Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports

Stoss

Re: Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #880 on: August 21, 2017, 07:45:17 AM »
OS 1.5.0.2

I wanted to report a DSI confirmed bug to this thread in case anyone else runs into it and wonders what is happening.

I sent this to DSI:
"I'm using realtime FX to control the parameters of a synth. When setting one of the four FX to use Slider Pressure 2, Slider Pressure 3, or Slider Pressure 4, it does not work in realtime. Slider Pressure 1 works as expected and so do the rest of + and +/- controls."

DSI responded with:
"I can confirm that realtime pressure on sliders 2/3/4 is not working correctly. I would be happy to add this to our bug list, though I have no information regarding when/whether this would be fixed."

BRE

« Reply #881 on: August 21, 2017, 05:07:10 PM »
OS 1.5.0.2

I wanted to report a DSI confirmed bug to this thread in case anyone else runs into it and wonders what is happening.

I sent this to DSI:
"I'm using realtime FX to control the parameters of a synth. When setting one of the four FX to use Slider Pressure 2, Slider Pressure 3, or Slider Pressure 4, it does not work in realtime. Slider Pressure 1 works as expected and so do the rest of + and +/- controls."

DSI responded with:
"I can confirm that realtime pressure on sliders 2/3/4 is not working correctly. I would be happy to add this to our bug list, though I have no information regarding when/whether this would be fixed."

Wait a min...they don't know  whether or not they're going to fix this bug? Minor graphical omissions I can give them a pass on, but not this. This is a major bug as it affects live performance. This needs to be fixed without question.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 05:09:07 PM by Tempest1 »
addicted

RobH

« Reply #882 on: August 21, 2017, 08:14:14 PM »
OS 1.5.0.2

I sent this to DSI:

DSI responded with:

Wait a min...they don't know  whether or not they're going to fix this bug? Minor graphical omissions I can give them a pass on, but not this. This is a major bug as it affects live performance. This needs to be fixed without question.

They've stopped developement on the Tempest OS the other day. Read the title of the thread.

BRE

« Reply #883 on: August 23, 2017, 08:16:49 PM »
OS 1.5.0.2

I sent this to DSI:

DSI responded with:

They've stopped developement on the Tempest OS the other day. Read the title of the thread.

I'm fully aware of the thread's title. This isn't a 'development' issue-nothing is getting added here. This is a fix for a serious performance bug. If they don't fix this, they've lost a customer.
addicted

RobH

« Reply #884 on: August 24, 2017, 08:07:35 AM »
OS 1.5.0.2

I sent this to DSI:

DSI responded with:

I'm fully aware of the thread's title. This isn't a 'development' issue-nothing is getting added here. This is a fix for a serious performance bug. If they don't fix this, they've lost a customer.

Where I say development maybe I should have said "coding" or "fixing". I got the impression that there would be no more versions of the OS so any new bugs would not be fixed. No new features have been added for some time so stopping the beta means stopping fixing any errors remaining in the OS.

BRE

« Reply #885 on: August 24, 2017, 04:28:15 PM »
OS 1.5.0.2

I sent this to DSI:

DSI responded with:

Where I say development maybe I should have said "coding" or "fixing". I got the impression that there would be no more versions of the OS so any new bugs would not be fixed. No new features have been added for some time so stopping the beta means stopping fixing any errors remaining in the OS.

Crazy though isn't it? I mean, Tempest is always marketed as a performance drum synth, and the sliders are used as the main modulation controls. To omit this fix of 3 pressure sliders not functioning properly is a real let down. Well, I have enough tools anyway, so my decision to cut DSI off is probably a good idea:)
addicted

RobH

« Reply #886 on: August 24, 2017, 05:36:46 PM »
What can i say. I've typed like 4 pages of different commentary now.

I think everyone probably feels the same.

« Reply #887 on: August 24, 2017, 05:49:30 PM »
OS 1.5.0.2

I sent this to DSI:

DSI responded with:

Crazy though isn't it? I mean, Tempest is always marketed as a performance drum synth, and the sliders are used as the main modulation controls. To omit this fix of 3 pressure sliders not functioning properly is a real let down. Well, I have enough tools anyway, so my decision to cut DSI off is probably a good idea:)

I believe Carson said 1.5.0.2 will most likely be the final OS, but I'm not sure if they've officially deemed that as final yet. So hopefully it gets fixed.  Personally that's not a make or break problem for me, but I can understand your frustration.

RobH

« Reply #888 on: August 24, 2017, 09:15:40 PM »
Well, the title of the thread says Final but if you read the thread it still says "beta" so, I guess we'll have to ask?

Is the current OS the very final iteration @CMBD or is there still a chance outstanding bugs of a critical nature will still be addressed?

Thanks

Stoss

« Reply #889 on: August 26, 2017, 11:28:44 AM »
I would have to think this is a situation where a coding error needs to be fixed, rather than a function that needs to be figured out. That should give us hope that they have the capability to correct the problem.

I think the biggest hurdle will be DSI's willingness to cross the line that has been drawn in the sand. They have worked hard to build the perception of closure on the development as a non-negotiable situation.

It is a rather glaring bug when a control just doesn't function. It would be a bizarre thing to have to live with, and from a customer service perspective, I don't get how you would field these type of inquiries, particularly from new owners buying brand new machines.

Here's hoping it bugs someone internally enough that they want it fixed!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 11:37:03 AM by Stoss »

« Reply #890 on: August 29, 2017, 02:06:27 AM »
OS 1.5.0.2

I sent this to DSI:

DSI responded with:

It's not just pressure that doesn't work in realtime guys, it's slider position as well.  Just to confirm, slider 1 position & pressure function both in step and realtime modes, both when sequencer is stopped & when playing.  Sliders 2 to 4 position & pressure only work in step mode, unless sequencer is stopped.  I would think that this should be an easy fix since the correct code is already in place for slider 1.  Should just be a case of referencing this for the remaining sliders.

RobH

« Reply #891 on: August 29, 2017, 08:11:33 AM »
OS 1.5.0.2

I sent this to DSI:

DSI responded with:

It's not just pressure that doesn't work in realtime guys, it's slider position as well.  Just to confirm, slider 1 position & pressure function both in step and realtime modes, both when sequencer is stopped & when playing.  Sliders 2 to 4 position & pressure only work in step mode, unless sequencer is stopped.  I would think that this should be an easy fix since the correct code is already in place for slider 1.  Should just be a case of referencing this for the remaining sliders.

I'm not sure exactly what you guys are experiencing, the sliders  on mine work when when assigned to pressure, they don't update until a new note is pressed on a synth but i thought thats how they always worked to be honest, my slider 1 work in the same way also it updates a new note. Should i be able to say change the cutoff of a single sustained note with the ribbons is this the problem?

All the sliders (posistion and pressure) seem to work on my Tempest right now if i assign them, any more info on this would be good so i can get to grips with whats going on and what should be going on. Thanks

(I don't normally ask for a video but maybe in this case it would be prudent)

edit - Ok so all my sliders work when assigned to pressure i've run through and checked them all, i've also checked them being assigned from different posistions in the note FX 1-4 and still seems fine, they update the next played note in realtime, they also effect any sequenced notes, what am i missing here? I've tried pitch and filtercutoff it seems fine pressure sliders working updating on every new note. I'm slightly confused?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 08:27:36 AM by RobH »

« Reply #892 on: August 29, 2017, 02:59:54 PM »
OS 1.5.0.2

I sent this to DSI:

DSI responded with:

I'm not sure exactly what you guys are experiencing, the sliders  on mine work when when assigned to pressure, they don't update until a new note is pressed on a synth but i thought thats how they always worked to be honest, my slider 1 work in the same way also it updates a new note. Should i be able to say change the cutoff of a single sustained note with the ribbons is this the problem?

All the sliders (posistion and pressure) seem to work on my Tempest right now if i assign them, any more info on this would be good so i can get to grips with whats going on and what should be going on. Thanks

edit - Ok so all my sliders work when assigned to pressure i've run through and checked them all, i've also checked them being assigned from different posistions in the note FX 1-4 and still seems fine, they update the next played note in realtime, they also effect any sequenced notes, what am i missing here? I've tried pitch and filtercutoff it seems fine pressure sliders working updating on every new note. I'm slightly confused?

The behaviour that we are referring to is set under System > UI Preferences > Sounds slider mode.  Sounds like yours is set to step instead of realtime.

RobH

« Reply #893 on: August 29, 2017, 03:07:06 PM »
OS 1.5.0.2

I sent this to DSI:

DSI responded with:

The behaviour that we are referring to is set under System > UI Preferences > Sounds slider mode.  Sounds like yours is set to step instead of realtime.

Yes your right, wow, all this time and i didn't even know that existed... I'm the worst beta tester i admit it...

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #894 on: August 29, 2017, 03:24:12 PM »
Well, I wouldn't say the worst....*grin*Jokes:)
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

RobH

« Reply #895 on: August 29, 2017, 04:29:14 PM »
Well, I wouldn't say the worst....*grin*Jokes:)

10/10 for effort though right xD

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #896 on: August 29, 2017, 04:42:55 PM »
More like a 9.2 Full score would have been given if you slammed the poster to RTFM...bonus points for name calling.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

BRE

« Reply #897 on: August 31, 2017, 02:44:20 PM »
Hi all,

Please post any bugs you might encounter on the Main 1.4.2.5b and Voice 1.5 OS files in this thread. 

We would appreciate if you would give a general description of the bug as well as detailed steps to reproduce.  This will make it easier to keep track of and resolve any potential issues prior to the OS' official release.

Thanks!

Hi Carson, today I updated my Tempest OS to 1.5.0.2 and the Voice OS to 1.5. Since then, there is a very noticeable lag when scrolling through menus to load sounds, beats or projects. Have you heard of this happening? Sometimes it's a couple of seconds before the screen redraws the characters on the screen. This only started occurring after I updated today. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

addicted

BRE

« Reply #898 on: September 01, 2017, 11:37:23 AM »
Hi all,

Please post any bugs you might encounter on the Main 1.4.2.5b and Voice 1.5 OS files in this thread. 

We would appreciate if you would give a general description of the bug as well as detailed steps to reproduce.  This will make it easier to keep track of and resolve any potential issues prior to the OS' official release.

Thanks!

Hi Carson, today I updated my Tempest OS to 1.5.0.2 and the Voice OS to 1.5. Since then, there is a very noticeable lag when scrolling through menus to load sounds, beats or projects. Have you heard of this happening? Sometimes it's a couple of seconds before the screen redraws the characters on the screen. This only started occurring after I updated today. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
addicted

Cole

« Reply #899 on: September 01, 2017, 11:45:32 AM »
I've got the same thing going on.