Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports

Re: Tempest Main 1.4.5.6 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #680 on: May 25, 2017, 10:29:33 AM »
I think it's incredibly stupid to think that the problem will be solved by only using factory sounds.

I have had enough of 1.4.5.6 and this dropout problem, not only this, but now i'm getting god awful flabby bursts of sound in my tracks. I'll attach some files...

I need to roll back to 1.4.4. Foolishly i accepted this current beta, in hope that it will soon be fixed, but now i need to rescue my live set and get the hell out of here. I'll back up my sounds, beats and projects from this OS, but what do you guys think is the best way to roll back my live set to 1.4.4?? Write all settings on paper [e-fucking-gads], and re-enter every note and setting manually? Will the beats saved with this OS actually load into 1.4.4 does anybody know??

My live set consists of 6 voices per song (beat) and i've only stored 5 beats so far.

Can anybody from DSI give any indication of where they're at in regards to fixing this issue, or how long it may take?
If i spend a few hours writing down settings, beat info etc, then a new problem solving OS is released, I'll be devastated, it's bad enough already. Yes, it's my fault for even migrating my set to this OS, but I just need to fix it for now. Never again. I don't need syncing LFOs for now. Just get me the hell out of here.

WAit, you didn't do a full sysx dump of your Tempest and all its settings before you jumped into the beta?
yes i did, but i've been working on a project while on this new OS. So i want to rescue it.

RobH

« Reply #681 on: May 25, 2017, 10:45:41 AM »
I think it's incredibly stupid to think that the problem will be solved by only using factory sounds.

I have had enough of 1.4.5.6 and this dropout problem, not only this, but now i'm getting god awful flabby bursts of sound in my tracks. I'll attach some files...

I need to roll back to 1.4.4. Foolishly i accepted this current beta, in hope that it will soon be fixed, but now i need to rescue my live set and get the hell out of here. I'll back up my sounds, beats and projects from this OS, but what do you guys think is the best way to roll back my live set to 1.4.4?? Write all settings on paper [e-fucking-gads], and re-enter every note and setting manually? Will the beats saved with this OS actually load into 1.4.4 does anybody know??

My live set consists of 6 voices per song (beat) and i've only stored 5 beats so far.

Can anybody from DSI give any indication of where they're at in regards to fixing this issue, or how long it may take?
If i spend a few hours writing down settings, beat info etc, then a new problem solving OS is released, I'll be devastated, it's bad enough already. Yes, it's my fault for even migrating my set to this OS, but I just need to fix it for now. Never again. I don't need syncing LFOs for now. Just get me the hell out of here.

WAit, you didn't do a full sysx dump of your Tempest and all its settings before you jumped into the beta?
yes i did, but i've been working on a project while on this new OS. So i want to rescue it.

Well if its any concellation im in the same boat. I don't play out live right now though so I'm feeling your anguish at the thought of how to go about sorting this out, changing beats always brought the voices back for me (iirc) so maybe just have copies of the beats incase you get a drop and hope for the best lol. sorry mate kinda sucks.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #682 on: May 25, 2017, 11:09:29 AM »

Would you please send me a copy of the project you are having troubles with?
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #683 on: May 25, 2017, 08:41:26 PM »
I actually rolled back to 1.4.4b, calibrated, and all of my projects from 1.4.5.6 load fine.
Didn't need to re-load anything.
So glad. Cheers.

idm

« Reply #684 on: May 28, 2017, 04:39:51 AM »
It's becoming infuriating.
Just now:
When holding a chord and applying both LFO's to the filter and having just a saw loaded into osc 1.i sync both LFO's to beat (no idea if this is the thing that causes it), voices started dropping. I rebooted, and now the voices don't drop, but held notes drop until there's only one note left.

I do not understand why, and normally I'm fairly good at recreating issues. There's no workaround to this either.

idm

« Reply #685 on: May 28, 2017, 04:51:12 AM »
OK I'm pretty sure it has to do with the LFO's synced to beat or play. When synced to note there seems to be no problem. As soon as I sync to beat, strange stuff happens.

Now voice 6 hangs, as in, a constant note is playing and midi panic/note off does not work.

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #686 on: May 28, 2017, 07:32:58 AM »
IDM ...just checking...I am pretty sure you covered the following...

Are you only using mains or phones ours?

Assigned a voice tp the sound?
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

idm

« Reply #687 on: May 28, 2017, 08:21:05 AM »
Thanks lucid, but trust me, I'm way past the obvious beginners stuff.

Only main outs, no voice locked.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with LFO synced to beat. Try the following :

- saw in osc 1
- adsr mode
- lfo 1 @ low pass cut off beat synced @ 8th notes, amount high enough to notice
- lfo 2 same thing but quarter notes for instance
- cut off at 11 o'clock

Now hold a chord for a long time while the sequencer is running (set sequencer to 1 bar) . (I'm using a midi keyboard but I'm sure that has nothing to do with it)
A voice will drop. Or a note will hang forever.

I don't seem to have this problem when the LFO's are synced no note.

LucidSFX

• Soundcloud
« Reply #688 on: May 28, 2017, 10:51:00 AM »
Yeah, I figured and what you wrote makes sense to me since I am having drop outs too. Too many variables for my projects but the thing that stands out is the LFO. I'll try to dupe later today.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #689 on: May 28, 2017, 01:18:20 PM »
I'm getting voice drop outs on 1.4.5.2 as well, so don't go back to that one. I have a run of 8 shows starting next weekend and unfortunatly I've done a majority of my work on this set on 1.4.5.2 so I'm not sure if I should risk going back to a previous os this close to shows (will it mess up my current set???), or just be prepared to possibly do a power cycle in the middle of my set if need be. Yikes. Advice??
https://textureandlight.ca (electronic music from inner space)

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #690 on: May 28, 2017, 05:44:57 PM »
Again, if you are using LFO sync, you must assign the sound to a voice!!! 
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

BRE

« Reply #691 on: May 28, 2017, 07:32:31 PM »
if you are using LFO sync, you must assign the sound to a voice

Wasssup Carson...is that feature in the manual?
addicted

LucidSFX

• Soundcloud
« Reply #692 on: May 28, 2017, 07:40:09 PM »
Tempest1 - ?? It's written plenty online.

TrevorReflex - assign a voice. I misread you last post.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #693 on: May 28, 2017, 08:40:07 PM »

TrevorReflex - assign a voice. I misread you last post.

All my voices that I'm having this issue with are assigned and patched out.
https://textureandlight.ca (electronic music from inner space)

idm

« Reply #694 on: May 28, 2017, 11:40:40 PM »

O Rly??

From the addendum :

"To use free-running LFO’s you must assign a sound to a voice."

So no Carson, nowhere is written that LFO's in synced mode need to be assigned to a voice.
Better yet:
Lfo sync to note works fine without assigning it to a voice. It's only when you assign it to a beat/play that voices start dropping.

And its not as if it doesn't work until you assign a sound to a voice. Voices start DROPPING or notes are HANGING.

That is not normal behavior.

But I guess I'll take it for what it is.

I don't mind reporting issues on beta software Carson, glad to. But this reaction is not OK imho... I have respect for you still putting in time to make the T as good as it can get, but this reaction is simply untrue.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 11:42:13 PM by idm »

« Reply #695 on: May 29, 2017, 01:32:54 AM »

Lfo sync to note works fine without assigning it to a voice. It's only when you assign it to a beat/play that voices start dropping.

But if set to 'beat' or 'play' the LFO is free-running so it *should* be assigned to a voice,  no?

You're right though that stuck notes and voices dropping out are unacceptable, especially for a supposedly 'performance oriented' machine.
Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

idm

« Reply #696 on: May 29, 2017, 02:19:32 AM »

But if set to 'beat' or 'play' the LFO is free-running so it *should* be assigned to a voice,  no?

You're right though that stuck notes and voices dropping out are unacceptable, especially for a supposedly 'performance oriented' machine.

Yah you're right. My bad. Free running (restart= off) it's linked to sync. My bad.

But, the manual still doesn't say that putting an LFO on sync mode means you have to assign it to a voice. It specifically says you only need to do that if you want free running lfo (restart = off).

BRE

« Reply #697 on: May 29, 2017, 10:56:42 AM »
Tempest1 - ?? It's written plenty online.

Thanks Carson!

If it's written plenty online, then why are people still making the same mistakes, causing voices to drop out?

And why is Carson at his breaking point with responses? (Three exclamation points in his last post!!!)

And for the record, I spend less than 1% of my free time online...maybe you live here?
addicted

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #698 on: May 30, 2017, 04:13:45 PM »

O Rly??

From the addendum :

"To use free-running LFO’s you must assign a sound to a voice."

So no Carson, nowhere is written that LFO's in synced mode need to be assigned to a voice.
Better yet:

And its not as if it doesn't work until you assign a sound to a voice. Voices start DROPPING or notes are HANGING.

That is not normal behavior.

But I guess I'll take it for what it is.

I don't mind reporting issues on beta software Carson, glad to. But this reaction is not OK imho... I have respect for you still putting in time to make the T as good as it can get, but this reaction is simply untrue.

Sorry, LFO sync with BEAT OR PLAY restart mode active must be assigned to a voice to work correctly.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 04:32:41 PM by cbmd »
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #699 on: May 30, 2017, 04:37:43 PM »
Question for users who have encountered the drop voice issue...when a voice is dropped, is it related to a sound which is assigned to a specific voice?  Does the sound in question have any choke settings?  If so, is the pad set to choke itself and does turning of the choke resolve the issue.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim