Thanks for your reply John.

I'm having these problems on version Main [beta] OS 1.4.4b

Cheers

Re: Tempest Main 1.4.4b and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #361 on: February 22, 2017, 11:36:30 PM »
Thanks for your reply John.

I'm having these problems on version Main [beta] OS 1.4.4b

Cheers

Okay, but there's more than one operating system.  The new beta will not run correctly if you have not also updated the 'Voice' OS to version 1.5.  So again, as per my question above, can you please confirm that you're 'System Information' indicates the following:

Main 1.4.4
Voice 1.5
Panel 1.3
Sam 1.1

I've run more tests here, and I'm simply not having these issues with my Tempest.

Cheers!

« Reply #362 on: February 23, 2017, 01:39:58 AM »
If the 'Play List' and 'Events' buttons are highlighted, pressing any button such as '16 beats' leaves the 'Events' screen and the 'Events' button active. The only solution I found to this is to reboot the system.

When assigning a specific wave shape to both osc1 and osc2 and configuring amp envelope, changing again the wave shape of osc1 or osc2 doesn't change anything to the sound although the wave shape changes on the screen.

Slope parameter doesn't appear to function on osc1 and osc2 as increasing the value of this parameter doesn't change anything to the sound.

All are working fine for me here check your system as John said..

« Reply #363 on: February 23, 2017, 05:26:55 PM »
When in playback beats mode, rehitting the playing beat pad (which resets parameters) it also causes the fx sliders and mixer pots become inactive until a different beat is loaded. Basically, you make a filter sweep or two live, reload the beat and no more filter effects available again. I happens near 100% of the time when struck twice..    Btw... I love my tempest :)

Hi Shane,

I was unable to make this happen on my Tempest.  I just mangled a beat beyond recognition with the pots and sliders, reloaded it by hitting its pad as you've described, yet the beat parameters reset perfectly and the FX sliders all my panel controls continue to work as expected.

What OS are you running; and if it's the latest beta, have you also updated the 'Voice' OS to version 1.5?

Cheers!

« Reply #364 on: February 23, 2017, 10:40:47 PM »

Main 1.4.4
Voice 1.5
Panel 1.3
Sam 1.1

I've run more tests here, and I'm simply not having these issues with my Tempest.

Cheers!

I have re-updated the Os and voice.

Playlist events problem disappeared.

Slope problem still there as Slope has still no effect.

BUT new major problem appeared: when loading any beat, the record button is flashing quickly but the red Led doesn't stay active and impossible to record. This is crazy !! Hope you can solve this as I can't record anything !!

The system information is now displaying the following:

Main 1.4.4
Voice 1.5
Panel 1.3
OS 1.1

« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 11:29:15 PM by adsrchris »

« Reply #365 on: February 24, 2017, 12:05:50 AM »
Did the update finished succefully?Have you calibrated with all cables unplugged?If yes then you should contact support there maybe an issue with your Tempest..

Main 1.4.4
Voice 1.5
Panel 1.3
Sam 1.1

Cheers!

BUT new major problem appeared: when loading any beat, the record button is flashing quickly but the red Led doesn't stay active and impossible to record. This is crazy !! Hope you can solve this as I can't record anything !!

Main 1.4.4
Voice 1.5
Panel 1.3
OS 1.1

« Reply #366 on: February 24, 2017, 01:03:12 AM »

Main 1.4.4
Voice 1.5
Panel 1.3
Sam 1.1

Cheers!

Main 1.4.4
Voice 1.5
Panel 1.3
OS 1.1

Okay, first of all, it's "slop" not "slope", and it is a very subtle effect that you would not likely hear when listening to a single oscillator on its own.  You would not be the first person to claim that it's broken, when in fact it is working as it should.

As for the record light not staying lit and not being able to record, this sounds to me like you're trying to record in either '16 Beats' mode or '16 Mutes' mode.  You cannot record in either of those modes, and as a consequence the record button will not stay lit.

The rapid blinking of the record LED when loading a beat, however, is not intended behavior; nor is it a bug in the current Beta OS; that is to say, I have not experienced this issue despite extensive testing and general use.  It may, however, indicate that your update was somehow corrupted.  It is not recommended that you re-flash the same operating system, so perhaps downgrade to a previous incarnation, then try updating again (I would also recommend that you download the OS files anew to be sure that you don't have a corrupt copy).  If the problem persists after reinstalling both operating systems, that may point to a hardware fault; in which case I would recommend contacting DSI support.

Cheers!

INSTALLATION NOTE: It is recommended to calibrate the oscillators/filters and reset the system parameters after installing a Main and/or Voice OS update. These functions can be found in the system menu.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 01:11:40 AM by John the Savage »

BTS.WRKNG

« Reply #367 on: February 24, 2017, 07:26:47 AM »
INSTALLATION NOTE: It is recommended to...reset the system parameters after installing a Main and/or Voice OS update.

This came up somewhere else in here recently and on that particular comment/thread it turned out to be a mistake, but now that I see it again here I'm wondering because I'm a curious person what the benefit is of resetting system parameters after an OS update, or what potential problem(s) it safeguards against.

I can see the downside: I'll lose and have to re-set all my settings for MIDI clock/transport/port/channel/etc., which is hardly the end of the world.

Again, just curious.

« Reply #368 on: February 24, 2017, 02:17:58 PM »
Thanks John.

Resetting the system parameters did fix the record issue in 16 sounds more. Still having this problem in 16 beats mode although a I'm not sure if the record button is supposed to work in 16 beats mode.

Cheers

« Reply #369 on: February 24, 2017, 03:21:25 PM »
As John said:
"As for the record light not staying lit and not being able to record, this sounds to me like you're trying to record in either '16 Beats' mode or '16 Mutes' mode.  You cannot record in either of those modes, and as a consequence the record button will not stay lit."
Still having this problem in 16 beats mode although a I'm not sure if the record button is supposed to work in 16 beats mode.

« Reply #370 on: February 24, 2017, 04:00:04 PM »
INSTALLATION NOTE: It is recommended to...reset the system parameters after installing a Main and/or Voice OS update.

This came up somewhere else in here recently and on that particular comment/thread it turned out to be a mistake, but now that I see it again here I'm wondering because I'm a curious person what the benefit is of resetting system parameters after an OS update, or what potential problem(s) it safeguards against.

I can see the downside: I'll lose and have to re-set all my settings for MIDI clock/transport/port/channel/etc., which is hardly the end of the world.

Again, just curious.

Well, technically it should not be necessary; and for the record, the latest beta does not require a system re-set in order to work properly.  I do, however, recommend taking this step when troubleshooting a persistent issue or suspected bug, in order to eliminate as many user-error scenarios as possible (wink).

Cheers!

« Reply #371 on: March 01, 2017, 05:31:05 AM »
While playing a custom playlist with sequencer, one or two notes appear although these were not initially recorded in the sequence.

« Reply #372 on: March 01, 2017, 05:08:03 PM »
While playing a custom playlist with sequencer, one or two notes appear although these were not initially recorded in the sequence.

What does this mean?

Where do the notes appear?  When do they appear?  What was the sequence of events leading up-to the appearance of these rogue notes?  And by "notes" do you mean steps on the sequencer, random pitches within the melody you recorded, random rhythm elements within the beat, different sounds altogether... What specifically?  What mode were you in when it happened?  What screen were you looking at?  Are these unwanted notes audible or just represented graphically on the 'Events' screen, or lighting up on the pads in '16 Time Steps' mode?

I have to be honest, Chris; every so-called "bug" you've reported thus far has proven to be user error, and your descriptions of them have not been very helpful.  If you're going to report a bug, and you want someone to take the time to test and confirm it, you really need to be more thorough and at very least use the proper terminology; otherwise we can't help you.

It's not that I don't appreciate or empathize with the fact that you're having issues with your Tempest - hell, that's why this thread exists - but seriously, man, a little help please.  I cannot read your mind (wink).

Cheers!

« Reply #373 on: March 03, 2017, 06:22:33 PM »
Thanks for taking time to check and respond. I was and am running Os1.4b with voice 1.5. I just reset all parameters and calibrated everything. The issue I describe is still occurring. I neglected to mention that it happens only when in 'play list' mode. If i adjust parameters and reset the same beat (to reset parameters), the knobs and sliders fail to operate. If i toggle off 'playlist' once this happens, it makes no difference. I have 'roll' on slider one and when the slider it isnt working, the 'roll' button still does. This problem resolves itself once a different beat loads via 'playlist' or manually. If i undo playlist mode when this occurs, it will right itself AFTER i manually switch to another beat.
When in playback beats mode, rehitting the playing beat pad (which resets parameters) it also causes the fx sliders and mixer pots become inactive until a different beat is loaded. Basically, you make a filter sweep or two live, reload the beat and no more filter effects available again. I happens near 100% of the time when struck twice..    Btw... I love my tempest :)

Hi Shane,

I was unable to make this happen on my Tempest.  I just mangled a beat beyond recognition with the pots and sliders, reloaded it by hitting its pad as you've described, yet the beat parameters reset perfectly and the FX sliders all my panel controls continue to work as expected.

What OS are you running; and if it's the latest beta, have you also updated the 'Voice' OS to version 1.5?

Cheers!

« Reply #374 on: March 03, 2017, 08:51:36 PM »
Thanks for taking time to check and respond. I was and am running Os1.4b with voice 1.5. I just reset all parameters and calibrated everything. The issue I describe is still occurring. I neglected to mention that it happens only when in 'play list' mode. If i adjust parameters and reset the same beat (to reset parameters), the knobs and sliders fail to operate. If i toggle off 'playlist' once this happens, it makes no difference. I have 'roll' on slider one and when the slider it isnt working, the 'roll' button still does. This problem resolves itself once a different beat loads via 'playlist' or manually. If i undo playlist mode when this occurs, it will right itself AFTER i manually switch to another beat.

Hi Shane,

Cheers!

Ah, okay, I did not test this in playlist mode.  I'm on the road without my Tempest at the moment, but I will test this as soon as I can,  Unless Roger Linn would like to beat me to it (wink, wink - no pun intended - smirk)?

Cheers!

« Reply #375 on: March 03, 2017, 09:00:56 PM »
I'm on the road without my Tempest at the moment, but I will test this as soon as I can,  Unless Roger Linn would like to beat me to it (wink, wink - no pun intended - smirk)?
Sorry--  no can do. I'm also on the road without my Tempest. I'm in Portland showing LinnStrument tomorrow (Saturday) at Sync02.

idm

« Reply #376 on: March 05, 2017, 05:02:40 AM »
Great to see you follow the thread Roger! Hope everything went splendid yesterday :)

A very noticeable bug I found, which does need a confirmation. Hopefully it's not just my unit.

When an LFo is set to sync (beat/play mode) it will still drift away on longer notes. Pretty randomly too.

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #377 on: March 05, 2017, 07:42:54 AM »
I can confirmed this. LFO stability is lost. It also screws up in sound mode when pressing other sounds. The timing is totally off. I was using the LFO on OSC 3/4 for  a CHH / OHH pattern where the LFO would alrernate level...no dice. The LFO even when using sync is not properly syncing. Meaning if you have the Square LFO to symc to 8ths and you laydown 8th notes, setup mods to have OSC 3/4 alternate level to LFO the payern is way off. I also feel that the LFO's arent snappy / sharpe enough.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #378 on: March 05, 2017, 04:00:10 PM »
Great to see you follow the thread Roger! Hope everything went splendid yesterday :)

A very noticeable bug I found, which does need a confirmation. Hopefully it's not just my unit.

When an LFo is set to sync (beat/play mode) it will still drift away on longer notes. Pretty randomly too.

This bug is already on the list, guys:

·      LFO sync drifts when set to either 'Beat' or 'Play', and dotted eighths remains missing from the sync options.

I do personally feel as though it's one of the must fix issues, and I've been pushing for it from the outset; but it keeps getting passed over by DSI.

Cheers!

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #379 on: March 05, 2017, 04:28:08 PM »
Yes this is a must fix issue.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest