Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports

Stoss

Re: Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #920 on: September 14, 2017, 09:38:36 PM »
Chris or Carson. Should we expect any updates to the OS beyond 1.5.0.2?

RobH

« Reply #921 on: September 14, 2017, 10:36:25 PM »

I quote Carson in the patch thread (not the main post btw) that still says "beta" but his last post reads.

"Tempest 1.5.0.2 is the final official OS version for the Tempest"

I guess it is what it is. DSI should really change the post in that thread to reflect that there is no longer a beta and the OS is now finalised.

Stoss

« Reply #922 on: September 15, 2017, 07:13:01 AM »

I quote Carson in the patch thread (not the main post btw) that still says "beta" but his last post reads.

I guess it is what it is. DSI should really change the post in that thread to reflect that there is no longer a beta and the OS is now finalised.

The question was addressed to Chris or Carson since they are DSI employees who are deeply connected to what is really happening at the company and the Tempest in particular. A significant hardware bug has been brought up that I would think requires attention. I have confirmation that they know of it. I have confirmation that it is on their internal list of bugs. I would just like to know if they intend to fix it... from their perspective. It's as simple as that.

RobH

« Reply #923 on: September 15, 2017, 07:41:23 AM »

The question was addressed to Chris or Carson since they are DSI employees who are deeply connected to what is really happening at the company and the Tempest in particular. A significant hardware bug has been brought up that I would think requires attention. I have confirmation that they know of it. I have confirmation that it is on their internal list of bugs. I would just like to know if they intend to fix it... from their perspective. It's as simple as that.

I have already asked the exact same question earlier in the thread and received no response. The answer to your question lies in the post I quoted.... FINAL OS... NOT GETTING UPDATED....

"I can confirm that realtime pressure on sliders 2/3/4 is not working correctly. I would be happy to add this to our bug list, though I have no information regarding when/whether this would be fixed."

I also quote yourself, it seems to me DSI have already answered your questions about this bug. Being short with me and asking the same question multiple times isn't going to change the answer to your liking. I hope they do fix it but as far as I can see it's more probable that they won't.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 08:00:02 AM by RobH »

Stoss

« Reply #924 on: September 15, 2017, 08:05:54 AM »
The answer to your question lies in the post I quoted.... FINAL OS... NOT GETTING UPDATED....

My original question was clearly addressed to Chris or Carson. I would appreciate you respecting that and letting this be. I am quite capable of reading what is on this forum and capable of the comprehension needed to understand what I read. A shouty caps summary of it is not necessary and not respectful. The last time I read that the firmware was final, it was posted by the guy who's signature is on my Tempest. That read... "we consider this release (OS 1.4.5.1) to be our final Tempest OS release".

The realtime control related to the FX sliders of a sound are not working properly. I need to know if I should design around this new limitation (error) or if I can design my sound controls knowing that it will be repaired. Currently, when I am designing sounds that use these features (which is quite often) I get to the point in the sound design that uses the FX Sliders and wonder what the situation is. I run across this often... so it remains top of mind for me. That is why I am here seeking information from the source. Chris has showed a recent interest in checking this forum. Carson remains engaged as always.

I'm not demanding work on the Tempest. I am asking what the intent is so that I can move on. When the last answer was that this bug has been added to the "list"... that kind of leaves you wondering what the list is for.

RobH

« Reply #925 on: September 15, 2017, 08:16:03 AM »
The answer to your question lies in the post I quoted.... FINAL OS... NOT GETTING UPDATED....

My original question was clearly addressed to Chris or Carson. I would appreciate you respecting that and letting this be. I am quite capable of reading what is on this forum and capable of the comprehension needed to understand what I read. A shouty caps summary of it is not necessary and not respectful. The last time I read that the firmware was final, it was posted by the guy who's signature is on my Tempest. That read... "we consider this release (OS 1.4.5.1) to be our final Tempest OS release".

The realtime control related to the FX sliders of a sound are not working properly. I need to know if I should design around this new limitation (error) or if I can design my sound controls knowing that it will be repaired. Currently, when I am designing sounds that use these features (which is quite often) I get to the point in the sound design that uses the FX Sliders and wonder what the situation is. I run across this often... so it remains top of mind for me. That is why I am here seeking information from the source. Chris has showed a recent interest in checking this forum. Carson remains engaged as always.

I'm not demanding work on the Tempest. I am asking what the intent is so that I can move on. When the last answer was that this bug has been added to the "list"... that kind of leaves you wondering what the list is for.

Sorry but you seemed to make it out like I was answering for them when I fact I was quoting them giving you your answer which is somewhat different. I do this only because I have also asked the exact same question some weeks ago and received no response and doubt your going to get one either and had to realise my answer was already posted elsewhere. I hope they do suddenly start fixing bugs again but think it's improbable.

Stoss

« Reply #926 on: September 15, 2017, 11:54:57 AM »
OS 1.5.0.2

I wanted to report a DSI confirmed bug to this thread in case anyone else runs into it and wonders what is happening.

I sent this to DSI:
"I'm using realtime FX to control the parameters of a synth. When setting one of the four FX to use Slider Pressure 2, Slider Pressure 3, or Slider Pressure 4, it does not work in realtime. Slider Pressure 1 works as expected and so do the rest of + and +/- controls."

DSI responded with:
"I can confirm that realtime pressure on sliders 2/3/4 is not working correctly. I would be happy to add this to our bug list, though I have no information regarding when/whether this would be fixed."

Update: DSI has responded to further inquiry regarding Realtime FX Controls...

I sent this to DSI (excluding more in-depth descriptions of my situation):
"As I continue to design sounds/beats/projects, can I plan on the realtime control working correctly in the future (via a fix from DSI) or should I consider this incorrect function to be the permanent behavior of this machine?"

DSI responded with:
"I do not have any information regarding when/whether there will be any future OS updates for the Tempest. As such, I would suggest that you proceed without the expectation of a future OS version becoming available."

I have no problem with begging... Let me try that... Chris, Carson, somebody... I love my Tempest... With all my heart.... please, please, please, please, please, please, please fix this. Please. Pleeeeeeease. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Hopefully that helps.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 11:58:04 AM by Stoss »

RobH

« Reply #927 on: September 15, 2017, 01:42:18 PM »
OS 1.5.0.2

I wanted to report a DSI confirmed bug to this thread in case anyone else runs into it and wonders what is happening.

I sent this to DSI:
"I'm using realtime FX to control the parameters of a synth. When setting one of the four FX to use Slider Pressure 2, Slider Pressure 3, or Slider Pressure 4, it does not work in realtime. Slider Pressure 1 works as expected and so do the rest of + and +/- controls."

DSI responded with:

Update: DSI has responded to further inquiry regarding Realtime FX Controls...

I sent this to DSI (excluding more in-depth descriptions of my situation):
"As I continue to design sounds/beats/projects, can I plan on the realtime control working correctly in the future (via a fix from DSI) or should I consider this incorrect function to be the permanent behavior of this machine?"

DSI responded with:
"I do not have any information regarding when/whether there will be any future OS updates for the Tempest. As such, I would suggest that you proceed without the expectation of a future OS version becoming available."

I have no problem with begging... Let me try that... Chris, Carson, somebody... I love my Tempest... With all my heart.... please, please, please, please, please, please, please fix this. Please. Pleeeeeeease. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Hopefully that helps.  ;)

Well slider pressure 2 still works if you assign it in the mod matrix i just tested it. So your only down slider 3+4 pressure which isn't super massive in my opinion. Thats a slight workaround at least? If you assigned sliders 1 and 2 from the matrix you could have them both still working if you change out to FX 3 and 4, considering there is only 4 FX slots anyway, i don't think your too bad doubling slider pressure like this for both set 1 and 2, 3 and 4. Also it wouldn't change anything in the future if it did get fixed for any sounds you've already made.

This help any?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 01:46:03 PM by RobH »

Stoss

« Reply #928 on: September 15, 2017, 01:54:49 PM »
Well slider pressure 2 still works if you assign it in the mod matrix i just tested it. So your only down slider 3+4 pressure which isn't super massive in my opinion. Thats a slight workaround at least? If you assigned sliders 1 and 2 from the matrix you could have them both still working if you change out to FX 3 and 4, considering there is only 4 FX slots anyway, i don't think your too bad doubling slider pressure like this for both set 1 and 2, 3 and 4. Also it wouldn't change anything in the future if it did get fixed for any sounds you've already made.

This help any?

I believe there is a difference between using the sliders in the mod matrix vs. the sound fx relating to what can be recorded per step. If you want to have live performance as well as recordable functionality out of your sliders, I believe that must be done in the sound fx settings.

RobH

« Reply #929 on: September 15, 2017, 02:19:37 PM »

This help any?

I believe there is a difference between using the sliders in the mod matrix vs. the sound fx relating to what can be recorded per step. If you want to have live performance as well as recordable functionality out of your sliders, I believe that must be done in the sound fx settings.

Gotya. It is a shame its left like this.

« Reply #930 on: September 15, 2017, 03:13:12 PM »
My guess for leaving some features behind is because they squashed the life out of the available code they could fit into T's memory and they had to choose which where the most important in their opinion of course..

Stoss

« Reply #931 on: September 15, 2017, 09:41:05 PM »
My guess for leaving some features behind is because they squashed the life out of the available code they could fit into T's memory and they had to choose which where the most important in their opinion of course..
I agree, and that certainly seems to have been the battle that Chris was fighting for quite some time. I highly doubt that is the case here though. It certainly seems like an error in that some realtime slider control works and some does not... which would be kind of an odd way to make a sensible cut-off for space saving measures. This absolutely strikes me the same as many other bugs in the past... fix two things and break another. This machine is so complex, with so many layers of things to test... there is just no way that it went through any kind of thorough testing between each beta release.

As I've said before... it's most likely that the barrier to fixing this problem is about crossing a line drawn in the sand. Let me just say... there is no shame in crossing that line in the sand to make things right. There is shame in begging... and I've already done that... and I'll do it again if necessary.

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #932 on: September 16, 2017, 08:49:47 AM »
I agree whole heartedly except I wasn't 100% convinced with the begging. It lacked conviction. I give it a 3/5. As a suggestion try to pepper in some self-depreciation ...the occasional "WHY GOD??" helps too....
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #933 on: September 16, 2017, 09:44:41 AM »
LMAO...Nice one John!
I agree whole heartedly except I wasn't 100% convinced with the begging. It lacked conviction. I give it a 3/5. As a suggestion try to pepper in some self-depreciation ...the occasional "WHY GOD??" helps too....

LucidSFX

• Soundcloud
« Reply #934 on: September 16, 2017, 04:13:55 PM »
;)
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #935 on: September 29, 2017, 06:12:56 AM »
Irrelevant posts moved to moderation area for further actions.Also moved LucidSFX mistakenly sent collaboration post..
Please keep it relevant here people...

Thanks for posting relevantly ;)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 06:40:02 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

RobH

« Reply #936 on: October 10, 2017, 07:15:03 PM »
Just had a full freeze. Changing beats and it frozen at 4.4.96 of a 4 bar loop.

Just thought i'd note that lucky i saved glad i wasn't live.

Was slaved to Reaper PC.

Been really stable i must admit i think its just an exception lets hope so!

« Reply #937 on: October 11, 2017, 04:02:27 PM »

Was slaved to Reaper PC.

Hey Rob, you should report this, with as many details as possible, directly to DSI support.  They don't always read the forum.  Crash bugs are taken pretty seriously, so if it's something that can be reproduced, I could see them endeavoring to fix it.

Cheers!

RobH

« Reply #938 on: October 11, 2017, 04:17:58 PM »

Was slaved to Reaper PC.

Hey Rob, you should report this, with as many details as possible, directly to DSI support.  They don't always read the forum.  Crash bugs are taken pretty seriously, so if it's something that can be reproduced, I could see them endeavoring to fix it.

Cheers!

Thats why i left a note, its only happened once and thats all the details i've got really about the crash, i jotted it down just so i could remember anything about the crash. If it happens again i'll send in a email but i'm guessing its one off for the moment.

LucidSFX

• Soundcloud
« Reply #939 on: October 11, 2017, 04:33:30 PM »
Rob...I believe it may be your mouse drivers...then again I was wrong about the Y2K Apocalypse ...
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)