Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports

Re: Tempest Main 1.4.5.6 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #600 on: May 09, 2017, 10:38:25 AM »
I've checked in shop an am unable to replicate this behavior, though I have re saved my init sound/beat files through the debug menu.  This may be the missing bit which is causing the unexpected behavior.

It's good to note that saving the init project to the factory directory does not save the project as the default initalized project.  Once you have made a INIT sound and INIT beat, they must be saved as the default initialized files in the debug menu.

Let me know if there is any change after doing so.

In my case I did save a new init sound/beat as you detailed earlier in Reply #564.  So I'm not totally sure that's the missing piece, but I'll keep testing later and see if I can get it to happen again.  Thanks!

RobH

« Reply #601 on: May 09, 2017, 11:15:54 AM »
Ah so i installed the new 1.4.5.6 and all my patches have +7 attack and +7 decay on all my sounds not sure its just those that were 0 attack and decay or if its added 7 to every sounds. Oh well not so bad for me but if i was gigging and relying on the T as a part of a show i'd be wounded.

Is there a way to avoid this in the future??

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #602 on: May 09, 2017, 11:17:53 AM »
+7 attack on which envelope?  Is this present on all projects?  What version were the sounds in question created on?
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

RobH

« Reply #603 on: May 09, 2017, 11:22:37 AM »
+7 attack on which envelope?  Is this present on all projects?  What version were the sounds in question created on?

On attack and decay on every envelope*, seems to only be the one project i was working on was created a while back last saved in the 1.4.5.5.

Would you like the project in question?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 11:27:10 AM by RobH »

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #604 on: May 09, 2017, 11:35:50 AM »
Do the envelopes return to the correct values if you go back to 1.4.5.5? 
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

RobH

« Reply #605 on: May 09, 2017, 11:37:16 AM »
Do the envelopes return to the correct values if you go back to 1.4.5.5?

I'll try that. Also there seems to be quite few decays dialed in at 27 as well, looking over all the envelopes i dont think i put those values in as many as they are, i'll go see if they return to normal 2 mins.

edit - No they don't return to normal when i go back to 1.4.5.5.

Also still when i upload a new OS to my Tempest the sliders still do not reach the top they always stop just one after the middle i'll attach a photo from my phone to show.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 11:41:45 AM by RobH »

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #606 on: May 09, 2017, 11:54:11 AM »
Could you have possibly altered the beat wide parameters and then saved the project?  This would explain all envelopes getting set to a singular value if their initial attack/decay were at zero.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

RobH

« Reply #607 on: May 09, 2017, 11:59:44 AM »
This is where my T stops when uploading a OS, even after i have done calibration and parameter resets.

RobH

« Reply #608 on: May 09, 2017, 12:02:04 PM »
Could you have possibly altered the beat wide parameters and then saved the project?  This would explain all envelopes getting set to a singular value if their initial attack/decay were at zero.

Oh, yes that could have happened I did not realise it worked in that way, so the beat wide parameters are become permament if you save the project and then the beat wide parameter defaults back to 0???

Ok yes that would explain it as i have moved some envelopes beat wide recently i didn't realise i'd saved it though, ok, yes that would explain it. Thanks man

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #609 on: May 09, 2017, 12:02:36 PM »
The sliders not going all the way to the top does not indicate an issue specifically.  Just wait for the slider to increment up and stop moving for 5-10 seconds.

Cool, glad to hear that the envelope behavior was likely related to beatwide parameters not being reset before the project was saved.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #610 on: May 09, 2017, 02:10:56 PM »
I did save init beats and sound. I just saved an init project so I didnt have to recreate it. Of course the T was restarted after a reformat;)

It just appears out of nowhere (seamingly random).

I'll reformat.... Reboot T. Calibrate OSC. Rest settings. Reboot. Calibrate pads. Reboot. save new initi beat/sound/project.

Then let you know;) Any thruth to a calibration may be needed to be done three times? I recall a post from Someone here saying it was a myth.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #611 on: May 09, 2017, 08:55:00 PM »
Any thruth to a calibration may be needed to be done three times? I recall a post from Someone here saying it was a myth.
Ah!That myth from the old dayz 8) Nice memories!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 08:58:33 PM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

LucidSFX

• Soundcloud
« Reply #612 on: May 09, 2017, 10:35:17 PM »
Thanks;) Tell me about it! I HAD to ask cause the drop outs are random.

BTW - I followed my steps above and so far so good. Will run for a few hours in a couple of days.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #613 on: May 10, 2017, 02:13:55 AM »
Every time i use Ableton 9.7 as the master, and Tempest (1.4.5.6) as slave and 'sound module', i.e. sequence from Live... when i stop play - the sound of one or more of my pads changes slightly, or adds a very high pitch or noise along with the existing sound, on the same pad. So if i stop play, the sound changes, I can then trigger the pads manually and the noise is there... I hit play again, the noise is still there... i then go to beats page and hit another beat quickly, then back to the beat i was on, and the sounds go back to normal. Anyone ever experienced something like this?

« Reply #614 on: May 10, 2017, 03:32:13 AM »
Hello everyone,
while operating my unit in standalone via headphones I get a high noisy tone added to my sequence everytime I switch to 16 mutes mode. The noise goes away after returning to 16 Sounds or 16 beats modes. But it also is slightly audible in 16 time steps mode. I am not shure if this happens since installing 1.4.5.6 but I didn't notice this behavior before. Could this be because I loaded a beat from an earlier beta (1.4.5.5)?

kind regards

RobH

« Reply #615 on: May 10, 2017, 09:52:47 AM »
Every time i use Ableton 9.7 as the master, and Tempest (1.4.5.6) as slave and 'sound module', i.e. sequence from Live... when i stop play - the sound of one or more of my pads changes slightly, or adds a very high pitch or noise along with the existing sound, on the same pad. So if i stop play, the sound changes, I can then trigger the pads manually and the noise is there... I hit play again, the noise is still there... i then go to beats page and hit another beat quickly, then back to the beat i was on, and the sounds go back to normal. Anyone ever experienced something like this?

I've not experienced anything like this as yet but i'm just using my T as a sound box and not a sequencer right now, using Live 9.7.2 PC 64bit tho i'll do some sequencing later see what pops up

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #616 on: May 10, 2017, 10:30:21 AM »

Check that no unexpected MIDI CC data is being set to the Tempest which would alter the Beat Wide Parameters.  From what you describe, this seems like the likely culprit.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #617 on: May 11, 2017, 04:10:54 AM »
SWING, TIME SIGNATURE and/or BEAT TRANSITION Bug?

Hi All,

After some communication with DSI, they are indicating to me that the following bug is indigenous to my Tempest only. But as you can see I am using nothing but factory standards and settings. So if you get the chance could you please try the following test out and supply your feedback. The test below seems to indicate a problem with swing/time signatures and transitions, and might not be Play List dependent as the Play List is acting as a means to analyse it.

TEMPEST SETUP:
System OS: Main OS 1.4.5.6, Voice OS 1.5, Panel OS 1.3 and SAM OS 1.1

Power cycle Tempest
Load Factory Project (I am using Bag & Glow)
Initialize Project
Reset System Parameters
Press ’SYSTEM’ again
Check System Swing set as BEAT
In 16 BEATS MODE enter the following SWING data into the pads
A1 – 56.3%
A2 – 60.4%
A3 – 64.6%
Select ‘BEAT PAD ‘A1
Press ‘ERASE’ and ‘COPY’ to enter ‘EDIT’ mode and select ’10. Change Time Signature’ and set the following BEAT/TIME SIGNATURE data.
A1 – 4/4 8 Bars
Select ‘BEAT PAD ‘A2
Press ‘ERASE’ and ‘COPY’ to enter ‘EDIT’ mode and select ’10. Change Time Signature’ and enter the following BEAT/TIME SIGNATURE data.
A2 – 4/4 6 Bars
Select ‘BEAT PAD ‘A3
Press ‘ERASE’ and ‘COPY’ to enter ‘EDIT’ mode and select ’10. Change Time Signature’ and enter the following BEAT/TIME SIGNATURE data.
A3 – 4/4 4 Bars
Press ‘PLAY LIST’ and ‘EVENTS’ to enter Play List Mode
Enter the following Steps
1 | 1/Basic Beat – 8 Bars (Bar 1)
2 | 2/Basic Beat – 6 Bars (Bar 9)
3 | 3/Basic Beat – 4 Bars (Bar 15)
Ensure the ‘END’ (soft knob 4 is set to ‘Loop to Step 1’

PRESS PLAY… (Note: I’ve had it freeze here a couple of time when Play pressed, but this is very rare).
About once every 6 plays of the ‘LOOP’ you will get a skip (I have actually gone quite a while before loops skips).
You will have to concentrate and watch the time stamp. The skip usually happens at Bar 8 and skips to Bar 13 or, Bar 14 and skips to Bar 17.

If and when the skip happens Power Cycle Tempest and repeat above to make it happen again.

Any help is gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.

« Reply #618 on: May 11, 2017, 07:16:13 PM »
The 'SWING, TIME SIGNATURE and/or BEAT TRANSITION Bug' mentioned in the previous post, has now been clarified and is being investigated further by DSI.

LucidSFX

• Soundcloud
« Reply #619 on: May 12, 2017, 09:34:15 PM »
BTW - I followed my steps above and so far so good. Will run for a few hours in a couple of days.
UPDATE
Happy to report no voice loss...hopefully was just a minor glitch that a recalibration was needed.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)