the presets)
PITCHBEND AMT = OFF
Mod1: MIDI Pitch Bend / 24 / OSC All Freq
Mod2: MIDI Mod Wheel / 40 / Lowpass Filter

Using an external MIDI keyboard (Xkeys37) I record a simple bass part (on B1) into the sequencer while the Tempest is playing a beat. All records fine. I continue to let the beat and new baseline play and turn OFF the recording. I mess with the sound of the bass line by using the FX sliders. All is good and since I am not recording, nothing happens to the recorded part. I use the Mod Wheel to mess with the sound. Strangely, the Tempest now seems to somehow record or remember some of the Mod Wheel changes. The lowpass settings jump around as the beat plays. I have done nothing to try to record this and it doesn't really behave in a way I would like. I erase the part and record something new. The notes recorded in are what I played, but the screwed up nature of the lowpass continues as it had before. The only way to remove the behavior is to power cycle the Tempest. So I did. I set it up as before but only set Mod1 to control the lowpass filter using the Mod Wheel. This time after I recorded the bassline in, I tried messing with the Mod Wheel again with Rec OFF. I only touch the Mod Wheel for a split second. The strange behavior started happening again and wouldn't stop. Another power cycle fixed the problem.

Hoping this is a reproducible bug and not my Tempest behaving wildly out of control!
Hi Stoss,
I don't quite understand why you describe this as a problem. At the top of your post, you state that the Mod Wheel is set to modulate Lowpass Filter (frequency), then you say that when you moved the Mod Wheel, the filter frequency changed, which is what you programmed it to do. Then you turn Tempest's power off and on, which clears the memory of the last received Mod Wheel value and its effect on the filter frequency. Then you recorded a new part, then "touched the Mod Wheel for a split second", which immediately sent a value proportional to the current position of the Mod Wheel to the filter frequency. It sounds like it is doing exactly what you programmed it to do.

FYI, the best way to help us repeat a bug is to, when you experience something unexpected, try to remove everything that isn't needed for the bug to occur, ideally arrived at a short list of actions starting with "1) Turn power on" that we can repeat here. For example, in your case above, does it occur when not recording? Does it occur when you remove Mod Wheel modulation in Mod Paths? When the filter behaves in a way you don't like, how would you describe that in words that would best allow someone to understand the undesirable sound you're hearing? It's the classic artist/engineer communication problem, but the trouble is those pesky computers don't speak artist. :)

Sorry if my description was confusing. Essentially, I have found that using the Mod Wheel and Pitchbend Wheel of an external keyboard while a sequence is playing, but NOT recording seems to trigger some sort of ongoing unpredictable variance of the parameters assigned to those two wheels. My other posts describe that it can be fixed by either a power cycle of the Tempest, or by stopping the sequence and playing notes on the external keyboard while using the Mod Wheel and Pitchbend Wheel. If this further description does not help, I will create a step by step list as you describe, or it may be even easier to just shoot a video!

Stoss

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2016, 09:17:53 PM »
I tested the Tempest with my Roland SPD-SX as an external MIDI controller. Everything works as expected. (I thought I should report some good news amongst all of my other posts).

I know that this is a list for bug reporting, but I'd like to throw in a thought I had a long time ago that I would love some Roger consideration on. I had mentioned that it would be highly valuable to be able to assign a MIDI IN note value to control the tap tempo feature of the Tempest. If I could assign an external trigger on my Roland SPD-SX to act as the tap tempo feature on the Tempest, it would be a major game changer for integrating the Tempest into live ensemble performance. If the "System: MIDI Remote Pad Play" screen had an additional line that was "36. MIDI Note: Tap Tempo" with the ability to assign any note value to it... I would be eternally grateful!

Please, do not even reply to this comment if it is a waste of time or disrespectful to request.

Thanks... as always!

« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2016, 04:28:33 PM »
I had mentioned that it would be highly valuable to be able to assign a MIDI IN note value to control the tap tempo feature of the Tempest. If I could assign an external trigger on my Roland SPD-SX to act as the tap tempo feature on the Tempest, it would be a major game changer for integrating the Tempest into live ensemble performance. If the "System: MIDI Remote Pad Play" screen had an additional line that was "36. MIDI Note: Tap Tempo" with the ability to assign any note value to it... I would be eternally grateful!
Hi Stoss--
Tempest doesn't have a page for assigning MIDI messages to control Tempest functions, mainly because that sort of thing is usually done on software tools that don't have a physical UI, whereas Tempest has 91 panel controls including Tap Tempo (Shift + Play). The page you mentioned is for triggering the 16 pads so it doesn't fit so well.

However, I think you may be able to do what you want on your SPD-SX. I don't know that product but I saw a quick video of it and noticed that it has a simple sequencer and Tap Tempo button. Given that you prefer to tap tempo with a drum stick, does the Roland permit this? If so, it should also send MIDI clock and therefore you could tap tempo as well as start and stop Tempest, all from your SPD-SX using MIDI Clock.

Stoss

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2016, 09:01:13 PM »
I had mentioned that it would be highly valuable to be able to assign a MIDI IN note value to control the tap tempo feature of the Tempest. If I could assign an external trigger on my Roland SPD-SX to act as the tap tempo feature on the Tempest, it would be a major game changer for integrating the Tempest into live ensemble performance. If the "System: MIDI Remote Pad Play" screen had an additional line that was "36. MIDI Note: Tap Tempo" with the ability to assign any note value to it... I would be eternally grateful!
Hi Stoss--
Tempest doesn't have a page for assigning MIDI messages to control Tempest functions, mainly because that sort of thing is usually done on software tools that don't have a physical UI, whereas Tempest has 91 panel controls including Tap Tempo (Shift + Play). The page you mentioned is for triggering the 16 pads so it doesn't fit so well.

However, I think you may be able to do what you want on your SPD-SX. I don't know that product but I saw a quick video of it and noticed that it has a simple sequencer and Tap Tempo button. Given that you prefer to tap tempo with a drum stick, does the Roland permit this? If so, it should also send MIDI clock and therefore you could tap tempo as well as start and stop Tempest, all from your SPD-SX using MIDI Clock.

Believe it or not, the SPD-SX does not send MIDI Clock. Mentioning this to their "support" team didn't really get me very far. I don't exactly have conversations with their inventors and engineers.  ;)

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2016, 05:47:09 AM »
I do not see that the MIDI DIN bug has been addressed ?
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2016, 10:04:48 AM »
Believe it or not, the SPD-SX does not send MIDI Clock. Mentioning this to their "support" team didn't really get me very far. I don't exactly have conversations with their inventors and engineers.  ;)
Hi Stoss--
That's too bad, though I'd bet there's some product out there that does what you want. It's a tricky feature to justify because it's really only useful for drummers who find it inconvenient to use a panel button to tap in Tempest's tempo. The other thing is that in the type of music Tempest is primarily used for, the tempo almost never changes, though I must admit a particular fondness for rubato tempo. :)

« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2016, 10:13:16 AM »
Hi Razmo--
Are you referring to petition bug 18? If so, I explained the status of each of the petition bugs in my post that accompanied the beta release. Here is what I wrote for bug 18:

18. If the Tempest receives a RAM sound dump via USB, while also receiving note-on/off data on the MIDI DIN input, then USB MIDI sys-ex is not received correctly half of the time: i.e. it just stands there waiting for MIDI data in those cases.

Status: This is technically difficult to fix so we kindly ask that while receiving a RAM sound dump via USB, please do not play a MIDI keyboard that is connected to the DIN MIDI input.

Sorry we weren't able to fix it, but we feel that given the difficulty to fix it, the simple workaround and the greater demand for fixing other bugs, it was better to focus for now on those other issues that Tempest owners feel are more important. I hope you understand.

« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2016, 01:53:36 PM »
Roger i think Razmo is referring to this:
23. The Tempest's timing drifts in 'Slave' mode when using the MIDI DIN input, gradually losing sync with the 'Master' clock source; and this behavior is further exacerbated with use of the 'ROLL' function...

Status: From our tests and feedback from user tests on the forum, there is no drift when Tempest slaves to external MIDI clock. This may have been reported when using earlier software versions than 1.4.0, where sync was significantly improved.
Hi Razmo--
Are you referring to petition bug 18? If so, I explained the status of each of the petition bugs in my post that accompanied the beta release. Here is what I wrote for bug 18:

18. If the Tempest receives a RAM sound dump via USB, while also receiving note-on/off data on the MIDI DIN input, then USB MIDI sys-ex is not received correctly half of the time: i.e. it just stands there waiting for MIDI data in those cases.

Status: This is technically difficult to fix so we kindly ask that while receiving a RAM sound dump via USB, please do not play a MIDI keyboard that is connected to the DIN MIDI input.

Sorry we weren't able to fix it, but we feel that given the difficulty to fix it, the simple workaround and the greater demand for fixing other bugs, it was better to focus for now on those other issues that Tempest owners feel are more important. I hope you understand.

« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2016, 04:27:35 PM »
23. The Tempest's timing drifts in 'Slave' mode when using the MIDI DIN input, gradually losing sync with the 'Master' clock source; and this behavior is further exacerbated with use of the 'ROLL' function...

Status: From our tests and feedback from user tests on the forum, there is no drift when Tempest slaves to external MIDI clock. This may have been reported when using earlier software versions than 1.4.0, where sync was significantly improved.
Hi Razmo--

No, Yorgos, I'm sure Roger has the correct bug there.  Indeed it's the one that Razmo personally contributed to the list, as it specifically applies to the way he uses his Tempest in tandem with the editor he designed.  In his defense, it was promised to be fixed numerous times, but given that it's a relatively invasive fix for a bug that doesn't really affect most users, well... What Roger said.

Anyway, I feel your pain, Razmo.  Sorry, man (sheepish grin).

Cheers!

Stoss

« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2016, 09:26:47 PM »
Hi Roger.

I finally have some detailed instructions on how to create the bug I had mentioned a few days ago. I also stumbled across another bug (or two) while going through this.

The original bug occurs at steps 36 & 42. (I was able to only reproduce this bug in relation to the Mod Wheel, but I guarantee you in earlier messing around I experienced similar behavior with the Pitch Bend Wheel. Whatever you discover in relation to the Mod Wheel, I suggest you look at the same situation or solution regarding the Pitch Bend Wheel.)

A new bug occurs at step 54.

A potential bug occurs at steps 26 & 27 but only depending on what your intent is and possibly my inability to remember the manual perfectly.

Thanks again for your time dedicated to this project.

TO CREATE THE BUG
1) Power on Tempest
2) Connect MIDI Keyboard with Pitchbend and Mod wheels
3) Load Factory Project “Bag & Glow”
4) In 16 Beats Mode, select Beat 1
5) In 16 Sounds Mode, select Pad A16
6) Push the “System” button.
7) In the System menu, on the “MIDI Polyphonic Keyboard Play” set “MIDI: Synth Sound” to A16
8.) On the same menu screen, make sure your “MIDI: Synth IN Channel” matches your keyboard settings, in my case, “1”.
9) Exit the System menu.
10) In 16 Sounds Mode, with Pad A16 selected, select the “Sounds” screen.
11) Push the “Mod Paths” button to go to the Mod Paths editing screen.
12) Set Mod1: / MIDI Pitch Bend / 24 / Osc All Freq
13) Set Mod2: / MIDI Mod Wheel / 40 / Lowpass Filter
14)  Press the down arrow to go to the screen where you can set “PITCHBEND AMT” to “Off”
15) Test that playing the external keyboard plays notes on A16 and gives you control of Pitch Bend on the Pitch Bend Wheel of the keyboard and Lowpass Filter control on the Mod Wheel of the keyboard.
16) Also, test that while playing notes on the external keyboard, you can also control the pitch of the note using FX 1 slider and the Lowpass Filter using FX 2 slider.
17) Press the “Pads” button to return to the Pads Screen, still in 16 Sounds mode.
18) Hold the “Erase” button and select the soft key to “Erase All Notes”
19) Press “Click” to turn on the metronome clicks
20) Set “Quant:” to “16th”
21) Press “REC” to arm the recording feature
22) Press “PLAY” to engage the beat
23) Record a simple bass part into the sequencer using the external MIDI Keyboard
24) Press “REC” to turn OFF the live recording (But leave the sequence playing)
25) Press “Click” to turn off the metronome
26) Use FX Slider 1 to tweak the Pitch of the recorded notes as they play. (This works even though the “Playback” button is not lit, which if I remember correctly should be engaged to be able to tweak a recorded sequence)
27) Use FX Slider 2 to tweak the Lowpass of the recorded notes as they play. (This works even though the “Playback” button is not lit, which if I remember correctly should be engaged to be able to tweak a recorded sequence)
28) Please note, all of the tweaking to the sound using the FX Sliders 1 & 2 has not been recorded and does nothing permanent to the recorded sequence.
29) With the sequence still playing, move the Pitch Bend Wheel on the external MIDI Keyboard. (This has no lasting effect… This is different that what I had experienced earlier)
30) With the sequence still playing, move the Mod Wheel on the external MIDI Keyboard. (This has no lasting effect… This is different that what I had experienced earlier)
31) Turn on ROLL
32) Hold pad A1 to play a running 16th note pattern… this should be a tambourine sound
33) While still holding A1, mess with the mod wheel on the external MIDI keyboard to affect the lowpass filter of pad A16
34) Stop messing with the mod wheel
35) Release your hold on pad A1
36) You should now hear the lowpass filter on sound A16 randomly moving around

TO FIX THE PROBLEM
37) simply play with the mod wheel on the external MIDI keyboard, then let it rest. All should be back to normal.

TO CREATE THE BUG (IN A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT WAY)
38) Press “REC” to arm the recording feature (the sequence should still be playing at this time)
39) Hold pad A1 until you have filled the sequence with 16th notes
40) Press “REC” to turn OFF the live recording (But leave the sequence playing)
41) Mess with the mod wheel on the external MIDI keyboard to affect the lowpass filter of pad A16
42) You should now hear the lowpass filter on sound A16 randomly moving around

TO FIX THE NEW PROBLEM
43) Press “STOP” to stop the sequence from playing
44) Play notes on the external MIDI keyboard
45) While playing notes on the keyboard, mess with the mod wheel on the external MIDI keyboard then let it rest in the lowest position
46) Stop playing notes on the external MIDI keyboard
47) Press “PLAY” to hear the sequence play with the lowpass filter of pad A16 now returned to normal

AN ADDITIONAL BUG
48) Hopefully the part you have recorded on pad A16 has some sustained notes… if not, rerecord the part to have some sustained notes
49) Select pad A1 to make it the active sound
50) Press “PLAY” to start playing the sequence
51) While a note on pad A16 is being played and held by the sequence, the pad will be lit and it will be making sound
52) As a note on pad A16 is being played and held (sustained) by the sequence press “SOUND BANK B”
53) Notice that pad B1 will be dimly lit as it is the active sound. This is correct.
54) Also notice that pad B16 is brightly lit. This is not correct as it is not the active sound, nor is any sound being generated by that pad.
55) Press pad B16 to make it the active sound
56) Notice that pad B1 goes dark and pad B16 is now dimly lit, showing that it is the active sound
57) Press pad B1 to make it the active sound
58) Notice that pad B1 is now dimly lit to show that it is the active sound and B16 is now dark as it should be
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 09:33:43 PM by Stoss »

« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2016, 09:33:30 AM »
"2. Note sustain without a duration limit..."

For me, this doesn't work. I hit record then play, then play a sustained note for almost the entire length of the 4 bar sequence. While I'm holding the pad down, the note continues to play for the entire time. But when I play it back via the sequencer, the note is almost always significantly shorter. The actual length that it plays back varies (values I've just recorded 111, 204, 74) - sometime it's around 1 bar, sometimes less - usually never any longer than 2 bars. This is weird because if I go in to the event editor, I can set the duration of that step to a much higher number than was recorded by the sequencer. At maximum duration (254), the note length is nearly 3 bars. It seems like a MIDI off message is received early, at random times.

Note: in the scenario above, I am only playing one pad, one oscillator, open filter/env etc..   basically, it's just a test environment.

« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2016, 10:32:53 AM »
"2. Note sustain without a duration limit..."

For me, this doesn't work. I hit record then play, then play a sustained note for almost the entire length of the 4 bar sequence. While I'm holding the pad down, the note continues to play for the entire time. But when I play it back via the sequencer, the note is almost always significantly shorter. The actual length that it plays back varies (values I've just recorded 111, 204, 74) - sometime it's around 1 bar, sometimes less - usually never any longer than 2 bars. This is weird because if I go in to the event editor, I can set the duration of that step to a much higher number than was recorded by the sequencer. At maximum duration (254), the note length is nearly 3 bars. It seems like a MIDI off message is received early, at random times.

Note: in the scenario above, I am only playing one pad, one oscillator, open filter/env etc..   basically, it's just a test environment.
Hi Scoridd,

This is explained in my post about the beta download, in which I describe which of the bugs on the petition are fixed or not fixed. Note the last sentence in bold:

2. Note sustain without a duration limit...

Description: This title is not quite accurate. The problem was that sometimes ADSR sounds in Beats would terminate before their full duration expired, or a performed ADSR sound would terminate before you released the pad. This was because Tempest has only 6 voices, so if all voices are playing, new sounds need to steal voices from playing sounds. Tempest does this by stealing the playing voice with the lowest VCA level, but this can result in recorded ADSR sounds with long durations being terminated before their recorded duration ends.

Status: Mostly fixed. Now held ADSR sounds—whether playing from beats or played live—should never terminate before release.
However, with only 6 voices, there will still be cases where a sound will be terminated. To help, the third post in this thread contains a PDF containing suggestions on how to set parameters in order to best optimize the voice-stealing for specific use cases.
Note: a related bug exists that isn't yet fixed: If while recording, you hold a sound pad for more than the maximum 255 ticks (about 2-1/2 bars), the resulting duration will be (correct duration - 255).

« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2016, 03:44:56 PM »
Hi Roger.

I finally have some detailed instructions on how to create the bug I had mentioned a few days ago. I also stumbled across another bug (or two) while going through this.

The original bug occurs at steps 36 & 42. (I was able to only reproduce this bug in relation to the Mod Wheel, but I guarantee you in earlier messing around I experienced similar behavior with the Pitch Bend Wheel. Whatever you discover in relation to the Mod Wheel, I suggest you look at the same situation or solution regarding the Pitch Bend Wheel.)

A new bug occurs at step 54.

A potential bug occurs at steps 26 & 27 but only depending on what your intent is and possibly my inability to remember the manual perfectly.

Thanks again for your time dedicated to this project.

TO CREATE THE BUG
1) Power on Tempest
58) Notice that pad B1 is now dimly lit to show that it is the active sound and B16 is now dark as it should be
Hi Stoss--

You're my new hero. :)

It took me all day to trace these down, but you've found 3 new bugs:

1. With Playback button off, Note FX Sliders affect sound’s playback, but only while finger is moving on slider. If finger is held steady, sound is not affected.

2. Using Mod Paths for external MIDI sound control results in intermittent affect on the sound. Actually causes are unclear but bug occurs more frequently on playback of Beat with many sounds.

3. When playing a Beat containing held notes of an ADSR sound, if you turn on Bank B while 1) a note is playing and 2) a different sound is selected, the playing note's pad sticks on.

I've added all of these to our internal bug list.

Thank you VERY much for putting in the time to help me reproduce these!

Stoss

« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2016, 07:26:04 PM »
You're my new hero. :)

I will be be framing this quote and proudly displaying it.  ;)

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2016, 05:26:50 AM »

Hi Razmo--

No, Yorgos, I'm sure Roger has the correct bug there.  Indeed it's the one that Razmo personally contributed to the list, as it specifically applies to the way he uses his Tempest in tandem with the editor he designed.  In his defense, it was promised to be fixed numerous times, but given that it's a relatively invasive fix for a bug that doesn't really affect most users, well... What Roger said.

Anyway, I feel your pain, Razmo.  Sorry, man (sheepish grin).

Cheers!

Well... this only show that what I've been saying all along is true, despite how many have been at my neck for keeping on complaining... DSI cannot be trusted when it comes to fixing bugs that they have promised to fix... this is yet another example of it... first the Evolver... now the Tempest...

But you know what?... I really don't give a damn anymore... My Evolver is going, and my Tempest went several months ago simply because I had this "gut feeling" it would never be fixed anyway... and I'm not buying anything DSI unless I'm 100% satisfied with it from the get go... I would not rely on bugs being fixed anymore, and I think I've got a point when it comes to that, having experienced it so many times.

I've got my P12... and I'm 99% satisfied with it... but there won't be any more complaining from me here anymore... it's no use anyway.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2016, 05:32:36 AM »
Besides... the bug is still being misunderstood... the point is that SysEx DO NOT WORK VIA DIN... that's what I've been trying to say all the time... I've even written several times, that SYSEX WORK FINE WITH USB! ... the whole problem is when you want to use DIN for this... it DOES NOT WORK! ... it skips parameters from time to time, inside the dumps for some reason... even if you do not use USB at all.

You could reason, that it would be OK to just use USB instead... and yes! ... if the darn device had a custom MIDI driver that was multi client capable! ... DSI use the standard MIDI drivers of Windows, and they are both buggy, and not multi client capable... this results in it not being useable from more than one program at a time... and if you have both a sequencer and an editor you want to run at the same time, well... then you're fucked!

... last rant from here... over and out... I hope everyone else will get their most irritating bugs fixed... crossing my fingers for you...

« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2016, 06:40:20 AM »
I know your tempest has gone but you can get multi client usb using http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/virtualmidi.html or of course there is always a mac ;)