Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports

Re: Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #980 on: May 10, 2018, 04:45:44 PM »
This is the wrong place to post a request...All feature requests are closed as you’ll notice in the sticky thread because Tempest’s development has reached it’s final destination.
I have a modest request, these improvements will not require more performance from hardware:

1. Select sound for editing in MUTE mode (shift + PAD)

2. CUSTOM LENGTH of pattern for each PAD (sound), f/ex kick = 1 bar and bass 1/2 bar (kik 4 beats, bass 3 beats and etc) + random direction for playing,
its very important function for polyrhythmic  seqs, for endless generative seqs

« Reply #981 on: May 11, 2018, 05:20:41 AM »
This is the wrong place to post a request...All feature requests are closed as you’ll notice in the sticky thread because Tempest’s development has reached it’s final destination.
I have a modest request, these improvements will not require more performance from hardware:

1. Select sound for editing in MUTE mode (shift + PAD)

2. CUSTOM LENGTH of pattern for each PAD (sound), f/ex kick = 1 bar and bass 1/2 bar (kik 4 beats, bass 3 beats and etc) + random direction for playing,
its very important function for polyrhythmic  seqs, for endless generative seqs

yes, i know, but hope dies last) especially since it's a simple function, suddenly a miracle will happen

ps/ and the inability to select a sound for editing and using sliders in MUTE mode is a bug, very critical for live
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 05:26:44 AM by nayky »

FREEZE in live event record
« Reply #982 on: May 29, 2018, 01:47:48 AM »
latest firmwar , as master no syn or midi in
here's a video } https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj2i3ytVHOE&feature=youtu.be

Re: FREEZE in live event record
« Reply #983 on: May 29, 2018, 05:15:28 PM »
latest firmwar , as master no syn or midi in
here's a video } https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj2i3ytVHOE&feature=youtu.be

From just a few posts back in this thread:

Minor bug:
When recording a playlist live the Tempest freezes. This may have been reported earlier.

New owner, same bug as the owner above me in this thread:

When trying to record play list live from the 16 beats my unit freezes.

Did anyone find a workaround for this?

Cheers!

Cole

« Reply #984 on: June 01, 2018, 10:49:54 AM »
Is there a sysex loading bug? I bought a kit from one of you guys and I'm trying to load it now, but with no luck. He says it loads as a beat in beat one, but after pushing it into the tempest, it's simply not there. The tempest says it's receiving and then it says done. I'm using C6 program on a Mac desktop. USB straight into the Tempest.

« Reply #985 on: June 01, 2018, 02:23:26 PM »
The solution is to manually save it yourself..The Beat loads temporarily ;-)
Is there a sysex loading bug? I bought a kit from one of you guys and I'm trying to load it now, but with no luck. He says it loads as a beat in beat one, but after pushing it into the tempest, it's simply not there. The tempest says it's receiving and then it says done. I'm using C6 program on a Mac desktop. USB straight into the Tempest.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 02:27:01 PM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

eyedollhands

• producer/sound designer/musician/preformer
« Reply #986 on: June 06, 2018, 11:01:42 PM »
Posting this here because i didnt see anyone else with this problem. If im mistaken please let me know.
The bug is with sequencing beats in playlist mode.
If you enable playlist mode and press shift it brings up "RT REC". Turn that to on then try to record the beats you want in whatever order. No matter what the Tempest hard crashes every time. So badly that you cant unfreeze from shift+stop.
This is a pretty big letdown for me, as being able to create beats then sequencing them live, as i would do with any other drum machine just isn't an option.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 11:03:36 PM by eyedollhands »

« Reply #987 on: June 07, 2018, 01:45:24 AM »
Yes it’s a known bug and has been reported a few posts ago ^..I’m afraid Tempest’s development has reached the end and we all have to live with it..
Posting this here because i didnt see anyone else with this problem. If im mistaken please let me know.
If you enable playlist mode and press shift it brings up "RT REC". Turn that to on then try to record the beats you want in whatever order. No matter what the Tempest hard crashes every time. So badly that you cant unfreeze from shift+stop.
This is a pretty big letdown for me, as being able to create beats then sequencing them live, as i would do with any other drum machine just isn't an option.

« Reply #988 on: June 13, 2018, 02:59:48 PM »
Yes it’s a known bug and has been reported a few posts ago ^..I’m afraid Tempest’s development has reached the end and we all have to live with it..

The most curious aspect of this particular bug is that all of the previous reports about it seem to be invisible to other users, even when those reports are on the very same page.

Hmm... Maybe the bug only happens to people who can't read (smirk).

Cheers!

eyedollhands

« Reply #989 on: July 17, 2018, 10:47:40 AM »

The most curious aspect of this particular bug is that all of the previous reports about it seem to be invisible to other users, even when those reports are on the very same page.

Hmm... Maybe the bug only happens to people who can't read (smirk).

Cheers!
I might be lazy and illiterate but at least I'm not a rude little man making jabs at random people on a dying forum
Anyways I have another question I'm too lazy to sift through 50 pages of this forum to find the answer to.
I'm recording using the midi mono synth feature on the tempest. Problem is when I play back the notes they're transposed way up from what I recorded. Any idea what this is about?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 10:52:09 AM by eyedollhands »

« Reply #990 on: July 19, 2018, 12:26:45 AM »
Hmm... Perhaps it only affects people with no sense of humor (smirk).

At any rate, Yorgos is a much more tolerant individual than me, and he should be along shortly, so good luck to ya...

Cheers!

« Reply #991 on: July 19, 2018, 05:51:44 AM »
Are you talking about T’s arpeggiator?More details?Can you make a short video with the issue?

I'm recording using the midi mono synth feature on the tempest. Problem is when I play back the notes they're transposed way up from what I recorded. Any idea what this is about?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 05:54:30 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

eyedollhands

« Reply #992 on: July 19, 2018, 10:11:18 AM »
Are you talking about T’s arpeggiator?More details?Can you make a short video with the issue?

Basically when I play C2 on any midi keyboard, triggering the mono synth in the tempest it plays back as what sounds like a C4 and then if I hit that same pad that lit up on the tempests 16 tunings view to trigger outboard synths it plays a C7.
Makes it completely imposible to use
Note that I'm not using any transposers in my chain. Tried attaching a video but this site won't take any file my phone can produce...

« Reply #993 on: July 19, 2018, 10:47:08 AM »
I suspect this is not a bug but a combination of pilot error and the fact that, somewhat confusingly, octave labels for notes on the Tempest never seem consistent with other gear (they are a couple of octaves too high or too low, can't remember which offhand).

Probably best to start a new thread rather than derailing this one.
Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

« Reply #994 on: August 19, 2018, 08:43:48 AM »
I have tried the PLAYLIST REALTIME RECORDING function but it is freezing my tempest ?
Any clue about this ?
is it working properly or is this function cannot be used with the current O.S ?

« Reply #995 on: August 19, 2018, 08:48:32 AM »
Ok So i am not alone with this play list problem  8)

is it possinle to have a clear answer from DSI , if they gonna fix this or not ? this REAL TIME function is not a gadget , it is a true function to enable the PLAY LIST feature all its interest !!

« Reply #996 on: August 19, 2018, 10:41:36 AM »
It’s a bug that will live forever inside T..
Development has stopped i’m afraid from the lips of Dave Smith himself..

is it possinle to have a clear answer from DSI , if they gonna fix this or not ? this REAL TIME function is not a gadget , it is a true function to enable the PLAY LIST feature all its interest !!

« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 10:43:14 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

« Reply #997 on: June 11, 2019, 10:54:18 AM »
Hi all,

New Tempest owner, long-time programmer, and first time poster here. I am rather stunned that DSI made a "final" OS that includes a hard crash they won't fix. One may still purchase a new Tempest from Sweetwater for $2000 US. To purchase an instrument new, and discover that the company profiting from it has made a decision to EOL the OS even for show stopper bugs is extremely disappointing. I look forward to reading through the Tempest forum, but will think twice before purchasing DSI gear in the future.

It’s a bug that will live forever inside T..
Development has stopped i’m afraid from the lips of Dave Smith himself..

« Reply #998 on: June 14, 2019, 08:12:40 PM »
Hello - I just got my Tempest (actually my second attempt, first was in 2012), and this thread has been helpful in tracking down known issues.  I have experienced some odd behavior with two of my encoders: the "soft" encoder second from the left above the screen, and the Shape/Sample.  Turning clockwise works as expected, but turning counter-clockwise doesn't respond as expected (compared with other encoders) to turns at moderate speed.

Is this a software or hardware issue?  And if hardware, suggested course of action given I just bought it would be much appreciated!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 08:18:46 PM by lrclzer »

« Reply #999 on: October 24, 2019, 01:45:54 PM »
Hello!
Another fresh Tempest buyer reporting here. It seems that the previous two fellows did not succeed in getting any help. Neverthleless, I have no better way than to try. I would like to ask, if anybody did encounter similar issue, or if the problem is concerning solely my Tempest. Having scanned through the forum, I did not find any mention of similar issue.

I have came across an objectionable behaviour of the machine while using the Loop Screen feature in the Events Screen. The Loop Screen function sometimes works as it is intended. However, usually while the Loop Screen is enabled, the sound disappears completly. The sequencer still visually seems to work and the machine reacts normally though. After turning the Loop Screen off, the sound returns. The more severe problem which occurs sometimes while I try to loop the screen is that the Tempest freezes totally. Than turning the machine off is the only remedy.

Needless to say, the Loop Screen function is useful for beat programming and to me it seems necessary for using the Tempest to its full potential. I am looking forward to Your reply, cheers!