Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports

RobH

Re: Tempest Main 1.4.5.12 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #800 on: June 15, 2017, 06:32:27 AM »
The next official OS release will probably be the final iteration of the Tempest so its kind of prudent not to rush this and to give it as thorough test as possible

Cole

« Reply #801 on: June 15, 2017, 06:54:53 AM »
That's true. I just got burned with Moog on this issue with the little phatty, I just want the latest one.

dslsynth

« Reply #802 on: June 15, 2017, 07:09:31 AM »
The next official OS release will probably be the final iteration of the Tempest so its kind of prudent not to rush this and to give it as thorough test as possible

Agree! Test it to pieces while there is still an chance for updates. May be hard work right now but it will pay off on the longer term!
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

« Reply #803 on: June 15, 2017, 10:24:57 AM »
When I attempt to use Click in record it appears to voice steal from whatever pad I tap.  IE: if I have a boom kick and the clip happens at the same time the boom kick is cut off immediately.  Is this a known issue?

RobH

« Reply #804 on: June 15, 2017, 10:29:35 AM »
When I attempt to use Click in record it appears to voice steal from whatever pad I tap.  IE: if I have a boom kick and the clip happens at the same time the boom kick is cut off immediately.  Is this a known issue?

Assign the kick to a voice, the click track uses a voice like any other sounds you make on the Tempest, i can't recall if it gives the click priority but if you have a few sounds playing the click track will take up a voice and steal it.

Its known thing expected behaviour.

dsetto

« Reply #805 on: June 16, 2017, 01:44:38 AM »

Agree! ...
Agree.

« Reply #806 on: June 17, 2017, 07:50:33 AM »
hey carson et al.:

old bug still in 1.4.5.12, for me at least: while tempest clock is slaved via USB to DAW (logic 10.3.1), and while the tempest is actively sequencing, the tempest's sequencer falls out of time whenever i attempt to change a pad's sound. (to be precise: it's when i change a pad's sound folder that the glitch happens.) this makes it very very difficult to audition alternative sounds in real time, in the context of other music that might be built around the tempest's sequence.

iirc, this bug didn't appear until the 1.4 update. apologies for not reporting this sooner. i normally run clock to tempest via innerclock sync-gen midi but when i'm remote i have to use usb. let me know if there are any fixes you suggest!

« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 07:53:44 AM by godmodeinternet »

« Reply #807 on: June 17, 2017, 04:36:43 PM »
Just wanted to drop in to say that after this weekend's sets I can confirm that 1.4.5.12 seems to have solved my mysterious voice drop issue. I'm away for a few weeks so I don't have time to confirm or track other bugs being commented on, I just wanted to cross voice drops off the bug list (for me and hopefully for you all too).

Cheers!
https://textureandlight.ca (electronic music from inner space)

RobH

« Reply #808 on: June 21, 2017, 02:04:37 PM »
So I'm guessing no news is good news!!!

I'm just wondering if there is anything DSI would like us to look at, test or just play with? This time does seem to be important and shouldn't be wasted.

Is there anything from the old lists people are still think needs addressing?

« Reply #809 on: June 22, 2017, 05:10:58 AM »
So I'm guessing no news is good news!!!

I'm just wondering if there is anything DSI would like us to look at, test or just play with? This time does seem to be important and shouldn't be wasted.

Is there anything from the old lists people are still think needs addressing?

Yep, had this email exchange with Carson on June 9th in regards to beat transition, with and possibly without playlist.

"We have not yet resolved the skip behavior your found in the playlist, though Chris has been actively looking into it. It seems to be a very difficult bug to track down due to the complexity in the Tempest's code. Sorry I don't have any further roadmap and information in this regard".

Still, Tempest OS is greatly improved thanks to the hardwork of Chris, Carson and co.

cbmd

• Sequential
Re: Tempest Main 1.4.5.13 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #810 on: June 28, 2017, 01:55:21 PM »
The 1.4.5.13 Main OS version has been posted and should fix the skips on beat transitions with playlist active.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
Re: Tempest Main 1.4.5.13 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #811 on: June 28, 2017, 03:54:36 PM »
Awesome! What's left Carson?
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #812 on: June 28, 2017, 08:54:58 PM »
Actually, I've decided to pull this latest OS as there seems to be some obvious issues which were not caught in our test case at the office. 
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #813 on: June 28, 2017, 09:05:47 PM »
Any users who updated to 1.4.5.13, please downgrade to 1.4.5.12.  It has been reposted in the OS download thread.

Sorry for any inconvenience!
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #814 on: June 29, 2017, 01:20:43 PM »
1.4.5.14 has been posted and should fix any skips on beat transitions when playlist is active. 
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

Re: Tempest Main 1.4.5.14 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #815 on: June 30, 2017, 08:00:13 AM »
Hi Carson,

Initial tests I have carried out, indicate a stable fix despite the one possible 'issue' I had in the email reply I have sent you.

Thank you to you and Chris in tracking down this invasive bug over the last couple of months, and for riding out the storms generated with these betas over the last 12 months, and getting the Tempest to the stage it is at now 1.4.5.14.

Thank you.

« Reply #816 on: July 01, 2017, 04:07:37 PM »
Yeah, I just want to add my voice of sincere thanks to Chris / Pym, Carson and any others at DSI who are continuing the effort to get this wonderful machine into the best state (reasonably) possible.

I'm reminded of this comment by Pym in an unrelated GS thread some years back "...the Tempest is nearly my dream performance instrument and I'm gonna make it do things right and intuitively even if it kills me."

May the wind remain at your back in this particular endeavour. We Tempestuous folk appreciate it.

« Reply #817 on: July 05, 2017, 11:45:25 AM »
Hi,
today i´ve joined the forum and have updatet my TEMPEST from Version 1.4 . I think i did, because the SystemInfo Page shows:
Main OS 1.4.5.14
Voice OS 1.5 (for all six voices) (first updatet)
Panel OS 1.3
Sam OS 1.1

But during the "writing" process the LEDs at Slider 1 abortet to went up at LED Nr. 7 (the first one at the ground doesnt lit too) and after a wile nothing happened (no working process at Slider 2) i tried to resend the sysex file but it doesnt worked, so i desided to turn it off. After restarting the Tempest it shows the new Main OS, but is everything fine with my Tempest or does anything went wrong?  :o

After recalibrating everything I tryed it a second time with the same result.

Greetings from Germany

RobH

« Reply #818 on: July 05, 2017, 12:53:03 PM »
Hi,
today i´ve joined the forum and have updatet my TEMPEST from Version 1.4 . I think i did, because the SystemInfo Page shows:
Main OS 1.4.5.14
Voice OS 1.5 (for all six voices) (first updatet)
Panel OS 1.3
Sam OS 1.1

But during the "writing" process the LEDs at Slider 1 abortet to went up at LED Nr. 7 (the first one at the ground doesnt lit too) and after a wile nothing happened (no working process at Slider 2) i tried to resend the sysex file but it doesnt worked, so i desided to turn it off. After restarting the Tempest it shows the new Main OS, but is everything fine with my Tempest or does anything went wrong?  :o

After recalibrating everything I tryed it a second time with the same result.

Greetings from Germany

Yeah this is normal, my doesn't go to the top on updates either, just wait for it to stop for a while and you'll be ok. (and trust me i've done a fair few updates lol!!!) Your all good mate

deepminddark

• I <3 my Tempest.
    • homeŽecords label.
« Reply #819 on: July 05, 2017, 04:10:45 PM »
Dear Dave, Roger and Team.
Please don't stop supporting my TEMPEST!!  :(
Tempest for life.