Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports

Re: Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #860 on: July 28, 2017, 08:00:04 PM »
Other issue which i found is according to changing sounds on the pads.

Try to do this:
1. Push A1, set (for example) User 2 folder / Sound X
2. Push A2, set (for example) Misc folder / Sound X
3. Go back to A1 and try to change your sound on this pad
4. Go back to A2 and try to change your sound on this pad

*Please do these steps using knobs under OLED Display.

As you can see, folders sound changed to other with other sounds. On my tempest it’s Perc folder with first sound on the list.

How it's working on your side?

Video attached below:

This is an old bug that was fixed in BETA 1.4.2.1b, so if it has resurfaced in the latest BETA it would be nice to see it fixed again.  As someone who auditions sounds live onstage, it's often little details like this that can prove the most disorienting.  And we fought really hard to get this addressed originally, so if it could be amended before the release of OS 1.5, that would be most appreciated.  Thanks.

Main OS 1.4.2.1b

1.  Fixed bug: In the 16 Sounds / Pads screen, the sounds displayed when the Load Sounds soft knob was turned were not alphabetized.
2.  Fixed bug: If a pad containing an ADSR sound was held during record for more than the maximum 255 ticks (about 2 1/2 bars), the recorded duration on playback was much shorter and unpredictable. Now such recorded long durations will always be the maximum 255 ticks long.
3.  Fixed bug: If the Arpeggiator and 16 Tunings were on while using an ADSR sound during record, the recorded notes should have durations equal to the Quantize setting, but they were twice as long.
4.  Fixed bug: If the Arpeggiator and 16 Tunings were on while using an ADSR sound, holding multiple tuning pads would result in all but the lowest-pitch pad play with durations shorter than the Quantize value.
5.  Fixed bug: As of the beta release of 1.4.0.15b, in the 16 Sounds / Pads screen, the Sound Folder (soft knob 3) and Sound Type (shift soft knob 3) are independent of each other. However, there were a case in which changing the Sound Folder would still change the Sound Type.
6.  Fixed bug: In Playlists, the maximum 99 steps could be exceeded.
7.  Fixed bug: If 16 Sounds was selected and a Note FX slider's pressure output was used to modulate a single sound, increasing pressure past halfway would switch to a negative modulation level due to a math error.
8.  Fixed bug: If 16 Sounds was selected and a finger was moved on a Note FX slider while the Playback button was off, the slider would affect the playback of recorded notes, which should only occur if Playback was on.
9.  As of the beta release of 1.4.0.15b, the default Save folder in the Save Project screen now defaults to the last loaded project folder, but not the last saved project folder. Now it defaults to the last loaded or last saved project folder.
10.  Fixed bug: In the 16 Tunings / Pads screen, if Roll was on then Soft Knob 2 (Octave) was not displayed.
11.  Fixed bug: If 16 Beats was selected and Beat FX1 slider’s pressure was assigned to BW All Osc Freq (to vary a beat’s overall pitch), light pressure would switch to a high pitch, then as pressure increased would increase the pitch then switch to a low pitch and increase from there to the original pitch. This problem is partly solved. Now a light pressure still switches to a high pitch but increasing the pressure continues increase the pitch.

Cheers!

My apologies, guys and gals, but I didn't realize there was a video attached to the original post.  What I see happening in the video is actually normal.  If you're coming to this functionality from OS 1.4, what has changed is that the default 'Sound Folder' is now automatically correlated with the Pad Name.  So you're free to load sounds from any folder, on any pad, at any time, but if you want to always be loading sounds from a specific folder on a given pad, you need to change the Pad Name to match the desired 'Sound Folder'.  You do this by holding shift, and you'll see the 'Sound Folder' parameter change to 'Sound Type'.

This does, however, bring to light what I considered a bug on my original list: i.e. there are Pad Names like "Synth" that don't have a 'Sound Folder' to correlate with, and 'Sound Folders' like "User1-4" and "Misc" that don't have Pad Names to match.  I would personally like to see a "Synth" folder added to the file system, followed by Pad Names that correlate with the "User" and "Misc" folders.  Thanks.

Cheers!

« Reply #861 on: July 29, 2017, 06:00:29 AM »
Good to see you back John!
Tim

« Reply #862 on: July 31, 2017, 04:07:51 PM »
In "16 Beats" mode, I am unable to use the Copy button to copy *to* the currently selected beat, even when playback is stopped. Is this expected?

Main OS: 1.5.0.2
Voice OS: 1.5
Panel OS: 1.3
Sam OS: 1.1

Repro steps:
- Select "16 Beats" and "Pads" (the Screens mode doesn't actually matter, but this makes it easy to see)
- Select Beat 1 and begin playback
- Hold the Copy button and confirm that the parameters across the top are: AB->AB, On, On, On
- While holding the Copy button, tap Pad 2 and then Pad 1 (to copy Beat 2 on top of Beat 1)
- Note that the selected pad name has not changed.
- Stop playback
- While holding the Copy button, tap Pad 2 and then Pad 1 (to copy Beat 2 on top of Beat 1)

Expected: Pad 1 would now hold Beat 2
Actual: Pad 1 still holds Beat 1.

If, instead of the "Copy" button, you use "4. Copy Beat" under the Edit menu, the beat is always copied to the destination pad. If playback was enabled, it is stopped by the copy (regardless of whether the destination pad was playing). That behavior is fine. It's just weird not being able to use the Copy button on the current selected Beat when playback is already stopped.

« Reply #863 on: August 01, 2017, 01:29:38 AM »
In "16 Beats" mode, I am unable to use the Copy button to copy *to* the currently selected beat, even when playback is stopped. Is this expected?

I reported this a while back, confirmed as a bug by Roger Linn. It should be on the list!
Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

RobH

« Reply #864 on: August 01, 2017, 09:39:31 AM »

Main OS: 1.5.0.2
Voice OS: 1.5
Panel OS: 1.3
Sam OS: 1.1

Repro steps:
- Select "16 Beats" and "Pads" (the Screens mode doesn't actually matter, but this makes it easy to see)
- Select Beat 1 and begin playback
- Hold the Copy button and confirm that the parameters across the top are: AB->AB, On, On, On
- Note that the selected pad name has not changed.
- Stop playback

Expected: Pad 1 would now hold Beat 2
Actual: Pad 1 still holds Beat 1.

If, instead of the "Copy" button, you use "4. Copy Beat" under the Edit menu, the beat is always copied to the destination pad. If playback was enabled, it is stopped by the copy (regardless of whether the destination pad was playing). That behavior is fine. It's just weird not being able to use the Copy button on the current selected Beat when playback is already stopped.

Confirmed. Seems only copying onto Pad A1 does not work i copied fine to every other pad counting back from Pad 16 to Pad 2 with no problems. No pad however would copy to A1.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #865 on: August 01, 2017, 10:20:27 AM »
This behavior is known and expected.  The idea is that one would not want to accidentally overwrite their currently selected beat when copying data. So you can copy from your currently selected beat, but not to the selected beat.

Hope this helps!
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

RobH

« Reply #866 on: August 01, 2017, 11:01:58 AM »
This behavior is known and expected.  The idea is that one would not want to accidentally overwrite their currently selected beat when copying data. So you can copy from your currently selected beat, but not to the selected beat.

Hope this helps!

What about the event follower are we just leaving that as graphical error?

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #867 on: August 01, 2017, 12:00:10 PM »
Yes, this appears to be a slight graphical issue which does not affect the Tempest's operation.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #868 on: August 03, 2017, 08:26:55 AM »
Getting a Tempest tomorrow (after 4 years of anticipation), could someone please confirm that the correct 4 most up to date OS files i should install are:

- Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 syx
- Tempest Voice 1.5 syx
- Tempest Panel 1.3 syx
- Tempest Sam 1.1 syx

I've read the majority of this thread and this seems to be the 4 correct ones to install. Please tell me otherwise if not.

Am I right in thinking there is a final OS update yet to come?

Cheers guys

And thanks cbmd for your goliath effort.  Much respect.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #869 on: August 03, 2017, 12:03:25 PM »
Yup, those are the most up to date OS versions.

The 1.5.0.2 OS will very likely be the final Tempest OS version.

Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

RobH

« Reply #870 on: August 03, 2017, 05:15:58 PM »
Well I guess thats the end of the beta testing here!

Thanks to Carson, PYM and the rest of the DSI team for pushing on with this and to all the other testers thankyou too,  I love my Tempest and every tester old and new big shoutout I think the Tempest is in a lot better state for the last couple of months of beta espeically fixing some of the bigger bugs!!!

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:25:02 PM by RobH »

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #871 on: August 03, 2017, 05:19:44 PM »
I can't take all the credit for this effort...PYM and the rest of the DSI team deserve equal accolades as well.  Also, we all appreciate the time and effort users took to aid in the process.

Have great fun with your Tempests all!
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

dsetto

« Reply #872 on: August 05, 2017, 12:17:16 AM »
Thank you DSI, Roger, JohnTheSavage, and all you Beta testers.

« Reply #873 on: August 07, 2017, 02:27:16 AM »
Cannot believe that it is all over! It was a wonderful time indeed. I remember this final OS digging has started on pages of the old forum, so nostalgic. Thanks to all participants!
btw it will be very interesting to see a list of all changes in Tempest's software from the very first OS. Wanna see how did it grow from update to update.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 02:30:11 AM by kxx303 »

« Reply #874 on: August 08, 2017, 10:27:20 AM »
Amazing work, thanks for all the efforts put in by dev and testers!

Too late for minor update?
« Reply #875 on: August 15, 2017, 06:04:50 AM »
Hi.  This is my first post.  I want to thank everyone for all their hard work in the new 1.5 Tempest OS.  I think the Tempest is a great machine.

I noticed some leftover "typos" and graphics problems from the 1.4 OS.  I know this does not affect the operation of the Tempest, but they are annoying and unprofessional to me.  I am sure these can be easily fixed:

1. Playlist step numbers goes over the dividing vertical line (20 and above, especially bad over step 99 - it's a mess).  There is plenty of space to the left of the numbers or they can be justified differently.
2. OSC 3/4 sample names for #157 and #364 are too long for bounding box.
3. MISC sound page title arrows has an arrow to the right although there is no page there.
4. Beat Events, 16 Beats, 16 Sounds, 16 Mutes, 16 Tuning also have title arrows which point to nowhere.

Although I am probably too late for this request for an added feature, it's one of the things I hate the most on the Tempest:  The revert soft button on the Sounds pages.  I would like to be able to undo this operation or have a confirm Yes/No secondary page.  I've lost many edits because the button is right next to Shift and Page Up which I use a lot.

Thanks

Re: Too late for minor update?
« Reply #876 on: August 15, 2017, 06:44:56 AM »
These are luxurious stuff you're asking compared to some features that are missing...Anyway you're too late to the party this is the final OS..
Hi.  This is my first post.  I want to thank everyone for all their hard work in the new 1.5 Tempest OS.  I think the Tempest is a great machine.

I noticed some leftover "typos" and graphics problems from the 1.4 OS.  I know this does not affect the operation of the Tempest, but they are annoying and unprofessional to me.  I am sure these can be easily fixed:

1. Playlist step numbers goes over the dividing vertical line (20 and above, especially bad over step 99 - it's a mess).  There is plenty of space to the left of the numbers or they can be justified differently.
2. OSC 3/4 sample names for #157 and #364 are too long for bounding box.
3. MISC sound page title arrows has an arrow to the right although there is no page there.
4. Beat Events, 16 Beats, 16 Sounds, 16 Mutes, 16 Tuning also have title arrows which point to nowhere.

Although I am probably too late for this request for an added feature, it's one of the things I hate the most on the Tempest:  The revert soft button on the Sounds pages.  I would like to be able to undo this operation or have a confirm Yes/No secondary page.  I've lost many edits because the button is right next to Shift and Page Up which I use a lot.

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 06:58:14 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

Cole

« Reply #877 on: August 15, 2017, 08:28:37 AM »
I sure wish we could get the Oberheim DMX samples in the tempest before the curtain goes down.

RobH

« Reply #878 on: August 15, 2017, 05:40:33 PM »
I'll just leave this here (just in case)

When you have the OSC Select button so all the osc are selected at once and you have shift pressed also if you change a pitch value by using the 4 input knobs above the screen it makes a full semi-tone adjustment instead of a fine pitch adjustment to the single oscillator you are adjusting (which should be fine if shift is held). The workaround is obviously to go to deselect all four but you should be able to fine tune i think.

I know its over just incase any last minute shit gets addressed!!!

« Reply #879 on: August 16, 2017, 04:55:06 AM »
I wish to thank everyone for the hard work over the years, I'm a happy Tempest owner and since 2012/2013 I actively followed this forum and its previous version to have my beautiful machine updated to the latest version. It is remarkable all the improvements that have been made. Thanks to all the members who contributed patiently, and thanks to the DSI team for listening,

Greetings from Argentina!

Markus