Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports

Re: Tempest Main 1.4.5.11 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #740 on: June 04, 2017, 06:48:33 AM »
anyone still getting dropped voices with 1.4.5.11??
cheers

RobH

« Reply #741 on: June 04, 2017, 07:06:21 AM »
·      LFO sync drifts when set to either 'Beat' or 'Play' FIXED,

and dotted eighths remains missing from the sync options. NOT FIXED (not sure if actually a feature request at this point or not it would be nice tho.)

·      Tempest starts one midi clock late or early depending on various conditions of the sync source or Tempest modes.  *This is an invasive fix. FIXED

These can also be taken off the list. Anyone else know of any of the bugs on that list that have been sorted and we can get that list a down. We shouldn't ignore the previous testers work as its just as important as the bugs we are finding, its a shame the old testers are not around at the moment but i see why, so lets get a current list going and im not sure what jira is but if its a glorified list then do it!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:07:59 AM by RobH »

« Reply #742 on: June 04, 2017, 08:06:35 AM »
cheers

I am, but so far my machine seems to be the only one still acting up. Still working to determine if it's midi data or something from another machine causing it, but would be weird since it only started with 1.4.5.2 and has continued with 1.4.5.9

My drops are definitely not related to lfo settings though.
https://textureandlight.ca (electronic music from inner space)

BRE

« Reply #743 on: June 04, 2017, 08:47:14 AM »
cheers

I am, but so far my machine seems to be the only one still acting up. Still working to determine if it's midi data or something from another machine causing it, but would be weird since it only started with 1.4.5.2 and has continued with 1.4.5.9

Did you have to export and import your work after installing 1.4.5.2? I haven't tried the beta because I don't want to risk losing work. If I knew it would import correctly I'd just save it on PC then send to back to Tempest. I'm not convinced updating the OS is worth the risk.
addicted

« Reply #744 on: June 04, 2017, 12:42:21 PM »
cheers

Just lost 2 voices in a row with 1.4.5.11. Anyone else? ???

e: voices were lost when using sounds made in previous OS's. Now a few hours jamming with factory sounds and no lost voices so far..
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 02:10:42 PM by AnssiTir »

Stoss

« Reply #745 on: June 04, 2017, 02:32:38 PM »
There are a number of ways to measure if something on the Tempest needs to be fixed:
1) Features and behavior described in the user manual
2) Behavior logically expected by the user
3) Behavior preferred by the user

Can someone at DSI provide direction on which of the above items should be used to measure the validity of a bug before reporting it?

« Reply #746 on: June 04, 2017, 02:54:19 PM »
cheers

Did you have to export and import your work after installing 1.4.5.2? I haven't tried the beta because I don't want to risk losing work. If I knew it would import correctly I'd just save it on PC then send to back to Tempest. I'm not convinced updating the OS is worth the risk.

I didn't re-export anything. I've tried re saving sounds/projects/beats in the new OS to see if that fixes the drop issue and it doesn't for me. I wouldn't follow any steps I'm doing though as I'm having some pretty regular voice drops on my end! In hindsight I would have stayed at whatever OS I was at before I upgrade to 1.4.5.2 but now that I've done so much work in the newer betas I'm super paranoid to downgrade as I'm not sure what that will do. So I'm kind of stuck where I am until I can figure out a sure fire way to reproduce the drop outs so the bug can get sorted. I'm away until Tuesday, but will be diving back in then.
https://textureandlight.ca (electronic music from inner space)

BRE

« Reply #747 on: June 04, 2017, 04:14:31 PM »
cheers

I didn't re-export anything. I've tried re saving sounds/projects/beats in the new OS to see if that fixes the drop issue and it doesn't for me. I wouldn't follow any steps I'm doing though as I'm having some pretty regular voice drops on my end! In hindsight I would have stayed at whatever OS I was at before I upgrade to 1.4.5.2 but now that I've done so much work in the newer betas I'm super paranoid to downgrade as I'm not sure what that will do. So I'm kind of stuck where I am until I can figure out a sure fire way to reproduce the drop outs so the bug can get sorted. I'm away until Tuesday, but will be diving back in then.

Wow...okay I'm definitely not updating until the OS is an official release. No betas for me. Hope you get your issues worked out. Losing work is the worst! :(
addicted

RobH

« Reply #748 on: June 04, 2017, 05:21:34 PM »
cheers

Wow...okay I'm definitely not updating until the OS is an official release. No betas for me. Hope you get your issues worked out. Losing work is the worst! :(

No one has lost any work. Just pointing that out.

« Reply #749 on: June 04, 2017, 05:43:43 PM »
·      LFO sync drifts when set to either 'Beat' or 'Play' FIXED,

and dotted eighths remains missing from the sync options. NOT FIXED (not sure if actually a feature request at this point or not it would be nice tho.)

·      Tempest starts one midi clock late or early depending on various conditions of the sync source or Tempest modes.  *This is an invasive fix. FIXED

These can also be taken off the list. Anyone else know of any of the bugs on that list that have been sorted and we can get that list a down. We shouldn't ignore the previous testers work as its just as important as the bugs we are finding, its a shame the old testers are not around at the moment but i see why, so lets get a current list going and im not sure what jira is but if its a glorified list then do it!

Regarding JIRA:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jira_(software)
https://soundcloud.com/the-aural

https://www.facebook.com/auralproductions/

Ensoniq SQ80, Kawai K5, Yamaha CS6x & DX200, Alesis ion, Akai Z4, DSI gear: {Evolver Desktop, Poly Evolver Keyboard, Mopho x4, Tempest}, Waldorf Blofeld & Streichfett, Moog Freqbox, Roland R8 & R8m

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #750 on: June 04, 2017, 07:58:39 PM »
No more voice drops for me on old projects/sounds or new ones.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

BRE

« Reply #751 on: June 05, 2017, 07:16:41 AM »
No more voice drops for me on old projects/sounds or new ones.

Thanks for the heads up :)
addicted

BRE

« Reply #752 on: June 05, 2017, 07:18:37 AM »
cheers

No one has lost any work. Just pointing that out.

Gotcha. Thanks man :)
addicted

dsetto

« Reply #753 on: June 05, 2017, 10:08:42 AM »
This is a good list to bring up and I support keeping it alive. With absolute respect for its collaters and maintainers, however, is there a practical way between us - maybe using forum functions - that we could rank these (by their negative effect, for example)? Alternatively, I'd be happy to start a public JIRA instance and load them in for public voting and comments, as well as giving Carson access. I know DSI use JIRA too, so it might make things easier for all.

As a software publisher myself, some of my hardest (and most rewarding) work with my customers is to get things ranked so that when some combination of time / money / willpower inevitably runs out, at least the most important stuff has been delivered.

Since there seems to be a little more momentum in DSI-Land for Tempest bug-squashing I reckon ranking would help them and us.

What do you all think?
Fully agree.

RobH

« Reply #754 on: June 05, 2017, 12:56:41 PM »
I'm using AUX envelope one on a kick drum to bring in kick sample, but its having no effect. If I turn up the volume in the osc section i hear it, i then lower the volume to 0, go to AUX 1 and assign it to OSC3 Level, then i open the decay up (in AD mode) i increase the amount and the sample does doesn't appear in the sound at all, i've checked the pre/post filters, i'm not sure why i'm going to recalibrate and save the sound and see if i can get the envelope to work, at this moment i can't see why im not getting the sound of the sample at all.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #755 on: June 05, 2017, 01:04:43 PM »
I'm not seeing that here.  Is the issue present on an initialized sound?
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

RobH

« Reply #756 on: June 05, 2017, 01:09:17 PM »
I'm not seeing that here.  Is the issue present on an initialized sound?

I saved the sound and project, then i recalibrated, when i rebooted my Tempest that particular sound was playing as a weird click only so i reloaded the individual sound and all is fine now, must just have not liked the update or something.

Seems to be working now anyway.

RobH

« Reply #757 on: June 06, 2017, 04:16:48 AM »
edit - One of the oscillators had been changed to to C0 -50 fine in an old sound file not sure why i thought oscillator was playing up but this was the cause i deleted my original post.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 04:30:35 AM by RobH »

idm

« Reply #758 on: June 06, 2017, 08:56:44 AM »
Played 3 days 4 to 6 hours at a art festival with a VJ friend of mine. The T worked really great. Is used it to create some sounds on the fly and play some poly patches I had created. No loss of voices.

« Reply #759 on: June 07, 2017, 04:43:13 AM »
Everything seems 100% here.
Thanks DSI for making sure the Tempest is firmware sorted before closure.

Regards

Tim
Tim