Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports

RobH

Re: Tempest Main 1.4.5.6 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #660 on: May 19, 2017, 02:22:34 PM »
Ok, I am experiencing some really weird stuff, everytime i just leave my Tempest sync'd to Live and just let it play, everytime without fail the voices drop out after a while, this time also the Volume knob has stopped working again.

I have no other real steps other than I just leave it running and running the midi data for the bass hats and kick from the DAW.

I think it sometimes does some random hits of drum sounds i don't actually have loaded as well, I'm defo only running the midi to the bass and the 3 pads no automation.

Steps are to just leave it running sync'd to live running midi data from DAW.

idm

« Reply #661 on: May 19, 2017, 02:33:59 PM »
Voices dropping out seems to be happening when you use old souns that were on the Tempest when you updated.

I backed up all my beats, sounds, and projects, did a flash format on the T, and installed the latest firmware again. Then ran the voices calibration twice, system reset.

I uploaded my old init beat into the T and all seems fine now.

RobH

« Reply #662 on: May 19, 2017, 02:51:00 PM »
Voices dropping out seems to be happening when you use old souns that were on the Tempest when you updated.

I backed up all my beats, sounds, and projects, did a flash format on the T, and installed the latest firmware again. Then ran the voices calibration twice, system reset.

And you copied all the old soudns and projects back on and it worked?

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #663 on: May 19, 2017, 09:24:29 PM »
Sorry...voices are still being lost. After I had done a proper format/recal etc (previously posted) I loaded up an old project and immediately lost a voice. The first time it was voice 5. Second time it happened voice 6. I had save the sound and same thing. Finally had a system freeze while adjusting the LFO.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:46:14 PM by LucidSFX »
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

idm

« Reply #664 on: May 19, 2017, 11:11:13 PM »

And you copied all the old soudns and projects back on and it worked?

Actually decided to start designing new sounds. But I'm using an old init patch. It's a patch i created witch is completely empty. Haven't lost a voice yet, but I'll keep you updated.

@lucid damn, not cool. It's a strange problem.
Have you tried loading each of the sounds on those projects into new empty projects?
Might be worth a try.

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #665 on: May 20, 2017, 08:25:17 AM »
Yeah....a real pain the buttplug. I'll give it a go. Creating sounds from scratch hasnt been an issue. The problem is my old os projects which I cannot use anymore. One of which is my claim to fame 1700 plays...shoot.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

dsetto

« Reply #666 on: May 20, 2017, 09:28:32 AM »
Ok, I am experiencing some really weird stuff, everytime i just leave my Tempest sync'd to Live and just let it play, everytime without fail the voices drop out after a while, this time also the Volume knob has stopped working again.

I have no other real steps other than I just leave it running and running the midi data for the bass hats and kick from the DAW.

I think it sometimes does some random hits of drum sounds i don't actually have loaded as well, I'm defo only running the midi to the bass and the 3 pads no automation.

Do you observe the voice loss issue in the configuration above, when all the files in Tempest are "clean slate" files created in Main OS BETA 1.4.5.6? If you haven't tried that, try it.

RobH

« Reply #667 on: May 20, 2017, 03:38:22 PM »

Do you observe the voice loss issue in the configuration above, when all the files in Tempest are "clean slate" files created in Main OS BETA 1.4.5.6? If you haven't tried that, try it.

I kind of don't want to lose s years worth of programming and sound design.

I'll back up everything and reimport it to the RAM and resave it but I can't be doing this for every patch.

I really don't know what's best to do here :(

idm

« Reply #668 on: May 20, 2017, 04:18:05 PM »
Well it is a massive bug, that's for sure.

You could try to export each separate sound, format flash memory, reinstall, reset system parameters, calibrate oscs. Then rebuild projects by importing each separate sound.

I think it might have to do with assigning sounds to voices within a beat or project and using those in a newer OS version. Although I really have no clue why.

Maybe wait for an answer by DSI though...

« Reply #669 on: May 21, 2017, 01:26:24 AM »
That voice loss issue, is something that's been happening since some of the early updates to the OS. I remember dealing with DSI support on that issue, a good long time ago.

It happened when I updated the OS and tried using old projects - similar to what's being reported now.

idm

« Reply #670 on: May 21, 2017, 02:16:42 AM »
Good to know it's a longstanding issue.

We could try to narrow it down if it's purely projects and/or beats or that it's also happening to individual sounds loaded into new beats/projects. I think loading old sounds into new projects/beats might actually be the workaround, but I can only confirm after more time with the T and the old empty unit beats I've been designing new sounds on. I'm also going to try to load old sounds into new beats and projects this week.

« Reply #671 on: May 21, 2017, 11:25:22 AM »
If memory serves me correctly, I think it was Carson I was talking to at the time.

dsetto

« Reply #672 on: May 22, 2017, 04:00:51 AM »

Yeah. That's a drag.

For clarification: It's my understanding there's no voice loss issue with Main OS BETA 1.4.5.6 when "clean slate" files (all created in 1.4.5.6) are used. ... And running 'previous OS'-made files in 1.4.5.6 leads to voice loss. And this is a situation that has existed in prior OS transitions. (Perhaps someone's come up with a reasonable work-around.)

« Reply #673 on: May 22, 2017, 05:10:43 AM »

Yeah. That's a drag.

For clarification: It's my understanding there's no voice loss issue with Main OS BETA 1.4.5.6 when "clean slate" files (all created in 1.4.5.6) are used. ... And running 'previous OS'-made files in 1.4.5.6 leads to voice loss. And this is a situation that has existed in prior OS transitions. (Perhaps someone's come up with a reasonable work-around.)

Would also be keen to learn about a work-around or method for importing your sounds/beats/projects for old OS created files that wouldn't cause any of the discussed voice loss issues.

idm

« Reply #674 on: May 22, 2017, 05:14:54 AM »
Have you tried my approach? By only importing sounds and loading them into brand new beats/projects, we can at least narrow down if it also happens at sound level, or that it has to do with existing voice allocation within beats created in older OS.

It might have to do with using voice allocations from an old OS in a new OS. This is my guess at least.

« Reply #675 on: May 25, 2017, 03:02:52 AM »
glad to report no voiceloss after reformating flashdrive, reloading voice os and factory sounds. i'm gonna try my old projects with factory sounds and hope this will work...

« Reply #676 on: May 25, 2017, 08:47:23 AM »
I think it's incredibly stupid to think that the problem will be solved by only using factory sounds.

I have had enough of 1.4.5.6 and this dropout problem, not only this, but now i'm getting god awful flabby bursts of sound in my tracks. I'll attach some files...

I need to roll back to 1.4.4. Foolishly i accepted this current beta, in hope that it will soon be fixed, but now i need to rescue my live set and get the hell out of here. I'll back up my sounds, beats and projects from this OS, but what do you guys think is the best way to roll back my live set to 1.4.4?? Write all settings on paper [e-fucking-gads], and re-enter every note and setting manually? Will the beats saved with this OS actually load into 1.4.4 does anybody know??

My live set consists of 6 voices per song (beat) and i've only stored 5 beats so far.

Can anybody from DSI give any indication of where they're at in regards to fixing this issue, or how long it may take?
If i spend a few hours writing down settings, beat info etc, then a new problem solving OS is released, I'll be devastated, it's bad enough already. Yes, it's my fault for even migrating my set to this OS, but I just need to fix it for now. Never again. I don't need syncing LFOs for now. Just get me the hell out of here.

« Reply #677 on: May 25, 2017, 09:38:19 AM »
Moderated: please keep it cordial guys!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 11:01:25 AM by cbmd »

RobH

« Reply #678 on: May 25, 2017, 09:41:58 AM »
I think it's incredibly stupid to think that the problem will be solved by only using factory sounds.

I have had enough of 1.4.5.6 and this dropout problem, not only this, but now i'm getting god awful flabby bursts of sound in my tracks. I'll attach some files...

I need to roll back to 1.4.4. Foolishly i accepted this current beta, in hope that it will soon be fixed, but now i need to rescue my live set and get the hell out of here. I'll back up my sounds, beats and projects from this OS, but what do you guys think is the best way to roll back my live set to 1.4.4?? Write all settings on paper [e-fucking-gads], and re-enter every note and setting manually? Will the beats saved with this OS actually load into 1.4.4 does anybody know??

My live set consists of 6 voices per song (beat) and i've only stored 5 beats so far.

Can anybody from DSI give any indication of where they're at in regards to fixing this issue, or how long it may take?
If i spend a few hours writing down settings, beat info etc, then a new problem solving OS is released, I'll be devastated, it's bad enough already. Yes, it's my fault for even migrating my set to this OS, but I just need to fix it for now. Never again. I don't need syncing LFOs for now. Just get me the hell out of here.

WAit, you didn't do a full sysx dump of your Tempest and all its settings before you jumped into the beta?

« Reply #679 on: May 25, 2017, 10:27:24 AM »
Moderated: please keep it cordial guys!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 11:01:12 AM by cbmd »