Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports

cbmd

• Sequential
Re: Tempest Main 1.4.4b and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #340 on: December 07, 2016, 11:45:23 AM »
It is not advised that you load a project saved in the 1.4.4b OS into prior OS versions.

My apologies for the mistype, I meant to write  EXPORT PROJECT OVER MIDI. I did check the EXPORT PROJECT OVER MIDI parameter over USB and MIDI DIN and have found it to be working.  I've just double checked its operation.  I cannot speak to Roger's testing, but it is working here.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #341 on: December 08, 2016, 08:11:09 AM »
"the sequence sent from cubase should not get back to cubase"

It doesn't..I'm controlling Groove Agent with the Tempest Pads while Cubase is sequencing Tempest all in two channel 10 tracks.
You must have something misconfigured.
Cheers

hey! i think i manage to isolate the bug. if Pad to Note Mode is set to Sounds, the midi routing works just fine, i assume that how you have it set up danx, incoming midi does not get through.
Now, If you set the Pad to Note Mode to Follow Pad Function it will re transmit the incoming midi to midi out (All this on usb, haven't tried this with midi din as i currently have only one midi cable here), even if the Pad Function is set to 16 sounds on the front pannel, that how i were using it. Can you confirm this please danx?

if so the workaround is very easy and this is a minor bug then, but a bug still.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 08:13:23 AM by sata_fortuna »

« Reply #342 on: December 28, 2016, 06:29:28 AM »
Hi,
since i updated my Tempest, in 16 sounds mode, i can't change the sound folder of a pad.
For example if A1 is "crash", i can change the sound for anything, for example " Bass", i can change the sound with the sound folder and load sound function but the type of sound of the pad rest "fixed" .in my example, i have a sound of a Bass in A1 pad, with the name "Crash" .
Thank you in advance.

« Reply #343 on: December 29, 2016, 02:20:49 AM »
Hi,
since i updated my Tempest, in 16 sounds mode, i can't change the sound folder of a pad.
For example if A1 is "crash", i can change the sound for anything, for example " Bass", i can change the sound with the sound folder and load sound function but the type of sound of the pad rest "fixed" .in my example, i have a sound of a Bass in A1 pad, with the name "Crash" .
Thank you in advance.

You're looking for the 'Shift' button there, slashy (wink).

Cheers!

« Reply #344 on: December 29, 2016, 03:39:02 AM »
Hi,
Thank you in advance.

Thank you so much... !  :)

You're looking for the 'Shift' button there, slashy (wink).

Cheers!

Re: Tempest Main 1.4.2.5b and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #345 on: January 06, 2017, 02:34:18 PM »
Yup!  Just turn the amp env and velocity amount to zero.  The sound will not steal a voice and will still send MIDI note data to the MIDI output.

This works fine on 1.4. but i have some strange behavior with this on the latest beta. i have to assign the midi track to a voice, otherwise it won't send midi notes and then it does steal this voice. why could this be?

« Reply #346 on: January 07, 2017, 01:50:05 AM »
I don't know if this issue was reported already, but I have it happening with my Tempest.
When I change the beat at "16 beats" mode, the sounds playing are not displayed at "16 sounds" mode. The illumination of sounds starts with a latency, after 5-6 seconds. This problem disappears after reboot, but then appears again after Tempest is turned on for a while.

https://youtu.be/QzfWgMwZtw0 This is a video of this issue happening. I change the beat at 0:20, the illumination starts only at 0:27.

« Reply #347 on: January 10, 2017, 07:25:55 PM »
hey carson and roger

think i found another bug on 1.4.4b

(my bust if this is known – have tried to keep my eyes on this thread and deeply appreciate everyone else's sleuthing as well as your attentiveness!)

when tempest is in slave mode from usb (e.g. from a daw), and when a sequence is currently playing, the sequencer loses time whenever i change sounds (i.e. 'load sound') into a pad. i have to start from scratch.

thank you!
nick

« Reply #348 on: January 15, 2017, 12:21:33 PM »
Yup!  Just turn the amp env and velocity amount to zero.  The sound will not steal a voice and will still send MIDI note data to the MIDI output.

This works fine on 1.4. but i have some strange behavior with this on the latest beta. i have to assign the midi track to a voice, otherwise it won't send midi notes and then it does steal this voice. why could this be?

I've been looking all over for a solution I'm happy that I'm not alone with this problem. It's a vital function in my live show to route the tempest's midi to other synths. Do you think you could reproduce this one, Carson?

« Reply #349 on: January 15, 2017, 01:50:39 PM »

I've been looking all over for a solution I'm happy that I'm not alone with this problem. It's a vital function in my live show to route the tempest's midi to other synths. Do you think you could reproduce this one, Carson?

I'm in contact with support and was told reset the system parameters. I'll do this later this week.

idm

« Reply #350 on: January 23, 2017, 12:27:20 AM »
So far this beta seems pretty stable. Loving the tempest :). Found a couple of bugs though:

- When setting the compressor parameters attack through amount via the screen (for the compression envelope)and you turn the tempest off and on again, the settings will be displayed as they were, but in reality they are all at 0. You have to move the knobs a little and then it goes back to where i've set it.
- While playing a sequence, when in pad screen mode, setting "loop screen" will make the tempest flip out for a milisecond. All pads light up andthe beat will stutter, It doesn't seem to go out of time though.
- While playing a sequence, when I press save/load the sequence jumps out of time. Minor bug, since saving/loading stops the sequence anyway.

« Reply #351 on: January 28, 2017, 06:10:31 AM »
So far this beta seems pretty stable. Loving the tempest :). Found a couple of bugs though:

- While playing a sequence, when in pad screen mode, setting "loop screen" will make the tempest flip out for a milisecond. All pads light up andthe beat will stutter, It doesn't seem to go out of time though.

I think I have a similar problem. I often use a little portable sequencer (Yamaha QY100) to jot down ideas. I connected it to the Tempest (using the Tempest as the master clock) to transfer various beats from the QY100.

It seems when changing beats the Tempest kinda mutes the sounds or hesitates but doesn't seem to go out of time. I created a playlist anyway and it also does it when it plays back too.
https://soundcloud.com/the-aural

https://www.facebook.com/auralproductions/

Ensoniq SQ80, Kawai K5, Yamaha CS6x & DX200, Alesis ion, Akai Z4, DSI gear: {Evolver Desktop, Poly Evolver Keyboard, Mopho x4, Tempest}, Waldorf Blofeld & Streichfett, Moog Freqbox, Roland R8 & R8m

« Reply #352 on: February 03, 2017, 05:49:38 AM »

I resolved this problem. It seems there was some timing conflict when using the QY100 as the master clock, if I remember correctly.

I think I have a similar problem. I often use a little portable sequencer (Yamaha QY100) to jot down ideas. I connected it to the Tempest (using the Tempest as the master clock) to transfer various beats from the QY100.

It seems when changing beats the Tempest kinda mutes the sounds or hesitates but doesn't seem to go out of time. I created a playlist anyway and it also does it when it plays back too.
https://soundcloud.com/the-aural

https://www.facebook.com/auralproductions/

Ensoniq SQ80, Kawai K5, Yamaha CS6x & DX200, Alesis ion, Akai Z4, DSI gear: {Evolver Desktop, Poly Evolver Keyboard, Mopho x4, Tempest}, Waldorf Blofeld & Streichfett, Moog Freqbox, Roland R8 & R8m

« Reply #353 on: February 13, 2017, 11:29:34 PM »
It is not advised that you load a project saved in the 1.4.4b OS into prior OS versions.

My apologies for the mistype, I meant to write  EXPORT PROJECT OVER MIDI. I did check the EXPORT PROJECT OVER MIDI parameter over USB and MIDI DIN and have found it to be working.  I've just double checked its operation.  I cannot speak to Roger's testing, but it is working here.

Hi,

I tried to transfer sysex sounds from previous OS versions (such as the original factory patches and the 'the 'Various Tempest Patches.zip') but it doesn't appear to work with OS 1.4.0. I'm new to the Tempest and might miss something.

Currently using MIDI-OX under PC (Buffer set to 1024, Tempest MIDI device selected over USB, Sysex file send option used for the transfer) with USB cable and managed to load the new factory sounds (1.4) without any problem.

The Tempest screen stays blocked on "Receiving sound file" and once the transfer is finished in MIDI-OX, the Tempest screens remains with the same message and no key does respond. So, I have to switch off my Tempest.

Any idea how I could get these transferred to the Tempest under OS 1.4.0 ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

« Reply #354 on: February 15, 2017, 06:56:37 PM »
This came up in another thread, so I thought I might as well post and updated version of the bug-list here as well...

Bugs remaining as of Feb. 15, 2017:

·       If you accidentally hit the 16 Beats or 16 Mutes button first, when trying to enter 16 tunings or 16 Levels mode, the Roll function automatically disengages – mode changes should happen upon the button’s release in order to prevent this.

·       In 16 Tunings mode, when the sequencer is stopped, both adding and releasing notes interrupts the Arp causing it to reset and fall out of sync.

·       In 16 Levels mode, when the sequencer is stopped, the Arp allows notes to be triggered outside of the selected quantize value, which creates undesirable flams when trying to depress multiple notes at once, or when adding new notes to the arpeggio.  Also, both adding and releasing notes interrupts the Arp causing it to reset and fall out of sync.

·       When recording with the Arp in 16 Levels mode, the held pads blink in succession with each note trigger as expected; but after the first pass of the sequence is recorded, only pad 16 blinks.  *In all other Arp modes, the pads continue to blink in the order they were depressed/recorded as expected.

·      When switching beats on-the-fly, the first step of the sequencer-out is consistently late; so if you're triggering a sample loop on the one, every time you switch beats on the Tempest, it will be out of sync for the first pass.  *This is an invasive fix.

·      Tempest starts one midi clock late or early depending on various conditions of the sync source or Tempest modes.  *This is an invasive fix.

·      If you hold 'Shift' and turn the Compressor knob to get into the compressor menu, you can no longer get back to the Mixer screen.

·      Compressor Envelope 'Amount' only goes from -64 to +127 instead of -/+127.

·      Regardless of what value is set and saved, every time the Tempest is power cycled the Compressor Envelope 'Peak Hold' parameter changes to match the value of the 'Amount' parameter.

·      After a power cycle, all the Compressor Envelope parameters display at the correct value as saved (*with the exception of 'Peak Hold' – see above); however, in actuality they are zeroed, and will otherwise remain that way until each parameter is revisited and its value is moved by at least one increment.

·      When Slider Mode is set to 'Real-time', only FX1 Slider is affected. FX2/3/4 sliders are always 'Step' regardless of this parameter setting.

·      Using Mod Paths for external MIDI sound control results in intermittent affect on the sound.  *Causes are unclear, but the bug occurs more frequently on playback of a Beat with many sounds.

·      When playing a Beat containing held notes of an ADSR sound, if you turn on Bank B while 1) a note is playing and 2) a different sound is selected, the playing note's pad sticks on.

·      LFO sync drifts when set to either 'Beat' or 'Play', and dotted eighths remains missing from the sync options.

·      The sequencer-out still doesn't trigger notes in real-time: i.e. it only sends trigger information after the sequence is recorded, which essentially means that you're recording deaf.

·      Beat roll still doesn't swing.

·      A sound folder is still need to correspond with the pad name "Synth".

·      When adding or copying steps via the Events Screen, the Pad lights do not correlate correctly in 16 Time Steps mode.

·      In 16 Mutes mode, on the Pads screen, although you are still able to select a sound (holding shift and hitting a pad) it is not reflected graphically on the display.  This could be fixed if the display matched the style of the Mixer screen.

·       The Mute/Solo/Delay buttons should perform their functions in both the 16 Mutes/Pads and 16 Mutes/Mixer screens.

·      Mutes “All On” should be available on the mixer screen in both 16 Mutes and 16 Sounds Mode.

·      In the System Menu > MIDI Remote Pad Play > when 'Pad To Note Mode' is set to 'Mutes', if a note number is received that is one of the 'Bank B' assignments on that page, it is treated as the 'Bank A' assignment of the same number.  For example, if Pad B1 is assigned to note# 80, and Pad A1 is assigned to note# 69, sending Tempest note# 80 will toggle the mute of pad A1.

·      The “Undo All Sounds” functionality needs to be better implemented or otherwise removed.  It is currently awkward, buggy, and a liability on account of the fact that it uses the 'Undo Rec' as a 'SHIFT' function.

·      When you set System > UI Preferences > Solo/Mute behavior to 'Seq only', if you mute a pad that contains a sequence and then attempt to play that same sound live in 16 Tunings mode, turning the Mixer Level knob causes the sound to cut-out.

·      If you edit a project and then attempt to do a RAM dump via the 'Save/Load' screen: 7. Export Project over MIDI, the Tempest freezes.

·      In '16 Beats' mode, when trying to copy/paste beats by holding the 'copy' button, nothing happens if you attempt to 'paste' into the beat that is currently selected; whereas pasting into an unselected beat works as expected.

·      If you toggle the 'Reverse' button on and play a beat, it plays correctly in reverse. However, if you then select a different Beat, the newly-selected beat does not play in reverse even though the 'Reverse' light is on.

·      While a sequence is playing, in '16 Time Steps' mode, on the 'Events' screen, disengaging the "Loop Screen" function causes the tempest flip-out for a second: i.e. all the pads light-up in rapid succession and the beat stutters.  Sync, however, is maintained.

Okay, the above list should accurately represent the Tempest’s status as of Beta OS 1.4.4bb.  I’ve removed any bugs that have recently been noted in the change-log as “fixed”, and have added any bugs that have been reported and confirmed since the last time I updated the list.  If I’ve missed anything, or if I’ve removed anything that has in fact not been fixed, please let me know.

Cheers!

« Reply #355 on: February 18, 2017, 06:55:46 PM »
When in playback beats mode, rehitting the playing beat pad (which resets parameters) it also causes the fx sliders and mixer pots become inactive until a different beat is loaded. Basically, you make a filter sweep or two live, reload the beat and no more filter effects available again. I happens near 100% of the time when struck twice..    Btw... I love my tempest :)

« Reply #356 on: February 22, 2017, 05:12:53 AM »
If the 'Play List' and 'Events' buttons are highlighted, pressing any button such as '16 beats' leaves the 'Events' screen and the 'Events' button active. The only solution I found to this is to reboot the system.

« Reply #357 on: February 22, 2017, 12:50:14 PM »
When assigning a specific wave shape to both osc1 and osc2 and configuring amp envelope, changing again the wave shape of osc1 or osc2 doesn't change anything to the sound although the wave shape changes on the screen.

« Reply #358 on: February 22, 2017, 12:51:41 PM »
Slope parameter doesn't appear to function on osc1 and osc2 as increasing the value of this parameter doesn't change anything to the sound.

« Reply #359 on: February 22, 2017, 05:59:19 PM »
If the 'Play List' and 'Events' buttons are highlighted, pressing any button such as '16 beats' leaves the 'Events' screen and the 'Events' button active. The only solution I found to this is to reboot the system.

When assigning a specific wave shape to both osc1 and osc2 and configuring amp envelope, changing again the wave shape of osc1 or osc2 doesn't change anything to the sound although the wave shape changes on the screen.

Slope parameter doesn't appear to function on osc1 and osc2 as increasing the value of this parameter doesn't change anything to the sound.

All of the above are working just fine on my Tempest.  What operating systems are you running?  This thread is for reporting bugs in Main [beta] OS 1.4.4bb and Voice OS 1.5 explicitly.  Please check your 'System Information' to confirm that you're running the latest operating systems.

Cheers!